Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
User avatar
moksha
God
Posts: 21851
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm
We’ve literally watched a man hit his literal mental and emotional maturation limit with Ajax. 10 years of this ____. It’s amazing to realize that sometimes a person’s coding is such that they can’t exceed the limits of their programming. It is what it is.

- Doc
Would you rather he be stuck back in his Klan days?

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20814
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

He’s still there, and if you think he’s moved on from that the joke’s on you.

Which. Knowing you. You’d enjoy.

- Doc

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Some Schmo »

Trump, Fox News, and the Trump supporting base are a ____ disease that are costing lives every day, right now.

They do not deserve any answers to their idiotic ____ questions.

They say "Obamagate!" and it should be every patriotic citizen's responsibility to say, "____ you, you're full of ____."

____ you ajax. You're full of ____.

Obama built an awesome economy that was so strong, it took Trump three and a half years and a pandemic to completely ____ it up. You're so ____ stupid you think Trump did something right. You're a ____ moron.

User avatar
DarkHelmet
God
Posts: 5416
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by DarkHelmet »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:26 am
If "Obamagate" takes off, I will admit that I underestimated just how ____ stupid and gullible the Trump/Fox News base really is.

Holy Christ, these people are ____ brain dead.
That's the difference between you and Trump/Fox News. They don't underestimate how stupid their base is.

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20814
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

"That's the difference between you and Trump/Fox News. They don't underestimate how stupid their base is."

Just one example of many, off the top of my head, is the fact that Amazon, ostensibly the most profitable corporation in the world, paid no taxes in 2018 as a result of Trump's tax breaks passed in 2017. The Conservative base doesn't really put two and two together in the sense that that money is necessary to run a government which is necessary to wage a coordinated and effective response to the unknown, in this case an existential threat facing millions of Americans.

It's all so tiresome, because how do you take the time to educate millions of people who refuse to absolutely acknowledge anything beyond a few sentences, a meme, or soundbite? They literally get angry, frustrated, confused, or bored when more than a few dozen words are used. I suppose this it what Rome felt like when, as their empire was collapsing, the emperor insisted on bread and circuses for the masses. They are, in fact, morons who elected a moron in an American idiocracy.

- Doc

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Some Schmo »

DarkHelmet wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:23 am
That's the difference between you and Trump/Fox News. They don't underestimate how stupid their base is.
This can't be stressed enough. Nobody is in touch with just how stupid, spineless and weak the GOP base is than the GOP itself. They speak to the base like it is full of idiots every single day. They must be onto something.

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by ajax18 »

Comey wasn't exactly going "by the book," as Susan Rice writes in a CYA email 2 weeks after the entrapment.
“There’s a process by which the FBI comes in to talk to somebody. You consult with the White House Counsel, you potentially show the individual you’re asking questions of a transcript, and by the way, you’re asking questions that are relevant to a potential crime in essence that are material to an ongoing and legitimate investigation,” Rubio said. “And there are questions about two of those three things. We know they didn’t show them the transcripts of what it is they were asking about. We know that they didn’t coordinate with the White House Counsel. They actually went in there sort of under false pretenses and in what appears to be an effort to entrap them. This whole thing makes no sense. Michael Flynn was a long-time member of the intelligence community. He would have known that any time anyone talks to a foreign official, there are chances are that — that those calls are being intercepted potentially by multiple agencies around the world. I mean, you know, this happens all the time. And he would certainly know what’s out there and who listens to what, including other countries for that matter.”
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/05 ... -by-comey/

Hopefully once we win this next election the deep state will be gone.

User avatar
Icarus
First Presidency
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Icarus »

There is no deep state. That's just something Trump and his idiot following invented from thin air.

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by ajax18 »

Icarus wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm
There is no deep state. That's just something Trump and his idiot following invented from thin air.
All the partisan mainstream media informants will be sent packing. I still don't fully understand why it wasn't done sooner but I'm pretty confident after this next election there will be a much needed cleansing.

User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 14916
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:59 am

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Some Schmo »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 pm
Icarus wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm
There is no deep state. That's just something Trump and his idiot following invented from thin air.
All the partisan mainstream media informants will be sent packing. I still don't fully understand why it wasn't done sooner but I'm pretty confident after this next election there will be a much needed cleansing.
Meanwhile, Col. Mustard was in the library, caressing the lead pipe. As he tried to listen in on Hunter Biden's nefarious plot coming from the study, he was contemplating whether this or the monkey wrench was more fitting.

User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 9867
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Res Ipsa »

Isn’t it neat what you can do when you have the power to selectively declassify whatever you want. Every trial lawyer I know would give up a limb to be able to unilaterally decide which evidence the jury gets to hear.

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 pm
Isn’t it neat what you can do when you have the power to selectively declassify whatever you want. Every trial lawyer I know would give up a limb to be able to unilaterally decide which evidence the jury gets to hear.
I'm sure there's plenty more to come. But yeah, if the 2016 election had went just slightly the other way, we wouldn't know any of this.

Res Ipsa would you say you are more or less of a legal realist since becoming a lawyer. This isn't a knock on your profession but I found the BS element so thick in legal textbooks that my mind just rejected it and I could scarcely listen to it. It's impossible to predict or understand without knowing the politics. Election results determine right and wrong in so many ways. History is written by the victors.

User avatar
Icarus
First Presidency
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:51 pm
Icarus wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 1:45 pm
There is no deep state. That's just something Trump and his idiot following invented from thin air.
All the partisan mainstream media informants will be sent packing. I still don't fully understand why it wasn't done sooner but I'm pretty confident after this next election there will be a much needed cleansing.
Again, you're just demonstrating your naïvété. You bury yourself in Brietbart daily with no regard for how often they're lying to you.

User avatar
Icarus
First Presidency
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:34 pm

I'm sure there's plenty more to come. But yeah, if the 2016 election had went just slightly the other way, we wouldn't know any of this.
Know any of what? You're provided nothing of substance. There is nothing to "know" here. No evidence of anything other than your inability to admit being wrong, and to recognize your shady sources are having a shrinking effect on your brain.

EAllusion
God
Posts: 17960
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:39 am

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by EAllusion »

Know what, exactly, Ajax? I see the quote you offered, but aside from a false definition of entrapment, there's not even an argument there. It's just you demanding people pay. Later, you claim to care very much about purging the "deep state" because you take leaks to the media very seriously, only that's not really true either.

For instance, shortly before the election, the New York FBI field office leaked to the New York Times the false story that the FBI saw no link between Russia (and its espionage) and Trump. This was dutifully reported by the New York Times and may have impacted the election insofar it helped quell some of the suspicion people had at the time. Then, the head of the FBI alerted the public of the Anthony Weiner email cache (which turned out to be nothing), in violation of their own policy, in order to preempt a leak that was coming from that office. That act by the FBI almost certainly threw the election to Trump, which is odd in your belief system that involves an FBI bound and determined to politically execute him. There's supposed to be an investigation of this, but it's been back-burned for years since Trump took office. Giuliani is known to have be involved, but it's not entirely clear how and not a single person has faced any consequences for this. This was the official reason Comey was fired, though everyone knows that he was really fired because of the Flynn investigation.

Are you out here demanding these people be purged? Because of your principled commitment to not leaking to the media? Nah. What you want is for federal law enforcement (and intelligence, and military, and civil service) to remove anyone who is not a loyal apparatchik for Trump because you believe that power only is legitimate in the hands of leaders you like. You're about as classic of an authoritarian personality as they come - hence your Nazi sympathies that you may or may not be pretending to have repented from - and just can't fathom how this will screw even you in the end.

User avatar
Icarus
First Presidency
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Icarus »

The declassification of Rice’s email further fueled Republicans’ claims that Obama administration officials improperly targeted Flynn during and after the 2016 campaign and influenced the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russians.

Rice’s spokeswoman pushed back on the GOP’s criticism, saying the email was evidence that no members of the administration interfered in the FBI’s probe.

“[T]he email makes clear that the Obama Administration did not change the way it briefed Michael Flynn – but rather that President Obama asked Director Comey ‘to inform him if anything changes in the next few weeks that should affect how we share classified information with the incoming team,’ ” the spokeswoman said.

“In fact, Ambassador Rice briefed Michael Flynn for over 12 hours, on four separate occasions and led the National Security Council in preparing and delivering to him over 100 separate briefing memos. Ambassador Rice did not alter the way she briefed Michael Flynn on Russia as a result of Director Comey’s response.”

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... e-released

User avatar
ajax18
God
Posts: 6385
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by ajax18 »

There was a 300% increase in unmaskings under the lame duck Obama administration. Why? The onion is being peeled back.

But ultimately what we are allowed to know all depends on who wins the election. Perhaps the Norse were onto something with fate because this isn't free will.

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20814
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I love how people take the time to form layered responses that ought to trigger a google search, and all ajaxoff does is rub out another non sequitur. Like. Whatever farts to the top of his thick skull is what gets posted.

- Doc

User avatar
Icarus
First Presidency
Posts: 815
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Icarus »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:00 pm
There was a 300% increase in unmaskings under the lame duck Obama administration. Why? The onion is being peeled back.

But ultimately what we are allowed to know all depends on who wins the election. Perhaps the Norse were onto something with fate because this isn't free will.
You still haven't responded to several questions in this thread that directly refute your idiotic claims. Just repeating them in another conspiratorial tone won't change the fact that you're dealing with nothing but innuendo, speculation and a violent shove from Right Wing propaganda to get you riled up.

If you didn't have your head so far up Brietbart's ass you'd know that the number of unmaskings increased under Trump. Where is the outrage? None. Why? Because this is normal. There is nothing unusual or sinister about unmasking.

NSA Reports 75% Increase in Unmasking U.S. Identities Under Foreign Surveillance Law in 2018

User avatar
honorentheos
God
Posts: 10523
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by honorentheos »

It's been reported that Flynn was never masked in the FBI's reports on their surveillance, which is an interesting blow to the argument put out by Senate Republicans the Obama admin was fishing for links to Trump seeking to have him unmasked so they could go after a Trump team member. If the idea unmasking is equal to leaking classified info to the press is lost, where does the Obamagate misdirection go next?

User avatar
Res Ipsa
God
Posts: 9867
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Re: Obamagate and Unmasking Flynn

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:34 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 pm
Isn’t it neat what you can do when you have the power to selectively declassify whatever you want. Every trial lawyer I know would give up a limb to be able to unilaterally decide which evidence the jury gets to hear.
Res Ipsa would you say you are more or less of a legal realist since becoming a lawyer. This isn't a knock on your profession but I found the BS element so thick in legal textbooks that my mind just rejected it and I could scarcely listen to it. It's impossible to predict or understand without knowing the politics. Election results determine right and wrong in so many ways. History is written by the victors.
Oh man, that’s a can of worms I’d be happy to discuss with you, but it would really distract from the thread. I’ll start a new one, and if you’d care to discuss my complicated and probably incoherent answer, let’s do it. It may very well wander into territory other folks are interested in.

Post Reply