The Chosen (Part 1)

The anything-goes forum for insults, board drama, and interpersonal conflicts. No moderation. Rated R to NC-17.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: The Chosen (Part 1)

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Moore wrote:
Smokey wrote:Mormon 5:14 certainly does not confuse the tribe of Judah with the tribe of Israel.

Luckily you have someone brave enough to withstand the abuse, threats, and attempts to censor, that is willing to explain these concepts to you. Stay tuned.

Mormon 5:14 does indeed equate the terms “Jews” and the “house of Israel”. Your OP therefore calls the Book of Mormon in error.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 5?lang=eng

And why? What is the point? What are you hoping to accomplish in making whatever point it is you are so desperately making?

Oh, he has a "point." He just doesn't want to reveal where he is going. Where is he trying to go looks something like this:

1. Jews aren’t descended from Adam, and so aren’t human like us.
2. Jews are liars who have tricked us into believing they are descended from Gods’s Chosen People.
3. White people from Northern Europe are descended from Gods chosen people.
4. Jews have amassed vast amounts of control over the earth through the power of Satan.
5. Jews are an existential threat, and so it is reasonable to hate them.
6. This is what Mormonism also teaches.

And his tactics are pretty interesting: spam holocaust denier nonsense for pages and pages in spirit paradise hoping that through sheer numbers of false and misleading claims, he can suck someone into thinking "maybe there's something up with the jews." Then he starts a new thread in a new section, where he pretends to be a kindly teacher who will teach us some things that we really need to know. He hopes that someone who bites on his first ploy will accept his "Biblically-based" rationale for hating jews. This is his 'red-pilling" tactic. It's standard Neo-Nazi/Christian Identity tactics. Oh, with memes. Otherwise, there is nothing new here.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:The Book of Mormon makes plenty of references regarding Jews in general, so the question of whether that particular tribe is the "chosen people" by virtue of being of the House of Israel alone vs. the tribe of Ephraim being the "chosen people" by virtue of having Joseph's birthright is indeed of interest to Mormonism in general, because it carries implications regarding the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon itself.

The opening post seems to focus pretty closely on that, so this thread has relevance to Mormonism and thus can stay.

I totally agree with Shades on this one. Good call.

Oh, Smokey-baby, get up on the table and do a little dance for us. Dance, Smokey-baby and show us what you got cause we all know Jews can really dance. I've seen it on Fiddler on the Roof!

Smokey-baby! Let it rip, girl. You the chosen one! Of the tribe, girl.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Smokey wrote:If you could only post one single sentence that I’ve allegedly plagiarized or taken from elsewhere this wouldn’t look like such blatant well-poisoning. That’s ok. Learning new things can be uncomfortable. Let’s proceed.

The observant reader will notice a small character shows up in most of your spam posts that is the L SEP character, similar to the ones in this image.

They show up in text that is being copied from a website to another website due to font issues. They definitely don't show up when a person just types here natively. They are translated to the correct line break character if someone copies your text as well. So. Draw what conclusions one will from that.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Since board spamming is kosher, as long as there is a pretense behind it, here's a post that is lousy with L SEP characters so it doesn't disappear.

Smokey wrote:It all begins with Adam.

Now modern Christianity teaches that Adam was the first man and that all mankind is related to him, and that we are all born from serious incest. However, with modern DNA science, we know this is impossible. Two blonde, blue-eyed Caucasian people cannot produce a pure African child. Pure Africans cannot produce a pure Asian child, etc.

In our world, we have two types of genes. Recessive and dominant. In the Bible, we actually have two creation stories and two starting points for mankind. The Bible doesn’t teach the popular fedora straw man: The Earth is 6,000 years old.

You’ll notice the Jews say this according to their Calendar, as well as Freemasons. The Jews have their own year system and Freemasons use a similar year system. It’s usually marked A.L on their Freemason certificates.

Now I find that as a general rule, it is better to do the exact opposite of what these two groups tell you. They are known particularly for lying, and all took oaths to keep secrets among themselves. But I digress.

The Bible simply says that a man named Adam came into the world 6,000 years ago and broke the first law given to mankind.

And what do we find?

Exactly 6,000 years ago in the place where the Bible places Adam, we have knowledge coming into the world when mankind transcended the age of pottery and hunt/gathering, known as the Ubaid Period, and entered the Uruk period. The Uruk period marks the beginning of agriculture, metal crafting, religion, science, and the idea of life after death.

In order to understand any of this we have to ask ourselves just what is the Bible?

Smokey wrote:In order to understand any of this we have to ask ourselves: What is the Bible?

The Bible is the most unique history book that we have on Earth.

Before the Book of Mormon, there has not been a book in all of recorded history that has been preserved like the Bible has. The Bible was written by many people through human history and passed down to us through different languages:
Hebrew
Greek
Aramaic
Latin
German
English
While empires rose and fell, the Bible still remains. Jesus said:
Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

The Bible is a book that gives us a story of creation and takes us through all the ancient ages of mankind, as well as the most important empires that formed our world today:
Babylon
Persia
Greece
Rome

People often say: The Bible is just a myth! It is not to be taken seriously!

To be completely fair, there are some parts that you will have to decide for yourself if they literally happened or not, like was there a talking snake? Did Jesus walk on water? But what can’t be denied is the:

History
Empires
Geography
Wisdom

that is found in the Bible. 

The books of the Bible can be divided into two groups:

Old Testament (Old Covenant)
New Testament (New Covenant)

The Torah, or the Pentateuch, represents the first five books of the Bible:

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus 
Numbers
Deuteronomy

also known as the 5 Books of Moses.

Moses was a: 

Semite
Hebrew
Israelite
Levite

but he was never a Jew.

Moses existed somewhere around 1500 BC, almost 3500 years ago. Moses gives us the story of Creation given to him by God. It takes us through Mesopotamia to the Fall of Egypt. At this point we move into the Nevi’im or the prophets. The judges and the prophets will take us through Israel to Assyria, to Babylon, Persia, Greece, and give us a detailed prediction of the Roman empire.

The most powerful book about prophecy and history from the Bible is probably the book of Daniel, which isn’t part of the Nevi’im. It’s part of a third group called the Ketuvim, which is mainly made up of poetic books but also includes some historical books as well. Together, these 3 groups form the Tanakh:

Torah (Teachings)
Nevi’im (Prophets)
Ketuvim (Writings)

which we know as the Old Testament. We then have the Apocrypha:

First Esdras
Second Esdras
Tobit
Judith 
Wisdom of Solomon
Baruch
Letter to Jeremiah
First Maccabees
Second Maccabees
Ecclesiasticus

which has been removed from most Bibles, but we will cover that.

The Tanakh warns us about the coming of the Roman Empire:

Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

and that a New Covenant will come to replace the old one:

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah

The Tanakh warns us that God will send a messenger ahead of Him, warning us that a new covenant is here:

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

This messenger would be known as John the Baptist. The Tanakh warns us that a virgin would give birth to a Messiah in a city called Bethlehem:

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

It warns us that a child would be born, and the government would be on his shoulders:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace

The Tanakh also warns us that the Messiah would be killed for the sake of others and after his death the temple in Jerusalem would be destroyed:

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:Since board spamming is kosher, ...

I see what you did there. : )

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Great. Let’s finally continue.

I’m also going to be adding my posts to the OP just in case the SPAMMERS come back.

When we go to the first verse of Genesis, we read about how God created time, space and matter. The word “beginning” is a reference to time. “Heaven” is a reference to space and “Earth” is a reference to matter. It says God created light, which is a reference to energy. Later in the Bible we read that God formed the world with sound and vibration (Hebrews 11:3, John 1: 1-3) through his word.

GENESIS 1: 1-3:
In the beginning - TIME - God created the heaven - SPACE - and the Earth - MATTER. And the Earth was without form, and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said -SOUND -, Let there be light - ENERGY - ; and there was light.

It’s pretty amazing if you think about it. The Universe is made up of TIME - SPACE - MATTER - ENERGY.

When we look at the word UNIVERSE in Latin, it get’s interesting. It means: first spoken sentence.

You’ll notice that this is all told to us in story form. This is how Jesus teaches us: through stories and parables.

We all understand that we live in a world where we can’t create something out of nothing. The Laws of Conservation of Energy exist and energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. Matter and energy cannot be created from nothing.

The science involved with creating something from nothing is not really a science that our brains can comprehend. We can only manipulate matter that has already been created.

No scientist will ever be able to explain to you the complexity of creating a grain of sand from nothing, and how NOTHING has never existed. We live in a world of SOMETHING, and all scientists will tell you “Omne vivum ex vivo, Omnis cellula e cellula.”

Genesis 1: 4-5
“And God saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from darkness. And God called the light Day, and the Darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first DAY.”

Now it’s important to note that the word DAY comes from the Hebrew word YOM. The problem here is nobody knows what the word YOM actually means here. YOM has several definitions.
It could mean 24 hours, it could mean a season. It could also mean an unknowable amount of time. You have to ask yourself, how did the scholars and translators know to use the word “DAY” and how do we know that YOM in Genesis 1: 4-5 means 24 hours?

Wikipedia:
Biblical Hebrew has a limited vocabulary, with fewer words compared to other languages, such as English (which has the largest).[2][a] This means words often have multiple meanings determined by context.[10] Strong's Lexicon yom is Hebrew #3117 יוֹם [11] The word Yom's root meaning is to be hot as the warm hours of a day.
Thus "yom", in its context, is sometimes translated as: "time" (Gen 4:3, Is. 30:8); "year" (I Kings 1:1, 2 Chronicles 21:19, Amos 4:4); "age" (Gen 18:11, 24:1 and 47:28; Joshua 23:1 and 23:2); "always" (Deuteronomy 5:29, 6:24 and 14:23, and in 2 Chronicles 18:7); "season" (Genesis 40:4, Joshua 24:7, 2 Chronicles 15:3); epoch or 24-hour day (Genesis 1:5,8,13,19,23,31) – see "Creationism", below.
Yom relates to the concept of time. Yom is not just for day, days, but for time in general. How yom is translated depends on the context of its use with other words in the sentence around it, using hermeneutics.[12]
The word day is used somewhat the same way in the English language, examples: "In my grandfather's day, cars did not go very fast" or "In the day of the dinosaurs there were not many mammals."
The word Yom is used in the name of various Jewish feast days; as, Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement; Yom teruah (lit., day of shouting) the Feast of Trumpets.[13]
Yom is also used in each of the days of the week in the Hebrew calendar.

The truth is, there isn’t a man alive, besides maybe the Prophet, that could know what is meant by the word YOM in the first pages of the Bible. We have to rely on other sources to answer this question: Does the word “Day” make sense? Or does “Period of Time” make more sense.

We calculate our 24 hour days by using the sun and the moon, which weren’t even created until the fourth YOM.

Genesis 1:14:

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years

YOMS were already being calculated before the 24 hour sun and moon system was created. We also have writings from the Scriptures warning us that God and mankind experience time differently.

2nd Peter 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Psalms 90:4

For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Now it is true that at the YOMS of creation verses end with the phrase “And the evening and the morning were the first day.”

When we consider that:

- YOM has multiple definitions
- The 24 hour sun and moon system made for mankind wasn’t created until the 4th YOM
- The Bible doesn’t want us to be ignorant of the fact that God and mankind experience time differently

It leads us to one of the most controversial debates about the Scriptures.
Dr Shades is Jason Gallentine

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

oh good ____. it's the neo-Nazi twin of Little Nipper.

What is the Bible? The Bible is a special book. It tells us God created the sun. It tells us that Jews are bad and that Moses wasn't one. In the Bible is the word Yam. A yam is different than a sweet potato in some important ways. I realize that this might be new material for you. I will try to answer questions. I think I made it to sixth grade.

Honor,

One of the websites he's plagiarizing from says this, "3.In the Bible, Jewish people are also called “Israelites” and “Hebrews.”

LOL! What a loser!
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Smokey wrote:The truth is, there isn’t a man alive, besides maybe the Prophet, that could know what is meant by the word YOM in the first pages of the Bible.

Seems that your post here, and all future ones, could be a whole lot shorter, then. ; )

Pssst ... there is no 'prophet'. Guess that really shortens your list, now.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Gadianton wrote:oh good ____. it's the neo-Nazi twin of Little Nipper.

That. IS. AWESOME! What a perfect description of Smokey.

What is the Bible? The Bible is a special book. It tells us God created the sun. It tells us that Jews are bad and that Moses wasn't one. In the Bible is the word Yam. A yam is different than a sweet potato in some important ways. I realize that this might be new material for you. I will try to answer questions. I think I made it to sixth grade.

Honor,

One of the websites he's plagiarizing from says this, "3.In the Bible, Jewish people are also called “Israelites” and “Hebrews.”

LOL! What a loser!

Ha!

Ah, this board sometimes. But thanks for highlighting the humor in it, Gad.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

canpakes wrote:
honorentheos wrote:Since board spamming is kosher, ...

I see what you did there. : )

Who, me? I was just posting on topic posts about on topic topics, topically. To pic.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

They hated Jesus too, for just telling them the truth. Let’s continue.

“Evening and Morning” imply that we calculate our days using darkness and light as our markers. This doesn’t mean that the periods of time are the same for mankind as they are for God. So this could mean a literal 24 hour day or it can mean an unknowable amount of time.

Without direction from the Prophets, this is something we have to decide as individuals what makes more sense.

This is an extremely controversial debate among Christians.

As we go through the 6 YOMS of Creation, we learn that God created mankind, both male and female.

Genesis 1:27-28

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, ’Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the Earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the Earth.

He then gave them a Hunter Gatherer diet, or a Paleolithic diet, telling them to eat berries, herbs, and meat — JUST LIKE PREHISTORIC CAVEMEN.

Genesis 1: 29-31

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the Earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

And to every beast of the Earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the Earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth YOM.

He commanded them to have children, and multiply, which marked the end of the Sixth YOM, or period of time. After God had commanded the men and women to do all this, God rested from creating and this marks the seventh YOM.

Genesis 2: 2-3

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Now, Adam is created in Chapter 2 and because the word ADAM and the word MAN are the same word in Hebrew, the translators can translate the story in different ways.

Genesis 2:20

“And ADAM gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for ADAM there was not found an help meet for him.”

Strong:

àÈãÈí ʼÂdâm, aw-dawm'; the same as H120; Adam the name of the first man, also of a place in Palestine:—Adam.

And because the word EARTH is from the Hebrew ERETS we have no idea what the Bible is talking about when it says EARTH. It could mean land, country, earth, field, ground, region, nation, wilderness, world.

Strong:

“common, country, earth, field, ground, land, nations, way,
From an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land) -- X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X natins, way, + wilderness, world.”

As we learned in Genesis 1, God had already created men and women, gave them a specific diet, told them to have children, and to subdue the Earth.

Two YOMS later, an unknowable amount of time later, we have God forming Adam and placing him in a Garden where he learned farming, animal husbandry, how to name things, etc. He walked with God, learning directly from him.

Genesis 2:7

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

19-20

“And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every foul of the air, and brought them unto Adam to see what we would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

He was given the First Law and the First dietary restriction:

Genesis 2:17

But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eateth thereof thou shalt surely die.”

not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The men and women created in Genesis 1 were never given this law or restriction.

We all know that Adam was given a woman whom God created from his own DNA (Geneses 2:22 -23). After they ate from the tree and broke the First Law, they were banished from the Garden (Genesis 3:22-23) and the presence of God. They were no longer perfect and their eyes had been opened to the knowledge of good and evil.

It is interesting that the story ends with swords of fire, suggesting that Adam and Eve must have had some kind of understanding of fire. (Genesis 3:24)

Now, when we look to genetic science, we find something very interesting and unique when it comes to the blue eyed gene.

All blue eyed people, and people that carry the blue eye recessive gene, are related to a single European person, who came into existence between 6,000 - 10,000 years ago.

We also see the spike of knowledge and development in the region known as the cradle of civilization, exactly where the Bible places Adam and Eve.

So while this seems like it might be written for sixth graders, or a story riddled with allegory, there are some obvious truths in the Bible that match with our secular history.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Smokey wrote:Now, when we look to genetic science, we find something very interesting and unique when it comes to the blue eyed gene.

All blue eyed people, and people that carry the blue eye recessive gene, are related to a single European person, who came into existence between 6,000 - 10,000 years ago.

We also see the spike of knowledge and development in the region known as the cradle of civilization, exactly where the Bible places Adam and Eve.

So while this seems like it might be written for sixth graders, or a story riddled with allegory, there are some obvious truths in the Bible that match with our secular history.

And, here you go, Res.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I admit I never realized Aryans used the J and E authored creation stories in Genesis (that show different authorship for the various versions of the stories it contains) as evidence that God created human kind separately from Adam rather than recognizing it for what it actual is: Two different forms of the same myth put into the Torah because the priests doing the compiling weren't willing to edit the word of God and decide which was correct so they put them both in. Similar to many other stories in Genesis and the Exodus such as the Sea of Reeds/Red Sea crossing parallel stories of the escaping Hebrews from the Egyptians.

Interesting that the fundamental concatenated structure of the Torah was co-opted into such racist beliefs just because it was compiled by multiple different authors rather than being the traditional writings of Moses as the myth would have one believe.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Smokey wrote:He then gave them a Hunter Gatherer diet, or a Paleolithic diet, telling them to eat berries, herbs, and meat — JUST LIKE PREHISTORIC CAVEMEN.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Poor Smokey. Doesn't know about the Documentary Hypothesis and, to be consistent, must believe the Hebrews crossed two different seas to escape the Egyptians. Now, how does one put a racist spin on the fact in one story the Egyptians drown while in the other they just get stuck, give up and go home? Hmmm...guess we'll find out in tomorrow's edition of "Little Nipper does JOOOH8"! SmO kay!
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Smokey wrote:Now, when we look to genetic science, we find something very interesting and unique when it comes to the blue eyed gene.

And, here you go, Res.

If you’ve ever read up on Christian Identity, it was pretty easy to see it coming.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Something I want to point out about the story of Adam and Eve:

The woman never deceived the man. This isn’t a story about a man blaming a woman, or a woman deceiving a man. We learn from the Apostle Paul that Eve was deceived and that Adam willingly sacrificed his life and chose to walk with her until death because of his unconditional love for her. (1st Timothy 2: 14-15)

This is a love story about a man who loved a woman more than his own life. God promised that through them a child would be born and would redeem all of mankind. (1st Corinthians 15:22)

Eve became known as the mother of all the living (Genesis 3:20) because all would be made alive through her.

God’s standard for how men are supposed to treat their wives (take note anti-Mormons!) is revealed in this story. Paul later says:

Ephesians 5:25-28

Husbands, love your wives, even as much as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it… so ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that liveth his wife liveth himself.

As we follow the story of Adam and Eve to their first children, Cain and Abel, we find something interesting.

Cain was a farmer, and Abel was a shepherd.

“And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord. And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.”

We all know how the story goes. Cain murders his brother out of jealousy and has to flee from his parents.

Note that the Bible says Adam and Eve had only two sons.

After Cain killed his brother, you’ll notice that as he is running away, he was terrified that other people would hunt him down and kill him.

Genesis 4:14:

“Behold, thou has driven me out this day from the face of the Earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the Earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

The question is, where did these other people come from? Who are these other people Cain is worried about killing him?

These are the Hunter/Gatherer caveman people created in Genesis chapter 1. The people that were given a separate diet and whom God left for an unknowable amount of time to populate the Earth.

God promises Cain that he will be protected (Genesis 4:15) and that something would mark him, and that people wouldn’t kill him.

For years I listened to fedora wearing atheists, anti-Mormons, and Bible critics ask:

If Adam and Eve only had two sons, where did Cain find his wife and how was he able to build a city?

These aren’t bad questions when asked in good faith. But all we needed to do is establish some context, understand that there were separate creation events, and now the story makes sense and we understand where Cain found his wife and how he was able to build a city.

Genesis 4:17:

“And [b]Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Last edited by Smokey on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

honorentheos wrote:I admit I never realized Aryans used the J and E authored creation stories in Genesis (that show different authorship for the various versions of the stories it contains) as evidence that God created human kind separately from Adam rather than recognizing it for what it actual is: Two different forms of the same myth put into the Torah because the priests doing the compiling weren't willing to edit the word of God and decide which was correct so they put them both in. Similar to many other stories in Genesis and the Exodus such as the Sea of Reeds/Red Sea crossing parallel stories of the escaping Hebrews from the Egyptians.

Interesting that the fundamental concatenated structure of the Torah was co-opted into such racist beliefs just because it was compiled by multiple different authors rather than being the traditional writings of Moses as the myth would have one believe.

Interesting how he ignores the neighbors myths from Babylon and Mesopotamia isn't it........ I wonder if he will continue doing so, cause he has a lot more stories coming up that aren't original to the Bible, but have been discovered in the neighborhoods... :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Honor, that was a good catch on the artifacts. it's interesting as he's calling everyone "boomer" as if they're out of touch with Internet technology. I don't think he knows that much, actually, aside from some lingo he picked up from one of the chans. What a person usually does in such situations is copy the text from the source, then paste into notepad to lose the formatting, and then from there paste into the destination. Dropping terminology like "Duck Duck Go" is also overreaching to present himself as a hacker. Is he watching Mr. Robot or something?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Imagine spending all this time trying to convince yourself and others that it’s okay to hate Jews.