MAGA kids are Jerks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related that's insulting or not safe for work. Rated R to NC-17.

Moderator: Gadianton

Kevin Graham
God

MAGA kids are Jerks

Post by Kevin Graham »

https://twitter.com/lulu_says2/status/1 ... 1ashW5_eSI

I mean what kind of abhorrent parenting was going on here to let your kids become asshole bigots at such a young age?

Kevin Graham
God

Re: MAGA kids are Jerks

Post by Kevin Graham »

Seriously though, what is the justification for harassing this poor old Indian man?

And where are all the black kids with MAGA hats?

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

My god I could have gone my whole entire life without seeing that. It makes me want to vomit.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

MeDotOrg
God

Post by MeDotOrg »

Unfortunately, this is NOT all just MAGA. You think if Trump is impeached, these kids will change their tune? Trump may be the catalyst, but he has tapped into something darker that is not wholly under his control.

I agree that Trump has made this type of sentiment politically acceptable, and that leadership matters. But Trump has fanned the flames of a smoldering racism and xenophobia that flared noticeably after Obama was elected.
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

They’ll all be at church tomorrow, with their parents, pretending that they’re the ones with the moral high ground.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

MeDotOrg wrote:Unfortunately, this is NOT all just MAGA. You think if Trump is impeached, these kids will change their tune? Trump may be the catalyst, but he has tapped into something darker that is not wholly under his control.

I agree that Trump has made this type of sentiment politically acceptable, and that leadership matters. But Trump has fanned the flames of a smoldering racism and xenophobia that flared noticeably after Obama was elected.

You’re correct. Trump will always be remembered as the one President that actively catalyzed and legitimized the absolute worst in his Base’s behavior, and for being proud to do so.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote: Trump may be the catalyst, but he has tapped into something darker that is not wholly under his control.

He's not only tapped into it, he's validated it.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:They’ll all be at church tomorrow, with their parents, pretending that they’re the ones with the moral high ground.

Amen.
Chinese Proverb

EAllusion
God

Post by EAllusion »

Yeah, this was one of the worst "feel bad" videos I've seen in some time. It's not objectively the worst story out there, but the symbolism is appalling on a level that is difficult to take in.

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Still, one compensation: those kids were so obviously jerks that I know that ajax18 is sitting there saying

'Yup. Those kids may be white, but they're still a disgrace. If I'd been there I'd've kicked their ass and apologised to the old guy on their behalf'.

So for once we agree.

Right, ajax18?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

Kevin Graham
God

Post by Kevin Graham »

EAllusion wrote:Yeah, this was one of the worst "feel bad" videos I've seen in some time. It's not objectively the worst story out there, but the symbolism is appalling on a level that is difficult to take in.

I hope that kid's face is famous for many, many years to come.

Just chalk it up as yet another reason to laugh when they say supporting Trump has nothing to do with racism. About 200 boys and nary a minority among them. Harassing a friggin American indian old man. Bad parenting doesn't even begin to explain this ____.

EAllusion
God

Post by EAllusion »

Well, I hope his life isn't destroyed because he made some very poor choices when he was a teenager. Social media infamy justice can get disproportionate very quickly.

In an ideal world, I'd hope something would click in his head to make him feel tremendous shame, followed by some soul-searching, and eventual contrition.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

From Earth Guardians Facebook page:

Earth Guardians shared a post.
3 hrs ·

How is this our world in 2019? These ignorant young white boys have no idea the land they stand on, the prayers they betray, the hate they continue to promote. Generations of pain passed down from their bloodline to them, only continues to propagate this mindset of destruction, separation, and complete stupidity. They should be completely ashamed of their behavior. They should be shamed for mocking and disrespecting this Native elder and veteran, Nate Phillips. Uncle stepped into to pray and break up this high school group of young men who were wearing MAGA hats and harassing a few black men. They then proceeded to harass Mr Phillips.

This is a disgrace in this day and age. In light of the current politics, this behavior and belief system is no longer in the shadows, but fully exposed for us all to witness so we can heal it. We need love. We need unity. We need to heal and pray for these lost young boys who have been taught a religion of hate. They need serious help. If you feel called to call the Catholic school they go to at 8594912247, please do, and tell them this is unacceptable and a disgrace to this country and the Native land we stand on. #thisisnativeland #lovetrumpshate #indigenousresistance #earthguardians

Here's the contact info for the school posted by someone else:

StoneSoup Leaders: For those of you that want to express your outrage about Covington Catholic School students behavior at the Indigenous People March here is the mailing address, and e-mail for the Principal:

Mr. Robert Rowe
Covington Catholic High School
1600 Dixie Highway
Park Hills, KY 41011
P (859) 491-2247
RRowe@covcath.org

Their Diocese:
Diocese of Covington
1125 Madison Ave.
Covington, KY 41011-3115
(859) 392-1500
Email: info@covdio.org

Diocesan Board of Catholic Education
Superintendent: Michael Clines
(859) 392-1500
Email: mclines@covdio.org

Assistant Superintendent: Karen McGuire
Email: kmcguire@covdio.org

The man being harassed is also a Vietnam War veteran.
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The school apologized. Not the students. The school.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/art ... nroSc1swOs
Chinese Proverb

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

EAllusion wrote:Well, I hope his life isn't destroyed because he made some very poor choices when he was a teenager. Social media infamy justice can get disproportionate very quickly.

In an ideal world, I'd hope something would click in his head to make him feel tremendous shame, followed by some soul-searching, and eventual contrition.

I'd like to see all of those students required to take a full semester class from the Native American folks whom they harassed and co-taught by their American History teacher, including a session with Xiuhtezcatl Martinez who has been doing something constructive with his life since he was a young boy. That's exactly what's going in my message to the school.
Chinese Proverb

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

It will be interesting to see what kind of discipline is imposed by the Covington Catholic High School.

Sending a load of such kids to Washington DC to take part in an anti-abortion rally is bad enough, but then to have these same kids be disrespectful at another event should make the school rethink such such future events.

Sounds like Covington was patterned after Brett Kavanaugh's high school, with perhaps a tad less beer. That smirky kid might end up being a future Senator (R) from Kentucky.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

EAllusion wrote:In an ideal world, I'd hope something would click in his head to make him feel tremendous shame, followed by some soul-searching, and eventual contrition.

Nah. These were full-on MAGAbots. Acting like an ass is a badge of honor to them. He'll be relentlessly defended and held up as a hero by the mindless morons of Trumpworld.

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Chap wrote:Still, one compensation: those kids were so obviously jerks that I know that ajax18 is sitting there saying

'Yup. Those kids may be white, but they're still a disgrace. If I'd been there I'd've kicked their ass and apologised to the old guy on their behalf'.

So for once we agree.

Right, ajax18?

Hi ajax18. You reading this thread?
Zadok:
I did not have a faith crisis. I discovered that the Church was having a truth crisis.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

dp
Last edited by ajax18 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.

Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Still, one compensation: those kids were so obviously jerks that I know that ajax18 is sitting there saying

So for once we agree.

Right, ajax18?

I think you're right on this one. It didn't do the conservative movement any favors. I'm not sure I would have physically assaulted the kids but I would definitely have apologized to the old man on their behalf. We need to be better than that.

Thanks, ajax. It is good to agree sometimes!
Zadok:
Maksutov:

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Here's a longer video. I think the kids were actually protesting the anti-gay protesting of the Black Israelites there, and then the Native American dude walked up to the white kids and started banging his drum in their faces. I think the one kid decided to stand his ground, presumably because he felt like the drummers sided with the homosexual-hating Black guys. I'm not sure. Watch the whole video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npX801x ... e=youtu.be

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Understanding the world as an amoral, chaotic system that is in a constant flux of competing entities all driven by an innate biological determinism is both redpilled and blackpilled.