The Chosen: Part 2 - The Mormon Question

The anything-goes forum for insults, board drama, and interpersonal conflicts. No moderation. Rated R to NC-17.
canpakes
God

Re: The Chosen: Part 2 - The Mormon Question

Post by canpakes »

Cool, Doc. More fun reading here:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-cult- ... -community

... although I'm sure that you've already seen that one.

ETA: Looks like we were posting this link simultaneously. : )

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ha. It's definitely odd seeing what's his nuts swing between:

to:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Understanding the world as an amoral, chaotic system that is in a constant flux of competing entities all driven by an innate biological determinism is both redpilled and blackpilled.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Religious narratives and conspiracy theories are nearly indistinguishable. The only real difference, I think, is that religious narratives have been voted on and shaped by the community to the point that in any time or place of social stability, the narratives will probably find enough nuance to be tolerable. But the literary forms that make up the narratives, the stuff doing the work of the story, is the same stuff. A lot happens to a lot of people, for but a few simplistic reasons. If you're wondering, when considering two histories that begin, "The world as we know it sprang from three men: Shem, Ham, and Japeth" where the red flag is, it's the very notion that the world is really so simply explained. No real historian believes the world sprang from Shem, Ham, And Japeth. The moment you find one living in the modern world, you've found an ideologue who exists somewhere on the spectrum of harmlessly nuts to full-blown war criminal.

And so even if you offer a Star-Craft interpretation, that the three races differ in talents but equal in might, the problem is already on the table, and we must ask for the goodness of society to keep the forms under control. Whatever the configuration, three good, two good one bad, two bad one good, just a little fudging can make for horrifying doctrines that are potentially dangerous if backed by a large enough crowd. Memes play on the kinds of simplistic forms that people are already inclined to believe based on simplistic narratives; religious, nationalistic, even atheistic (humanist manifestos etc) aren't free and clear from potential danger, even if in general secular-based atheism might have better internal controls; I've never been inclined to organized atheism.

The fact that the author of this post felt an "authenticity and sincerity" in a modern history book that takes religious narratives at face value shows where things things started out on shaky ground. Or is that smokey ground?

Anyway, I advise the moderators to move this and any content Smokey posts in Terrestrial to Telestial. From the images posted in T yesterday, there should be now doubts about the one-track agenda here. If he has to write a fake post with an anti-Semite version of "X is a butthead" then that's what he's going to do. Try over and over to write something that meets the technicality of the present rule for him in order to connect to his greater body of work housed elsewhere. What he writes here is a placeholder, "when I write this harmless sentence, you really know that I'm talking about those 5 anti-Semitic memes I just posted an hour ago in the other forum."
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:Anyway, I advise the moderators to move this and any content Smokey posts in Terrestrial to Telestial. From the images posted in T yesterday, there should be now doubts about the one-track agenda here. If he has to write a fake post with an anti-Semite version of "X is a butthead" then that's what he's going to do. Try over and over to write something that meets the technicality of the present rule for him in order to connect to his greater body of work housed elsewhere. What he writes here is a placeholder, "when I write this harmless sentence, you really know that I'm talking about those 5 anti-Semitic memes I just posted an hour ago in the other forum."

Agreed. Smokey just wants to slip in anti-Semitic nonsense. His knowledge of history is laughably out of date and perverse, to boot. Whereas Mopologetics often has the function of frustrating actual knowledge, it does not have a genocidal agenda. We can deal with Mopologetics. Anti-Semitism is not only outside of our purview, it is also unconscionable to provide it a platform.
“God came to me in a dream last night and showed me the future. He took me to heaven and I saw Donald Trump seated at the right hand of our Lord.” ~ Pat Robertson
“He says he has eyes to see things that are not . . . and that the angel of the Lord . . . has put him in possession of great wealth, gold, silver, precious stones.” ~ Jesse Smith

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Canpakes:

Please put all your questions into one post instead of one each in multiple posts. Doing it the way you did it equates to spamming or perhaps even derailment.

If you disagree with any part of what Smokey wrote, please go the route of refutation, not sabotage.

Thank you.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:Canpakes:

Please put all your questions into one post instead of one each in multiple posts. Doing it the way you did it equates to spamming or perhaps even derailment.

If you disagree with any part of what Smokey wrote, please go the route of refutation, not sabotage.

Thank you.

Weapons of sabotage are now sheathed.

#DeseretDagger #Apostake

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

Once again, we see that linking this ____ to Mormonism is just a subterfuge... but this also is in the TELESTIAL... BUT OUTER DARKNESS WOULD BE BETTER.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

Wow. Part 1 of this thread was so controversial it was literally shut down because some anti-Mormons found it offensive to their beliefs. Imagine that.

It wasn't shut down MORON... but any LIE will do in a pinch, eh?

A black man who lives righteously and more like Jesus is more of a son of God than any white man who doesn’t.

I'm so happy that SMOKEY said this: that BLACKS AND WHITES CAN INTERMARRY AND HAVE ALL THE KIDS THEY CHOOSE, AND GOD WILL SUPPORT IT AND LOVE IT AND SMOKEY WILL TOO!

INTERMARRY WITH ANY RACE OF PEOPLE AND HAVE LOTS OF INTER-RACIAL CHILDREN!

THAT IS A COMMAND OF GOD! RACE DOESN'T MATTER! SMOKEY SAID SO! This is great!

Go for it, SMOKEY! Black is BEAUTIFUL!

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

grindael wrote:BUT OUTER DARKNESS WOULD BE BETTER.

The Outer Darkness forum is only for obvious spam and hostile derailments. He's not shilling for a product, so this thread doesn't count as spam. This is a thread that he himself started, so he's obviously not disrupting another's thread already in progress.

Plus, when something goes to the Outer Darkness forum, replies aren't allowed. By remaining here in the Telestial Forum, his free speech is not curtailed, and your freedom to refute him is also not curtailed.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

Dr. Shades wrote:

The Outer Darkness forum is only for obvious spam and hostile derailments. He's not shilling for a product, so this thread doesn't count as spam. This is a thread that he himself started, so he's obviously not disrupting another's thread already in progress.

Plus, when something goes to the Outer Darkness forum, replies aren't allowed. By remaining here in the Telestial Forum, his free speech is not curtailed, and your freedom to refute him is also not curtailed.

I appreciate that, except what he's trying to sell here needs to be in outer darkness. (Just a personal opinion) But it is what it is and I thank you again for being fair and balanced and making the hard choices that give you nothing but headaches. (And I'm a big one sometimes, I know).

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:If you want to see some weird cult behavior check out:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JPBellum/sta ... 9995253760

Also, read this article:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-cult- ... -community

Tip o’ the cap to RI for sleuthing the DezNat cult movement out.

- Doc

I can’t claim credit for that one. Someone else found Deznat.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Dr. Shades wrote:

The Outer Darkness forum is only for obvious spam and hostile derailments. He's not shilling for a product, so this thread doesn't count as spam....

Edited to note that I have been informed that when canpakes “spammed”, it was in Terrestrial. Sorry, Shades, my mistake.

Dr. Shades wrote:Canpakes:

What product was canpakes shilling for?

The rest of my post point stands:

...while politely asking Smokey if he really means it when he posts anti-Semitic trash in the the forum all our visitors see. Then when he says, “oh my gosh and golly, NO!” you believe him and depart. Did you see the references to bluing Jewish names and the memes referencing bluing Jewish faces he posted after that? That stuff is banned on reddit....
Last edited by Lemmie on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Master_DC wrote:Smokey, are these your actual images you are posting? Or just from shared images from magaimg.net? I just want to understand if this is YOUR story or simply your are spreading the word.

I’ve asked Smokey this question a couple of times. He won’t reveal the sources of the images he posts.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Tip o’ the cap to RI for sleuthing the DezNat cult movement out.

- Doc

I can’t claim credit for that one. Someone else found Deznat.

Who dat? I want to say thank you to them.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Understanding the world as an amoral, chaotic system that is in a constant flux of competing entities all driven by an innate biological determinism is both redpilled and blackpilled.

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

LOL, Doc. I thought it was you!

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lemmie, just to pass along a couple of things I learned: When canpakes posted the string of posts, the thread was in Terrestrial. Smokey had started the thread, but there was just a placeholder entry in the first spot. Just guessing that Shades’ comments to canpakes were in the context of a Terrestrial thread. I missed it, but it sounds like Smokey them edited the OP to add substance and the thread was moved to Telestial. The impact of both actions makes it appear that Shades is micro-editing in Telestial, but I highly doubt that’s the case.

Also, what Shades said to canpakes is more fairly characterized as a polite request, which he makes of folks here from time to time. Moderator warnings are in red and are much more direct.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

And how did you “learn” this, if you don’t mind my asking?

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hey eye witness over here: The last post on the thread as of about 2 a.m.-ish last night/this morning was that by Meadow. I was awake and watched cp's posts go up in Terrestrial and last, Meadow's.

Look at the time stamps.

Shades didn't issue his comment to cp until 10:12 a.m. That's probably right after he relocated the thread to Telestial.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

cwald
God

Post by cwald »

Res Ipsa wrote:Lemmie, just to pass along a couple of things I learned: When canpakes posted the string of posts, the thread was in Terrestrial.

That is correct.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:Lemmie, just to pass along a couple of things I learned: When canpakes posted the string of posts, the thread was in Terrestrial. Smokey had started the thread, but there was just a placeholder entry in the first spot. Just guessing that Shades’ comments to canpakes were in the context of a Terrestrial thread. I missed it, but it sounds like Smokey then edited the OP to add substance and the thread was moved to Telestial.

This is correct.

Once Smokey added the opening post without content, I saw a ‘forum legal’ opportunity to hit it with a number of light-hearted posts that were technically connected to his thread title, but also with the intent to put a speed bump into the inevitable flow of neo-Nazi crap that would follow. This is arguably not the best conduct in Terrestrial, so I’m ‘guilty as charged’ ... ; )

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

cwald wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:Lemmie, just to pass along a couple of things I learned: When canpakes posted the string of posts, the thread was in Terrestrial.

That is correct.

Got it. I edited the post. Spamming by canpakes in Terrestrial is defined as posting questions in back to back multiple posts. Spamming by Smokey is defined as shilling for a product, which he never does. Go figure.