Life Under Coronavirus

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Life Under Coronavirus

Post by Dr Exiled »

EAllusion wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 pm
I'm Ok. I ended up getting sicker, with some chest pain included, but recently got better. Unfortunately, it's hard to know if I had COVID-19 or not.
Great news that you "recently got better." Too bad there isn't a cheap test that could determine if you had it or not. Maybe this will prove workable: https://www.zmescience.com/science/mit- ... ine-15134/
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

EAllusion wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 pm
I'm Ok. I ended up getting sicker, with some chest pain included, but recently got better. Unfortunately, it's hard to know if I had COVID-19 or not.
Good to hear you are feeling better!
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Good to know you're better, EAllusion. That's awesome!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Our stay home order has been extended to May 4.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I told you that you weren't going to die EAllusion.
Our stay home order has been extended to May 4.
I don't know how I'm going to stand this even if I don't get sick. I never thought I'd say I miss going to work but I do.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

I never thought I'd say I miss going to work but I do.
why aren't you going to work?
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Navy Commander who was fired by a Trump appointee and berated by Trump himself, has tested positive for the virus today. 155 of his Sailors have also tested positive.

- Doc

subgenius
God

Post by subgenius »

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cool. I look forward to hearing about the Hitler Coronavirus Lockdowns.

subgenius
God

Post by subgenius »

Does anyone have a loose count for how many aid tents and health stations that antifa, blm, or Hillary Clinton have constructed in response to the covid19 pandemic? asking for a friend.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

He pivots, he shoots, and he said something! Illiterate for the win!

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

[quote=subgenius post_id=1221379 time=1586119371 user_id=14415]
Does anyone have a loose count for how many aid tents and health stations that antifa, blm, or Hillary Clinton have constructed in response to the covid19 pandemic? asking for a friend.
[/quote]

Isn't that what you have federal and state governments for?

Or have I got America wrong again?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

Bret Ripley
God

Post by Bret Ripley »

Chap wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:46 pm
subgenius wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:42 pm

No, no, I think you get us just fine. But when healthcare is big business, gub'mint is unfair competition.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:46 pm
subgenius wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:42 pm

You’ve got it right. Rather, subs has a tough time grasping basic concepts about the US that even foreigners know about.

MsJack
θεά

Post by MsJack »

Glad you're ok EAllusion!

So far everyone here seems uninfected.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hey, EAllusion. Ajax said you weren't going to die, and you didn't die! I mean, New York City has about 7,000 coronavirus deaths right now, but pssht. Ajax's got this.

I do wonder how many dead, sick, and infected there would've been if the US in particular hadn't 'flattened the curve'. There's no way of knowing, of course, but I have the sneaking suspicion when we start to come out of this the Conservatives on the board (and elsewhere) will be like, "See? It was a nothingburger, and y'all destroyed the economy for this Democrat hoax."

As far as Life Under the Coronavirus goes, I'd strongly recommend checking out Ozark if you haven't already. I just made it through Season 1 and holy ____ this is some Breaking Bad levels of intensity.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Icarus
First Presidency

Post by Icarus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:02 am
Hey, EAllusion. Ajax said you weren't going to die, and you didn't die! I mean, New York City has about coronavirus 7,000 deaths right now, but pssht. Ajax's got this.

I do wonder how many dead, sick, and infected there would've been if the US in particular hadn't 'flattened the curve'. There's no way of knowing, of course, but I have the sneaking suspicion when we start to come out of this the Conservatives on the board (and elsewhere) will be like, "See? It was a nothingburger, and y'all destroyed the economy for this Democrat hoax."

As far as Life Under the Coronavirus goes, I'd strongly recommend checking out Ozark if you haven't already. I just made it through Season 1 and holy ____ this is some Breaking Bad levels of intensity.

- Doc
Ozarks is great, they actually filmed it a few miles from where I live (not in the Ozarks). Jason Bateman bought the Bluecat Lounge and a friend of mine waited tables there for years.

As far as COVID goes, the Right is already doing this and they've been doing it for at least a week.

"Initial projection was 2 million, then 100,000, then 60,000" and this has evolved into one of two different arguments:

1. Trump must be doing awesome for the projections to keep going down
2. This proves the virus was a big nothing burger and we crashed the economy for nothing.

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I don't think Trump had any special effect on this and certainly the virus isn't a hoax. Trump wants to reopen the economy by May 1, but that might be wishful thinking. I know I want to go back to normal as soon as possible, but, if doing so will give our health care system a big dose of Italy and New York, it's not worth it. Hopefully a rational, apolitical, postmortem will be done after this is over so we can get to the bottom of it and see if the response was too little or too much. Perhaps shutting down the economy was an over-reaction? However, so much is still unknown about this virus that perhaps the reaction was not enough? Politics should stay out of this but that is probably too much to ask of both parties going into a presidential election.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Just finished the first episode of Ozark. It's definitely binge-watchable.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

[quote="Dr Exiled" post_id=1221520 time=1586715499 user_id=18909]
Just finished the first episode of Ozark. It's definitely binge-watchable.
[/quote]

Yeah, man. Keep going.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

I hope COVID-19 has passed over the chosen of this board while it was down.