LDS Celebration of Easter

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_moksha
_Emeritus

LDS Celebration of Easter

Post by _moksha »

We LDS look forward to Monson Monday, Ruby Tuesday, Word of Wisdom Wednesday, Temple Thursday, Fry Sauce Friday, and Secret/Sacred Saturday. The General Relief Society Presidency have been toying with the idea creating a Stations of the Garden motif quilt but have been putting off asking the men till they look less grumpy.

How do the rest of you celebrate Easter?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_spotlight
_Emeritus

Re: LDS Celebration of Easter

Post by _spotlight »

Kolob’s set time is “one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest” (Abraham 3:4). I take this as a round number. - Gee
_Rickie
_Emeritus

Post by _Rickie »

I tend to eat a lot of chocolate and watch movies.
_2bizE
_Emeritus

Post by _2bizE »

We usually have a reenactment of Passover. Starting on Friday leading in to the Sabbath,which everyone knows is Saturday. We break out the left over Halloween Dracula blood and put blood on our foreheads and on the door frames of each room in the house. Someone leaves their door unpainted and the next day we reenact the various plagues. It gets a little creepy I admit. The kids love it more than searching for Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies.
~ 2BizE
_AmyJo
_Emeritus

Post by _AmyJo »

spotlight wrote:By eating one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDPi4bu ... nEDK4JtlIg

Ah, the good old days.

What is Easter without chocolate? :smile:

On a larger scale, I can't picture a heaven without it either.
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

I just watch to see if Jesus casts a shadow when he emerges from the tomb so I'll know if there will be six more weeks of winter.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Hagoth wrote:I just watch to see if Jesus casts a shadow when he emerges from the tomb so I'll know if there will be six more weeks of winter.

lol

A thought for Tuesday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QheJWiUAgSo