LIVE Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys (2020) Full Documentary

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

LIVE Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys (2020) Full Documentary

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I am sure that while most of you have been daily wading through reports about COVID-19 and things political, that you have noticed rumblings about the promised documentary produced by Corey Feldman regarding his experiences with early sexual abuse and that of his friend Corey Haim, now deceased.

Corey Feldman claimed to have tried repeatedly to get his film to the public in which he intended to name names (particularly name the abusers of his friend Corey Haim based on his promise to him), only to be met with various stumbling blocks to the point where the public suspected that he was bullshitting the whole time and just trying to seek attention for profit from a multitude of interviews he's done.

He finally set up with a streaming service for his film and charged people via individual subscription to watch the one-time live stream of his film. Just as the stream began, the screen went black. See? Everyone was right about him. He was bullshitting the entire time.

Well, I just got done watching a copy of the film on youtube.

He wasn't bullshitting.

Corey Feldman has never really been on my radar as an actor. I've seen snippets of him over the years and that's about it. I really didn't know what to expect when I watched this film.

Lord Jesus. I got more than I ever expected.

Throughout the film, Corey and others, detail the journey of both Feldman and Haim. They describe the pockets of pedophiles, how they operated, how they managed to abuse hidden in plain sight. Whether or not the top tier echelons of the industry were aware of these people isn't clear. What's clear is that it was an open secret amongst the lower tier actors, managers, and agents.

He reaches back to the old film stars and calls into question their treatment in order to demonstrate the systemic ways that children have been viewed in Hollywood for as long as the film and entertainment industry has existed.

He details his own abuse, the behaviors and statements made by his friend Corey Haim, and he names names.

Charlie Sheen is in for a fast lane swift ride to hell.

I know something about early sexual abuse. How it's carried out, how abusers groom their victims and their families, how difficult it is for young victims to come forward, how it impacts them well into the future, how it derails the trajectory of their life course, and while the film rings true in terms of that pattern--it all fits, that's not why I'm posting about this film.

If you are interested in viewing this I'll put the link below. If you are only willing to give it say 30-45 minutes of your time, watch it half way through to the end where Corey Feldman presents his activism. That's what blew me away.

I had no idea what he's been doing in terms of helping to change the statutes of limitations for child victims of early sexual abuse. No idea. If you are or know someone who was sexually abused in childhood--you'll want to know about this. He's managed to help get the statute of limitations rolled back in two states to the point where victims now have decades after the fact to report the crimes perpetrated against them.

Decades.

If Corey Feldman was never really on my radar before, he is now. He's a damn good man. A smart man, an articulate, sincere and honest man who is making a huge difference in the lives of child victims.

And he keeps his promises.

https://youtu.be/iXWV1Z1fKks?t=677
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb