The Chosen (Part 1)

The anything-goes forum for insults, board drama, and interpersonal conflicts. No moderation. Rated R to NC-17.
Fence Sitter
God

Re: The Chosen (Part 1)

Post by Fence Sitter »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Smokey
How can a country like the United States, that was founded on the Bible and Christianity,

This is propaganda. It is entirely 100% false all the way down. Studying the Founding Fathers demonstrates this fundamentally. Thomas Jefferson did not, in any likely manner like Christianity nor the Bible, without removing all the miracles first, hence the famous Jefferson Bible. Most of the Founding Fathers were Deists, not Christians. Very precious few liked the Bible as a religious book.

It is always amusing to see sweeping statements referring to the Bible and Christianity as if it is some sort of monolith on which an argument can be built when in reality, as it is today, at the founding (whatever that even means) of the United States there was a wide variety and combinations of "Christian", theistic, and occult practices and beliefs.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."

DrW
God

Post by DrW »

Lemmie wrote:So that’s four sentences, well beyond your “one single sentence” of plagiarism requested.

You plagiarize, no question. Shall I continue?

Looks as though Smokey should have familiarized himself with Lemmie's infallible proprietary, BS and plagiarism detector combo machine, standing at the ready on this board, before trying to trot out someone else's alt-right nonsense as his own.
Last edited by DrW on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Hume: "---Mistakes in philosophy are merely ridiculous, those in religion are dangerous."

DrW: "Mistakes in science are learning opportunities and are eventually corrected."

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Smokey
How can a country like the United States, that was founded on the Bible and Christianity,

This is propaganda. It is entirely 100% false all the way down. Studying the Founding Fathers demonstrates this fundamentally. Thomas Jefferson did not, in any likely manner like Christianity nor the Bible, without removing all the miracles first, hence the famous Jefferson Bible. Most of the Founding Fathers were Deists, not Christians. Very precious few liked the Bible as a religious book.

You're forgetting that them joos did it.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Maksutov
God

Post by Maksutov »

Come on, Shades. Move this to the basement, it isn't a Mormon related OP.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Maksutov wrote:Come on, Shades. Move this to the basement, it isn't a Mormon related OP.

Indeed. It is vile bilge.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist

SteelHead
God

Post by SteelHead »

If we all ignore the racist, then he has no audience.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Maybe Lemmie catching his plagiarism did the trick?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Exiled wrote:Maybe Lemmie catching his plagiarism did the trick?

It looks like it. I think he fully intended to explain claim that through the house of Ephraim, Mormons are really Aryans. (there, saved him 5 more repetitive posts). But after getting caught, I doubt he'll return to this board at all under his present moniker.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

That’s okay. If he wants to play games with etymology, let’s talk about “Aryan.”
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

grindael
Dragon

Post by grindael »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Smokey

Thank God.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Gadianton wrote:
Exiled wrote:Maybe Lemmie catching his plagiarism did the trick?

It looks like it. I think he fully intended to explain claim that through the house of Ephraim, Mormons are really Aryans. (there, saved him 5 more repetitive posts). But after getting caught, I doubt he'll return to this board at all under his present moniker.

:rolleyes: one would hope, but the plagiarizer has returned to another thread where he is accusing res ipsa:
Smokey wrote:I think there is certainly a pattern of you arguing in bad faith.

Smo posting other people’s work as his own is the only pattern of bad faith in these threads.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Another thread wherein I was reposting information that I had written about the Holopologists has really no bearing on this discussion of the “chosen people” and hardly supports your false accusation of plagiarism here.

Glad you’re doing research though. I want you to read that information. That’s why I took the time to write it.

I know that anti-Mormons only want to have criticism of Mormonism here, but let’s stay on topic and continue with the so-called Chosen People.
Dr Shades is Jason Gallentine

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Smokey wrote:Another thread wherein I was reposting information that I had written about the Holopologists has really no bearing on this discussion of the “chosen people” and hardly supports your false accusation of plagiarism here.

Glad you’re doing research though. I want you to read that information. That’s why I took the time to write it.

I know that anti-Mormons only want to have criticism of Mormonism here, but let’s stay on topic and continue with the so-called Chosen People.

If you want to be an off-topic Nazi, go do it somewhere else, you vile piece of ____.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

I swear to God, if Shades doesn’t bounce this ____ to Outer Darkness, I say we leave this board. I have no time for people who wallow in the sewage of Nazism and the alt-right. These aren’t ideas; they are mental cancer, conspiracy theories of the most virulent type. There is free speech and the there is providing safe harbor for evil. Send this ____ to the basement.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

If you want to be an off-topic Nazi, go do it somewhere else, you vile piece of ____.

We are on topic. Why are you so angry?

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:I swear to God, if Shades doesn’t bounce this ____ to Outer Darkness, I say we leave this board. I have no time for people who wallow in the sewage of Nazism and the alt-right. These aren’t ideas; they are mental cancer, conspiracy theories of the most virulent type. There is free speech and the there is providing safe harbor for evil. Send this ____ to the basement.

The ____ has been piling up in Paradise. An appeal has already been made in this post by Gad:

mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=1206458#p1206458

Shades's ruling sits right below the above linked to post.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

First of all, I’m not a Nazi nor have I ever been to Germany. I do not identify myself with the alt-right or any of your other weasel word labels. You use these words in bad faith.

It’s tolerated, if not encouraged, to say the most vile things about the Latter-Day Saints, accusing them - with no evidence - of murdering innocent people, rejoicing in the Missouri Extermination Order, calling their leaders sexual predators and worse, however simply stating as a matter of fact that the tribe of Judah is not the “Chosen People” in the Bible is met with calls for censorship. I wonder why?

I hope you leave this board and spew your anti-Mormon pilpul elsewhere. Now let’s get back to the discussion. What is the Bible??

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

I can certainly understand the Rev's concerns here, and even if Lunartic somehow connects this to Mormonism and technically justifies it as potentially part of this forum, it's in such a tenuous way that it's merely as a technicality to get a greater audience to his hate rants.

I can understand why some will respond to him, and why some don't want to be in the same room.

Knowing Shades, he'll drag his feet on moving this thread -- although I've reported his personal attacks which should be split off from this thread at the very least.

I think the thread should be moved, even if somehow it gets connected to Mormonism.

I hope that we aren't quite to the point of leaving the board over this, but given the Rev's concern, this will be my last post on any smoky-participating thread in the Terrestrial forum.

Perhaps others could consider abandoning this thread as the place to confront Smokey and keep it in SP.

smokey wrote:however simply stating as a matter of fact that the tribe of Judah is not the “Chosen People” in the Bible is met with calls for censorship. I wonder why?

Since Smokey has formally clarified the intent of this thread as having nothing to do with Mormonism, it should be moved on these grounds without any hesitation by the mods.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

Smokey
Bishop

Post by Smokey »

Gadianton wrote:
I think the thread should be moved, even if somehow it gets connected to Mormonism.

Of course you do.

I hope that we aren't quite to the point of leaving the board over this, but given the Rev's concern, this will be my last post on any smoky-participating thread in the Terrestrial forum.

Great news! Now we can get back to discussing God’s Chosen people in the Bible and Book of Mormon without your desperate derails.

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Smokey wrote:First of all, I’m not a Nazi nor have I ever been to Germany. I do not identify myself with the alt-right or any of your other weasel word labels. You use these words in bad faith.

It’s tolerated, if not encouraged, to say the most vile things about the Latter-Day Saints, accusing them - with no evidence - of murdering innocent people, rejoicing in the Missouri Extermination Order, calling their leaders sexual predators and worse, however simply stating as a matter of fact that the tribe of Judah is not the “Chosen People” in the Bible is met with calls for censorship. I wonder why?

I hope you leave this board and spew your anti-Mormon pilpul elsewhere. Now let’s get back to the discussion. What is the Bible??

You are an anti-semite. Go away. Stop trying to hide behind technicalities and whatever flavor of the month you identify as. We can all see what you are and where your ideas lead to. Go away from this forum. Post this ____ in another part of this board. Whether you try to tie it to Mormonism or not, this really has no place in a discussion of Mormonism. Your Identity Pseudo-Christianity is complete garbage. It is not worth a moment's notice from any humane person. Get your head out of the toilet and stop this ____. No one wants you in this forum. You are welcome in other areas of this board where other vile pieces of garbage hang out to spew their hate and filth.

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Smokey wrote:Great news! Now we can get back to discussing God’s Chosen people in the Bible and Book of Mormon without your desperate derails.

The great news I am waiting for is the news of your departure to another part of the board where other racists, anti-semites, and alt-right kooks hang out to spew their lies and filth.