Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
Post Reply
User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 pm
I have a close friend who takes this medication for one of its approved uses. She has had trouble off and on making sure she has an adequate supply on hand. That trouble began when Trump started promoting its use. I’m sure this latest statement by him will make her situation worse. If we considered only the medical evidence, there is no justification for taking HCQ prophylactically. The only reason this is an issue is his followers treating everything as a political battle. I hope whichever doctor prescribed it for him has his malpractice insurance paid up. And his informed consent conversation videotaped.
Or perhaps we could try making some more of it?

Thank you for admitting this is is a supply and public healthcare rationing issue and not really about what's best for an indivuduals health as determined by the indivdual in consult with his physician.

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17965
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by EAllusion »

People are able to pressure their doctors to prescribe them what they want to take routinely. Further, some doctors are prone to errant judgements about prescriptions themselves and are not immune from falling into a political cult that might bias those decisions. The political campaign behind hydroxychloroquine, including the President repeatedly pushing it and given a personal testimonial to using it, is going to result in more people taking a drug for a purpose for which there currently is no support. This already is leading to shortages for use of the drug for which there is actual evidence of efficacy, and may involve increased risk of harm for people given several preliminary studies that have found evidence of that.

I think it should be your right to shoot heroin into your eyeball, but I also think it's bad when people encourage you to do that.

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14920
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 pm
That's because you're a cowardly hypocrite who avoids reading or learning anything that conflicts with what you would rather believe. You're like the smoker who became so alarmed and frightened by what he was learning about the deadly health hazards of smoking that he gave up reading.
That was a shining example of accurate analysis with flair.

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14920
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Some Schmo »

So, I recently commented that Trump telling people to "open up the economy" was his version of Jim Jones recommending Kool-Aid.

It would be more accurate to say that Trump recommending hydroxychloroquine is like Jim Jones recommending Kool-Aid. I suppose since Trump's death percentages are lower than Jim Jones', he needs more than one avenue.

ETA: It occurs to me that Trump might be subconsciously trying to kill his base. When the outbreak started to become really serious to everyone back in early March, I remember thinking, Trump wants people to die. I don't think he likes being President, deep down inside. He sure does suck at it, and that would make sense if you knew his heart wasn't in it.

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:58 pm
So, I recently commented that Trump telling people to "open up the economy" was his version of Jim Jones recommending Kool-Aid.

It would be more accurate to say that Trump recommending hydroxychloroquine is like Jim Jones recommending Kool-Aid. I suppose since Trump's death percentages are lower than Jim Jones', he needs more than one avenue.

ETA: It occurs to me that Trump might be subconsciously trying to kill his base. When the outbreak started to become really serious to everyone back in early March, I remember thinking, Trump wants people to die. I don't think he likes being President, deep down inside. He sure does suck at it, and that would make sense if you knew his heart wasn't in it.
Knowing he was going to take this kind of abuse from the media and the deep state and still being able to plough through all of it is why Trump is my champion. Nobody else could have endured it and would have folded every time just as the weak Republicans have done so many times when up against the radical left. He has won my love and loyalty since he first came down the escalator. I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice myself to protect him or further his cause. And yet all he continues to do is win. I think he's going to win again.

User avatar
Icarus
First Presidency
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Icarus »

"Endured"? What could a lesser man have done that would have been any more pathetic and cowering than the way Trump has responded to the media? He's a whiny ____ and all he does is play the victim card. Mark Cuban slammed him on the Hannity show for this pointing out that he has no leadership at all in any situation, saying he would never hire him to run any of his companies because all he does is whine and make excuses, even when he is in the most powerful position in the world and surrounding himself with absolute loyalists who suck up to him, all he does is make excuses and blame the media because he knows idiots like you want to her that.

"Endured"! LOL All of Trump's problems with the media are of his own making. If he weren't such an incompetent buffoon and a compulsive liar, the media wouldn't have any reason to call him out.

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14920
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:43 am
Knowing he was going to take this kind of abuse from the media and the deep state and still being able to plough through all of it is why Trump is my champion.
You're such a ____ infant, just like Trump.

Why is the media "abusing" him? Because he's a total ____ up. His opinion (and apparently yours) is that he should be able to be as much of an incompetent, idiot, asshole, criminal, and pathological liar as he wants and the media should just praise it all.

You're both ____ delusional morons and assholes. That's not the way the world works.

And by the way, he considers it abuse when reporters quote his own words back to him. He freaks out when you use his own words to contradict what he just said. Well sure - when you say it back like that, it makes him sound like the idiot and asshole he is. It never ____ dawns on him that others might consider his words abusive as well. He considers all manner of reasonable questions "abuse." I suppose if you ask him a hard question, like "Do you take any responsibility," he feels abused.

Winning... ajax gets bent over and vigorously raped up the ass and he calls it "winning."

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14920
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Some Schmo »

Obama took approximately a million times more undeserved abuse than Trump ever has, and yet, I don't consider him my champion. He was President. It comes with the job. You don't campaign for 15 months trying to win the office and then whine when everyone flashes a critical spotlight on you because you took the high-profile job.

____ whiny little babies. The GOP is the embodiment of everything about which I've ever heard them complain. Hypocrites and babies.

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14920
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Some Schmo »

I'm starting to suspect that ajax says outrageously stupid and clearly false things just for the resulting criticism. I guess it's not enough to be reamed by Trump. He needs it from everyone.

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

"Endured"! LOL All of Trump's problems with the media are of his own making. If he weren't such [hard right conservative] and [politically incorrect], the media wouldn't have any reason to call him out.
Your candidate hasn't left his basement for the past 90 days and can barely form a sentence. Your feelings have nothing to do with intelligence nor competence, just where the candidate falls on the political spectrum. And the truth is the media would have been just as bad or worse on Romney. Compromise and negotiation with you people is worthless.

User avatar
Morley
God
Posts: 3477
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Morley »

What Icarus actually wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:29 am
"Endured"! LOL All of Trump's problems with the media are of his own making. If he weren't such an incompetent buffoon and a compulsive liar, the media wouldn't have any reason to call him out.
What ajax18 interpreted from what Icarus wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 am
"Endured"! LOL All of Trump's problems with the media are of his own making. If he weren't such [hard right conservative] and [politically incorrect], the media wouldn't have any reason to call him out.

I can't help but read this that, in your mind, Ajax:

incompetent buffoon = hard right conservative

&

compulsive liar = politically incorrect

This explains much.

Themis
God
Posts: 13174
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Themis »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:13 pm
Or perhaps we could try making some more of it?
Making more tends to be more complicated.
Thank you for admitting this is is a supply and public healthcare rationing issue and not really about what's best for an indivuduals health as determined by the indivdual in consult with his physician.
Are you being intentionally dishonest or did you not read RI's one short paragraph post in which he clearly indicates it is about an individuals health? No president should be promoting unproven drugs, and this one is showing it is not effective against covid 19 and when you look at side effects, it is harmful for people to take. Most drugs will have negative side effects, but we take them if the positives outweigh the negatives. This drug is not showing to have any positives to weigh against it's negative side effects. It's really irresponsible of Trump to be promoting this as he does, but we both know he has a bad history of doing things like this.

User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 9867
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:13 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 pm
I have a close friend who takes this medication for one of its approved uses. She has had trouble off and on making sure she has an adequate supply on hand. That trouble began when Trump started promoting its use. I’m sure this latest statement by him will make her situation worse. If we considered only the medical evidence, there is no justification for taking HCQ prophylactically. The only reason this is an issue is his followers treating everything as a political battle. I hope whichever doctor prescribed it for him has his malpractice insurance paid up. And his informed consent conversation videotaped.
Or perhaps we could try making some more of it?

Thank you for admitting this is is a supply and public healthcare rationing issue and not really about what's best for an indivuduals health as determined by the indivdual in consult with his physician.
And thank you for proving my claim: that the only reason that HCQ is an issue is that Trump’s followers treat every issue as a political. Of course, to do you had to distort part of what I said and ignore the rest. But that doesn’t matter when one’s sole objective is to defend the cult leader. You’d make an awesome Scientologist.
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Thu May 21, 2020 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 9867
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dup
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Thu May 21, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
honorentheos
God
Posts: 10524
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:25 am
Obama took approximately a million times more undeserved abuse than Trump ever has,...
Stopping here to slightly go in a different direction than you did, this is what I thought when reading ajax's post. Yet he was largely above it, typically focused on his job, and when he did comment on it, it was pointing out how it affected the discourse in America more so than his ego being wounded.

I don't know that Ajax would agree, but I'd give Obama high marks for demonstrating how one should deal with the bitter criticism and unjust attacks that are inevitable in modern society.

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17965
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by EAllusion »

Obama's sort of on the opposite end of Trump where his intense desire to appear bipartisan and above the fray ended up making him relatively ineffective as a President and actively harmed the country when a more forceful action was needed. This is up to and including failing to alert the nation about emerging intelligence findings regarding the Trump campaign.

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14920
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Some Schmo »

EAllusion wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:57 am
This is up to and including failing to alert the nation about emerging intelligence findings regarding the Trump campaign.
I hear you on this, but man... imagine the circumstances he was in when having to make that call. It was looking pretty sure Trump was going to lose the election, and everyone knows the political spasm the GOP would have had with this revelation during the run up to the election. Trump was already talking about the election being rigged. They would have attached the two immediately.

Don't envy Obama's decision.

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20814
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Themis, “... or did you not read RI's one short paragraph...?”

You’re kidding, right?

- Doc

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

No president should be promoting unproven drugs, and this one is showing it is not effective against covid 19 and when you look at side effects, it is harmful for people to take.
Well let's see how much harm it does to these 10,000 British healthcare workers. Don't they know that science has proven this drug to be more harmful than it helps. Surely this wouldn't happen in a beacon of liberal western European socialism that bases its political decisions upon science and eschews people acting on their gut feelings.
Britain’s National Health Service (NHS) has revealed that it is following U.S. President Donald Trump’s lead on experimenting with hydroxychloroquine as a coronavirus preventative.

The state-run, socialised healthcare provider will be giving hydroxychloroquine to as many as 10,000 health workers at at least 20 hospitals as part of a clinical trial led by the Mahidol Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (Moru), to confirm anecdotal evidence that it can prevent people from catching the Chinese virus.

The announcement may give satisfaction to President Trump, who was slammed by left-liberal politicians and commentators when he revealed that he was taking hydroxychloroquine as a possible preventative.

The American leader told reporters on Monday that they would “be surprised at how many people are taking [hydroxychloroquine], especially the frontline workers, before you catch it,” before revealing that he is taking the drug himself.

Chuck Schumer, who leads the Democrats in the U.S. Senate, branded the President “reckless” and claimed that “All the experts say at best it doesn’t help” following the revelation.

“I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group,” added Nancy Pelosi, Schumer’s 80-year-old counterpart in the House of Representatives — before going on to suggest the President should be extra cautious because he is “morbidly obese”.
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/0 ... ventative/

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17965
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by EAllusion »

Assuming you didn't get your degree from a cracker-jack box, when you went to school, did they explain to you the difference between a clinical trial of a drug and prescribing drugs for off-label uses as an unproven treatment?

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

EAllusion wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm
Assuming you didn't get your degree from a cracker-jack box, when you went to school, did they explain to you the difference between a clinical trial of a drug and prescribing drugs for off-label uses as an unproven treatment?
It's a shame I can't put you on ignore as well. You're becoming all bite and no substance.

Post Reply