Meet PERFUME, MormonDiscussions.com's official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated G through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

"Perfume The Best Pᶟ"--Perfume's Greatest Hits--drops 09/18!

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dear fellow Perfumaniacs:

Perfume's greatest hits album--officially titled "Perfume | The Best Pᶟ"--drops two days from now!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2dUOuEl9Kv ... SJ9U88eGp0

Here is a nifty 30-second trailer they produced for it, wherein the girls take turns recreating the covers of each of their studio albums as audio samples play in the background. You'll see what I mean when you watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P2Xv8zDgSk

The reason it's dropping on 09-18-2019 is because it'll be the 15-year anniversary of when they went national. By way if trivia, it'll be two days prior to Nocchi's 31st birthday. She's the oldest of the trio, so it means that Perfume went national when all three members were only 15 years old!

The album will come in three versions: The basic version, which will be a 3 CD set, the deluxe version, which will contain the same 3 CDs but with bonus DVD footage, and the advanced super-deluxe version, which will contain everything the deluxe version does but with even more bonus goodies--what, I don't know, since I'm not all that good at reading Japanese.

This collection will contain a full 52 songs! 50 will be from their earlier albums, while two will be unique to this release.

What songs will be on the albums, you ask? Go to its official site at http://www.perfume-web.jp/cam/best-pcubed/, click on the triple-line menu link in the upper-left corner, then select "Contents." It'll give you the list of all three CDs, and each song that has an official video will have a YouTube link to said video. (Sorry, the javascript won't let me post a direct link to that particular spot.)

Music stores all over Japan are getting in on the act, with a great variety of posters, uh, posted everywhere and raffles taking place with prizes being given out on the big day. Some posters even went up internationally; there was a small hullabaloo about one depicting Kashiyuka being stolen from a London location.

So, look for "Perfume | The Best Pᶟ" on Amazon.com sometime soon!
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Re: "Perfume The Best Pᶟ"--Perfume's Greatest Hits--drops 09

Post by Dr. Shades »

"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

An early recipient of the super-duper-incredible-deluxe version posted the physical contents online, which you can see at:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/HO-eRU29AEKI ... hxeeBosoGg

Interestingly, the elusive, super-secret 52nd song, "Challenger," which appears on no other album, was actually one of, if not their very, first collaborations with their current producer. It never saw the light of day until now. The uploader put that song online as well, which you can click on and listen to at the very bottom of the page I linked above.

--Louis Midgley

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

I have no idea how this is legal, but the entire album is now up on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2ys3daPjlHkDZqN3MuKXec

Several tracks have been totally remastered. I'm not sure which ones, though, so I'm listening now to find out.

Enjoy!

--Louis Midgley

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Re: Meet PERFUME, MormonDiscussions.com's official Japanese

Post by Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Good news, everyone! To give us all a preview of the music on the album, a YouTube video has just been released that contains snippets of (almost) every song on it, culled from various of the songs' live performances, in order. It's less than 11 minutes long, so play it in the background while you're doing something else. See:

--Louis Midgley

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Image

Can I have this for my avatar???? Please???
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:Can I have this for my avatar???? Please???

Why, certainly.

--Louis Midgley

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:Can I have this for my avatar???? Please???

Why, certainly.

Will you fix it up for me???
Chinese Proverb

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

How's that?

--Louis Midgley

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:How's that?

Oh I puffy heart it! It's my new best thing! Thank you!

<3
Chinese Proverb

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:How's that?

<3

It's you!!!!!!!
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:I have no idea how this is legal, but the entire album is now up on Spotify:

Several tracks have been totally remastered. I'm not sure which ones, though, so I'm listening now to find out.

Enjoy!

I know what I'm listening to tomorrow!!!
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:

<3

It's you!!!!!!!

It is! It IS me! I also changed my "location" to go with it!

Chinese Proverb

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Awesome!!! Planet Perfume sounds like a nice place to be.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Reminds me of the old FAIR board with Juliann and Calmoriah secretly dreaming
that Tapirman will deliver them from the menace of Scratchman.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

I'm very glad you like it, Jersey Girl.

Res Ipsa wrote:Awesome!!! Planet Perfume sounds like a nice place to be.

Darn right! I've been doing my best to terraform Earth into it.

--Louis Midgley

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:I'm very glad you like it, Jersey Girl.

I love it!

Res Ipsa wrote:Awesome!!! Planet Perfume sounds like a nice place to be.

Darn right! I've been doing my best to terraform Earth into it.

Yes, but a J-girl got her own planet and named it. Because a planet needs a ruling goddess.

;-)
Chinese Proverb

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

--Louis Midgley

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dr. Shades wrote:I have no idea how this is legal, but the entire album is now up on Spotify:

If you don't have an account with Spotify, then I have some good news for you! The album--Perfume The Best Pᶟ"--is now up on YouTube Music, minus the first and last songs which are unique to this album, so anyone can click and listen, no account required. Here you go:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=jyTiZ ... kb4RPSAFT4

By way of trivia, the super deluxe version of the album contains a 600 page booklet!! Although many pages are blank, as some fans have noticed, complained about, and been confused by, it nevertheless contains loads and loads of heretofore-unpublished photos of the ladies.

--Louis Midgley