Perfume out with new album

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related that's insulting or not safe for work. Rated R to NC-17.

Moderator: Gadianton

Markk
Charlatan

Perfume out with new album

Post by Markk »

Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"

Jersey Girl
God

Re: Perfume out with new album

Post by Jersey Girl »

Blasphemy.
:evil:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Thou art both repulsive and disgusting.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

SteelHead
God

Post by SteelHead »

It is hard to believe that music that bad could be made without deliberate intent and true skill. I don't think the drums, guitar, and singing were ever on the same rhythm. That is hard to do.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

Bach
God

Post by Bach »

SteelHead wrote:It is hard to believe that music that bad could be made without deliberate intent and true skill. I don't think the drums, guitar, and singing were ever on the same rhythm. That is hard to do.

Couldn’t agree w you more. Not much talent there. If you want the same sound from the past, take any of the old “Andrew Sisters” 45’s and run them at 78rpm’s.

[Have no doubt this post ever reaches the board given the bias factor of Shades and his resentment for free speech.]

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Bach wrote:[Have no doubt this post ever reaches the board given the bias factor of Shades and his resentment for free speech.]

Umm, . . . you're aware that you're NOT on the queue in the Spirit Prison forum, right?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I had never seen this before and looked them up. The name alone screamed it was a put on and perhaps it is. But as far as I can tell it wasn't and has the weirdiest backstory for a band ever. They were conscripted into being a band by their dad because he had once had a palm reading predict his daughters would form a world famous band or something like that. So it seems pretty likely they lacked musical talent, skills from practice and/or the benefit of a knowledgeable and concerned music producer. But they had a dad with the means and unfound belief in the project that didn't need any of those things for them to make and distribute an album. The irony being their awfulness is now legendary so that palm reading ended up being right. That said, I don't think they were intentionally bad. I think they were essentially unable to play their instruments well enough to actually make intentional music. The drumming creates some sort of synchopation the seems complex yet more like someone playing a prolonged drum solo independent of the guitars, which are essentially matching the vocal melody with a few basic chords for filler mixed in. I've sat through enough school band performances with first year players among whom were kids who got told they'd learn to play the clarinet and this is of that class. The drummer makes it more than it should be otherwise which gives it a sort of intentional avant garde feel. But it clearly isn't intentional. Found art for audiophiles maybe.
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Bach
God

Post by Bach »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bach wrote:[Have no doubt this post ever reaches the board given the bias factor of Shades and his resentment for free speech.]

Umm, . . . you're aware that you're NOT on the queue in the Spirit Prison forum, right?

Shades, I’ve never been aware how your broad personal bias goes when it comes to an intellect that poses a threat. But I acknowledge that it is YOUR BOARD and it’s good to be KING if it’s all you got in life.

If you ever find the courage - I’d just love to know why I’m still on your queue? What was the post that was offensive in your opinion? None I suspect. Probably has more to do with your protecting EAllusion and KG from ever having to deal with an entrepreneur while they post unemployed!

But how about just answering why my “I’m Spartacus” post got redirected to this forum??

Never expect much honesty nor integrity from you Shades! But for just once - might be nice!!!

Analytics
God

Post by Analytics »

Fun fact: Kurt Cobain ranked The Shaggs' one-and-only album as #5 on his list of 50 favorite albums of all time.

https://nirvana.fandom.com/wiki/Kurt_Co ... _50_Albums
It’s relatively easy to agree that only Homo sapiens can speak about things that don’t really exist, and believe six impossible things before breakfast. You could never convince a monkey to give you a banana by promising him limitless bananas after death in monkey heaven.

-Yuval Noah Harari

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

honorentheos wrote:I had never seen this before and looked them up. The name alone screamed it was a put on and perhaps it is. But as far as I can tell it wasn't and has the weirdiest backstory for a band ever. They were conscripted into being a band by their dad because he had once had a palm reading predict his daughters would form a world famous band or something like that. So it seems pretty likely they lacked musical talent, skills from practice and/or the benefit of a knowledgeable and concerned music producer. But they had a dad with the means and unfound belief in the project that didn't need any of those things for them to make and distribute an album. The irony being their awfulness is now legendary so that palm reading ended up being right. That said, I don't think they were intentionally bad. I think they were essentially unable to play their instruments well enough to actually make intentional music. The drumming creates some sort of synchopation the seems complex yet more like someone playing a prolonged drum solo independent of the guitars, which are essentially matching the vocal melody with a few basic chords for filler mixed in. I've sat through enough school band performances with first year players among whom were kids who got told they'd learn to play the clarinet and this is of that class. The drummer makes it more than it should be otherwise which gives it a sort of intentional avant garde feel. But it clearly isn't intentional. Found art for audiophiles maybe.

:lol: nice backstory, thanks. The first thing I thought was mommy and daddy wanted them to play. And they didn't. Revenge is a dish best served off-key, in this case.

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Lemmie wrote:Revenge is a dish best served off-key, in this case.

:lol:
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

SampsonAvard
Nursery

Post by SampsonAvard »

Oh my God that was brilliantly bad. It's especially amusing because I spent all day yesterday listening to applicants for our Folk Music Festival. None quite that bad at least.

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Analytics wrote:Fun fact: Kurt Cobain ranked The Shaggs' one-and-only album as #5 on his list of 50 favorite albums of all time.

Is that why he killed himself?

--Louis Midgley

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Analytics wrote:Fun fact: Kurt Cobain ranked The Shaggs' one-and-only album as #5 on his list of 50 favorite albums of all time.

Is that why he killed himself?

He killed himself because he was a pretentious dick who said stupid ____ like The Shaggs made one of his favorite albums knowing it was a cock-up statement meant to ____ with people based on his perception of herd mentality in the music fan base?

Well, when you put it like that...

ETA: I kid, in the sense he was brilliant and Nirvana's music was revolutionary. But he absolutely was a dick who expressed a lot of disdain for the average person. If he were a poster here he'd be Amore with a heroine problem minus the Jew thing. But only because being woke in the early 90s wasn't what the it crowd was into. So maybe he'd exactly be Amore today. Why not.
~ Eiji Yoshikawa