Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
Post Reply
User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6400
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:06 pm
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/ ... -covid-19/

tl;dr <- and we know our favorite racist jackoff won’t read it! - Woman Who Took Hydroxychloroquine For 19 Years To Treat Lupus Still Got COVID-19

- Doc
Not if you post the link I won't read it. You're a prick and I'm putting you on ignore.

Gunnar
God
Posts: 5684
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:10 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:41 am
I guess I don't agree that Trump is encouraging people to buy tablets OTC and start taking them without proper medical supervision ...
Yup, No-one takes any notice of what Trump says or does, even his supporters. He doesn't have to worry about people saying 'If it's good enough for the President, it's good enough for me!'. Trump supporters are much too sensible to do dumb things like that.

That spike in demand for hydroxychloroquine we read about must have been Democrats trying to buy up supplies to stop Trump getting his medication,
Riiiight! Of course! Why didn't we think of that? :wink:

Gunnar
God
Posts: 5684
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:06 pm
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/ ... -covid-19/

tl;dr <- and we know our favorite racist jackoff won’t read it! - Woman Who Took Hydroxychloroquine For 19 Years To Treat Lupus Still Got COVID-19

- Doc
Not if you post the link I won't read it. You're a prick and I'm putting you on ignore.
Thanks for confirming Doc's accusation and what we all suspect, that you simply won't read any evidence that disconfirms what you are already determined to believe. No wonder you never learn anything new! That is the surest way to avoid ever having to admit you're mistaken about anything. isn't it?

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33223
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:33 am
Every one of you would like nothing more than to see DJT dead or disabled. So why this big bruhaha over him taking hydroxychloroquine? Are you worried he won't get corona virus and die? I don't understand why you care one way or the other.
I think it's been about 2 years now (seems right) where I said on the board in full public view that I would never attack you on this board again and I have remained true to my word.

I can think of no reason for you to accuse me of wanting to see Trump or anyone else on the planet, dead. Out of office? Yes. Dead? No.

That you would accuse me of wanting another human being dead is sickening to me, ajax. That is an attack on my character, my integrity, the condition of my heart, and my soul.

Gunnar
God
Posts: 5684
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am
goddammit...

(accidental post).

Screw it... I'm going to take Lemmie and make Lemmie aid.

There once was a President on gin
Wouldn't touch, don't know where he's been
His failure of heart
Might be a good start
After taking hydroxychloroquine

(Nothing like a prescription drug name to screw with your meter).
I love it!

User avatar
Chap
God
Posts: 13969
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:51 pm
That spike in demand for hydroxychloroquine we read about must have been Democrats trying to buy up supplies to stop Trump getting his medication,
So that's the real issue is it not? It's not that hydroxychloroquine is dangerous and it's not that there's no chance it might help fight corona virus. It's that we can't afford to provide it so we don't want people asking for it.
Nope. The point was that if Trump says 'I'm taking hydroxychloroquine', as he did, then he knows fine well that many, many of his followers will want to do the same. And the increased demand shows the effect of what he said. So it's clear that when you said:
I guess I don't agree that Trump is encouraging people to buy tablets OTC and start taking them without proper medical supervision ...
... you were incorrect. Trump said 'I'm taking hydroxychloroquine', and lots of people went out and bought some.

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6400
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

I think it's been about 2 years now (seems right) where I said on the board in full public view that I would never attack you on this board again and I have remained true to my word.

I can think of no reason for you to accuse me of wanting to see Trump or anyone else on the planet, dead. Out of office? Yes. Dead? No.

That you would accuse me of wanting another human being dead is sickening to me, ajax. That is an attack on my character, my integrity, the condition of my heart, and my soul.
Sorry I didn't have you in mind when I said that. That being said, I know you enjoy freely talking and taking shots at DJT amongst like minded company here. But this anti Trump rhetoric and Trump derangement syndrome has crossed the line in my view in many ways.

How are we supposed to react to a comedian decapitating Trump in gory effigy? How would you react if we were to hang Obama in effigy? There's a double standard that to me is unacceptable.

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20858
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ha! How did I know he'd respond to the one sentence blurb! What a perfect moment.

- Doc

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20858
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18, "How would you react if we were to hang Obama in effigy? There's a double standard that to me is unacceptable."

Gee. I don't know. This shows yet again our racist jackoff has his head in the sand.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obama+e ... 80&bih=612

- Doc

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20858
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »


User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33223
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:03 pm


Sorry I didn't have you in mind when I said that.
That's not true. Here are your words. You wrote these in direct response to me.
Every one of you would like nothing more than to see DJT dead or disabled. So why this big bruhaha over him taking hydroxychloroquine? Are you worried he won't get corona virus and die? I don't understand why you care one way or the other.

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6400
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by ajax18 »

That's not true. Here are your words. You wrote these in direct response to me.
Yes I know that's what I said. I'm just saying I misspoke and didn't mean to include you in that.

User avatar
MissTish
God
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:17 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by MissTish »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:03 pm
I think it's been about 2 years now (seems right) where I said on the board in full public view that I would never attack you on this board again and I have remained true to my word.

I can think of no reason for you to accuse me of wanting to see Trump or anyone else on the planet, dead. Out of office? Yes. Dead? No.

That you would accuse me of wanting another human being dead is sickening to me, ajax. That is an attack on my character, my integrity, the condition of my heart, and my soul.
Sorry I didn't have you in mind when I said that. That being said, I know you enjoy freely talking and taking shots at DJT amongst like minded company here. But this anti Trump rhetoric and Trump derangement syndrome has crossed the line in my view in many ways.

How are we supposed to react to a comedian decapitating Trump in gory effigy? How would you react if we were to hang Obama in effigy? There's a double standard that to me is unacceptable.
Yes, we all remember your outrage over the lynched effigies of Obama, and how strongly you condemned the racist iconography that so frequently appeared during his tenure.

Your outspoken condemnation of this sort of line crossing during the last administration is how we can be sure that you’re not a hypocrite, but a man who respects the office of the President, no matter who holds it.

A paragon of equal treatment, that’s our Ajax

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14962
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:41 am
I guess I don't agree that Trump is encouraging people...
Stupid? Or lying?

That's a riddle.

Notice in that post, ajax offered absolutely no alternate reason for the idiot in chief saying such a thing, given that we know of no other reason he'd be taking a drug that doesn't do what the idiot says it does.

I wonder what Trump did with ajax's ball sack when he handed it over. Probably sniffed it a couple times and tossed it in the dirt.

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20858
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MissTish, "Yes, we all remember your outrage over the lynched effigies of Obama, and how strongly you condemned the racist iconography that so frequently appeared during his tenure.

Your outspoken condemnation of this sort of line crossing during the last administration is how we can be sure that you’re not a hypocrite, but a man who respects the office of the President, no matter who holds it.

A paragon of equal treatment, that’s our Ajax."

____. Our little sack of detritus was balls deep in Stormfront during the Obama era.

- Doc

I have a question
God
Posts: 9533
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by I have a question »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:59 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:41 am
I guess I don't agree that Trump is encouraging people...
Stupid? Or lying?

That's a riddle.

Notice in that post, ajax offered absolutely no alternate reason for the idiot in chief saying such a thing, given that we know of no other reason he'd be taking a drug that doesn't do what the idiot says it does.

I wonder what Trump did with ajax's ball sack when he handed it over. Probably sniffed it a couple times and tossed it in the dirt.
Did I hear correctly that the malaria drug the President said he was taking as a resistant to Covid 19, which couldn't possibly be of any harm even if it didn't help to resist Covid 19, has possible death as a side effect and is produced by a company in which he has admitted a financial vested interest?

Is there anything, anything at all, that Trump (the guy wanting tests of disinfectant injections) could do for which he would actually be removed from office?

User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 9890
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Res Ipsa »

I have a close friend who takes this medication for one of its approved uses. She has had trouble off and on making sure she has an adequate supply on hand. That trouble began when Trump started promoting its use. I’m sure this latest statement by him will make her situation worse. If we considered only the medical evidence, there is no justification for taking HCQ prophylactically. The only reason this is an issue is his followers treating everything as a political battle. I hope whichever doctor prescribed it for him has his malpractice insurance paid up. And his informed consent conversation videotaped.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33223
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:29 pm
That's not true. Here are your words. You wrote these in direct response to me.
Yes I know that's what I said. I'm just saying I misspoke and didn't mean to include you in that.
Okay I'll take you at your word. But not without a follow up response from me.

It's not a good idea to lump people into a pile so you can slap a label on them. The truth is that I couldn't put up a good political argument here if my life depended on it and everyone seems to know it but you. Medications? I'm not a doctor. I'm a patient and I'm fairly confident I can pick away at the implications of the President taking a drug that is not approved for this specific use and announcing it in the middle of a public Q&A in terms of it creating a perfect storm of risk for himself and the influence of the announcement on the American public.

Why you are not addressing those things is beyond me because you are the doctor, not me, buddy.

I'm really sick of you right now. Thought you should know.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33223
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 pm
I have a close friend who takes this medication for one of its approved uses. She has had trouble off and on making sure she has an adequate supply on hand. That trouble began when Trump started promoting its use. I’m sure this latest statement by him will make her situation worse. If we considered only the medical evidence, there is no justification for taking HCQ prophylactically. The only reason this is an issue is his followers treating everything as a political battle. I hope whichever doctor prescribed it for him has his malpractice insurance paid up. And his informed consent conversation videotaped.
YES.

There is the potential for people running scared and beating a path to their doctors to twist their arms to prescribe this for prophylactic use when it's completely unproven scientifically that it does any such thing at all to prevent or ameliorate the impact of the virus should one contract it. Then where will your friend be? SOL because the supply is dwindling on account of this?

He is not only putting himself at risk. He's putting folks who are easily influenced at risk for taking a potent medication with a list of possible side effects as long as your arm and damaging the supply for those who take it regularly for it's approved uses.

At the time this drug was being touted as a possible promising therapeutic for CV-19, I got excited and looked it up right away. Guess who can't take it?

Me.

So at the very beginning of this mess, I felt like if I contracted the virus I'd be twisting in the wind. So there is but one example of how reports about these medications influences the public mindset. At the time I was very hopeful and then I realized that if this were the only medication proven to help treat the virus (a long with Z-pak) I was essentially ____. And that's where it stood at that moment in time for me.

Gunnar
God
Posts: 5684
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:55 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:06 pm
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/ ... -covid-19/

tl;dr <- and we know our favorite racist jackoff won’t read it! - Woman Who Took Hydroxychloroquine For 19 Years To Treat Lupus Still Got COVID-19

- Doc
Not if you post the link I won't read it. You're a prick and I'm putting you on ignore.
That's because you're a cowardly hypocrite who avoids reading or learning anything that conflicts with what you would rather believe. You're like the smoker who became so alarmed and frightened by what he was learning about the deadly health hazards of smoking that he gave up reading.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33223
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Good News! Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine!

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:29 pm

That's because you're a cowardly hypocrite who avoids reading or learning anything that conflicts with what you would rather believe. You're like the smoker who became so alarmed and frightened by what he was learning about the deadly health hazards of smoking that he gave up reading.
Remember the old days when there were no block or ignore features? Heck, people hunted you down like a dirty dog trying to make you respond.

Well maybe not you. Okay, it was me. :lol:

Post Reply