Biden delivers

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
subgenius
God

Biden delivers

Post by subgenius »

I will just leave this here:

"If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black," Biden said."/i]

apologetics in 3...2..

Icarus
Apostle

Re: Biden delivers

Post by Icarus »

What took you so long?

It was a dumb comment, clearly sarcastic. I suspect he'll pick up more black votes from this remark than he'll lose.

I'll put on my subgenius hat on and pretend Trump said it: "So he thinks black people are never indecisive.. sounds like a compliment."

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Democrats could put Obama as VP then have Biden resign due to dementia.

Icarus
Apostle

Post by Icarus »

Biden in a landslide if he chooses Michelle Obama.

The only good news for Trump is that she's not interested.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What apologetic? It was an incredibly dumb statement primarily because he assumes Black people should vote Democrat, which is a nod to promised entitlement programs. There's so much wrong with the statement I don't even know where to begin, but sufficeth to say it's nice to see Subgenius drunk drive-by posting again.

- Doc

Icarus
Apostle

Post by Icarus »

Most black people I know liked his remark. Ultimately those black people (vast majority) who hate Trump will love this comment and the Candace Owen types on the right will have conniption fits over it, suggesting that this old white dude is more in touch with the black community than she is.

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jamelle Hill sure agreed with Biden. I guess most black people did like the comment which is sad.

Icarus
Apostle

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 pm
Jamelle Hill sure agreed with Biden. I guess most black people did like the comment which is sad.
Because they know he's not racist. He is far more in touch with the black community than Trump could ever hope to be. Trump's only talking point for the black people is, "Look at the black unemployment rate since I got elected its at record lows."

Well, it was on the verge of record low leading up to the election after 6 years of dramatic decline thanks to Obama. Most black people understand this.

Icarus
Apostle

Post by Icarus »

Imagine Trump apologizing for a remark a like this almost immediately...

"The bottom line of all this is perhaps I was much too cavalier," Biden said in a campaign call with black business leaders. "I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted. But nothing could be further for the truth. I've never ever done that and I've earned it every time I've run. I was making the point that I have never taken the vote for granted. And in fact, I know in order to win the presidency I need the African American vote. And it was the driving force as I said in the beginning of my campaign year ago, to my being able to win in the first place and win the primary. And it is going to be critical to my winning the presidency."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... iew-274490

subgenius
God

Post by subgenius »

Icarus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm
Imagine Trump apologizing for a remark a like this almost immediately...

"The bottom line of all this is perhaps I was much too cavalier," Biden said in a campaign call with black business leaders. "I know that the comments have come off like I was taking the African American vote for granted. But nothing could be further for the truth. I've never ever done that and I've earned it every time I've run. I was making the point that I have never taken the vote for granted. And in fact, I know in order to win the presidency I need the African American vote. And it was the driving force as I said in the beginning of my campaign year ago, to my being able to win in the first place and win the primary. And it is going to be critical to my winning the presidency."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/2 ... iew-274490
Kewl, one being racist is just one being "too cavalier".
That David Duke is just "too cavalier".

subgenius
God

Post by subgenius »

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm
Yeah, resigning over dementia isn't a thing any more. We still have Trump.

Resigning over shame, idiocy, dishonesty, sexual assault, incompetence, corruption, or constant whining isn't a thing anymore either, apparently.

You morons can say whatever you want about Biden, but he has the Trump card.

subgenius
God

Post by subgenius »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:11 am
ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:23 pm
Yeah, resigning over dementia isn't a thing any more. We still have Trump.

Resigning over shame, idiocy, dishonesty, sexual assault, incompetence, corruption, or constant whining isn't a thing anymore either, apparently.

You morons can say whatever you want about Biden, but he has the Trump card.
Resigning isn't the same as electing, but you do you and nevermind how hilarious you look dismissing in Biden that which you proclaim as intolerable from Trump.

“I’m prepared to say that I have a record of over forty years and that I’m going to beat Joe Biden.” -Joe Biden

subgenius
God

Post by subgenius »

Radio host Charlamagne tha God is pushing back one day after former Vice President Joe Biden said on his show “The Breakfast Club” that African-American voters "ain’t black” if they can’t decide whether to vote for him or incumbent President Trump.

“I see black communities all across America catching hell regardless of who is in the White House,” the radio host told The Hill on Saturday. “Because we have a bunch of underlying conditions created by systemic racism that have never been fixed.”

“The whole system needs to be dismantled and rebuilt, and he’s been a very intricate part of that system," Charlamagne tha God -- whose name is Lenard Larry McKelvey -- said of Biden.

DarkHelmet
God

Post by DarkHelmet »

A huge Trump supporter is criticizing Biden for saying something stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I love about the outrage over any of Biden's gaffes from Trump's side is there is an acknowledgement of a double standard. More is expected from a Democrat candidate.

subgenius
God

Post by subgenius »

DarkHelmet wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:47 am
A huge Trump supporter is criticizing Biden for saying something stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I love about the outrage over any of Biden's gaffes from Trump's side is there is an acknowledgement of a double standard. More is expected from a Democrat candidate.
tl:dr
DarkHelmet wrote:whataboutism :cry:

DarkHelmet
God

Post by DarkHelmet »

subgenius wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:59 am
DarkHelmet wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:47 am

tl:dr
:lol: :lol:

DoubtingThomas
God

Post by DoubtingThomas »

Icarus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:26 pm
Biden in a landslide if he chooses Michelle Obama.
Biden will not pick a black woman as VP. Biden already has the support of black voters.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I don't know. Until this happened I thought Warren was a given. Now...don't know. Warren doesn't have the baggage of Klobuchar but I think this may influence the discussion where a week ago it didn't.

DoubtingThomas
God

Post by DoubtingThomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 5:31 pm
I don't know. Until this happened I thought Warren was a given. Now...don't know. Warren doesn't have the baggage of Klobuchar but I think this may influence the discussion where a week ago it didn't.
I don't think his "you ain't black" comment is going to hurt him.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Now that two days has passed since Biden made his comment, a random article has noted the following tweets from Trump all within the mere 48 hours since:
* Retweeted a post calling 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton a "skank."

* Retweeted a post suggesting -- contrary to science -- that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for coronavirus, adding these words: "Many physicians agree with you. Also, some very good studies!"

* Retweeted a photo of former 2018 Georgia gubernatorial nominee Stacy Abrams that included these words: "She fought a tough race, kissed a lot of babies and visited every buffet restaurant in the State."

* Retweeted two doctored photos of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi -- one with a Trump 2020 face mask on and one with duct tape over her mouth. The tweet said: "To protect PolyGrip during this pandemic, we have developed 2 options. With the DJT option, she will be able to tongue and adjust her dentures more easily. With duct tape, she won't be able to drink booze on the job as much."

* Tweeted, with no evidence or proof, that mail-in ballots will produce "the greatest Rigged Election in history."

* Retweeted an article about the death of an intern in then-Florida Rep. Joe Scarborough's office, adding: "So a young marathon runner just happened to faint in his office, hit her head on his desk, & die? I would think there is a lot more to this story than that?"

* Tweeted this unfounded speculation about the 1990s death of the intern in Scarborough's office: "A blow to her head? Body found under his desk? Left Congress suddenly? Big topic of discussion in Florida...and, he's a Nut Job (with bad ratings). Keep digging, use forensic geniuses!"

* Tweeted that former Attorney General Jeff Sessions should drop out of the Alabama Senate race -- accusing him of having "no courage, & ruined many lives."

That's all in the last 48 hours.

If you want to act like Biden's "you ain't black" remark is the worst thing you've ever heard while simply ignoring the President of the United States suggesting a) a former Congressman -- and now cable TV host -- committed a murder (with zero evidence) b) the former Secretary of State is a "skank" c) a former gubernatorial nominee is overweight and d) the Speaker of the House has a drinking problem, it's going to be very hard for me to consider your upset as genuine.
subs has never been known for integrity, consistency or morals so he’ll just shield his eyes from this and will instead move on to posting a dishonest meme next. ; )