Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
User avatar
Rank&File
Nursery
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:17 am

Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

Post by Rank&File »

Now you can start them on the path of Mormonism right out of the womb. Why wait for Primary?

http://www.mybabymormon.com

"Let your Child of God travel with Baby Mormon from his heavenly home to EARTH! In this vibrant video Baby Mormon visits four different regions of the world through a constant showcase of dazzling colors and lively images."

Seems like a rip of of Baby Eisenstein that has been Mormonised.

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Re: Brainwas... er - Teach them Young

Post by harmony »

Rank&File wrote:Now you can start them on the path of Mormonism right out of the womb. Why wait for Primary?

http://www.mybabymormon.com

"Let your Child of God travel with Baby Mormon from his heavenly home to EARTH! In this vibrant video Baby Mormon visits four different regions of the world through a constant showcase of dazzling colors and lively images."

Seems like a rip of of Baby Eisenstein that has been Mormonised.


There is no brainwashing done in Mormon parenting, any more than there is brainwashing done in any home when children are taught the principles and values of their parents. I don't see this as a bad thing. Mormon parents have the right to teach their children the gospel as they see fit, without having to ask permission of anyone else.

User avatar
Southern Redneck
Star A
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:41 pm

Post by Southern Redneck »

Harmony is correct. A parent has the final say on how a child should be raised. although using Morg thought, at the age of 8, the kid can decide the church is not true and not be forced to go. Free agency and all...oh wait, That idea from the unchanging church changed.

User avatar
OUT OF MY MISERY
Savior (mortal ministry)
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am

Post by OUT OF MY MISERY »

Is Harmony, Charity from FAIR???

She posts a lot like Charity, very condesending and all.


What eight year can't be brainwashed???

Isn't that what baptism is all about????

If baptism at eight years old is not brainwashing then why not wait until a child is old enough to understand what BAPTISM really means???

Of course Mormon parents don't brain wash their children!!!!
How dare you say that Redneck, that is why they keep their children away from other non-mormon children because the Mormon kid might brainwash the NON-MORMON kid into believing in the GOSPEL.
It would never happen the other way because Mormons do not brainwash their children.

LOL
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

coffeecat wrote:Is Harmony, Charity from FAIR???

She posts a lot like Charity, very condesending and all.


Well, I'll say one thing for you, coffeecat. You sure know how to insult someone. Please try to remember the players: I'm the one who's banned from ZLMB, banned from FAIR, banned from even viewing at FAIR, single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the LDS church. According to Paul, I'm evil personified. According to SP Dot, I'm the worst apostate walking. According to Daniel, he fantasizes about hanging me. According to Juliann, I'm the worst of the worst... yet you think I'm Charity? Holy s***. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

I wasn't talking about brainwashing. I was talking about parenting. I've got a master's degree in counseling psychology, and I know the difference. I'm not sure you do.

Brackite
God
Posts: 6382
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:12 am

Post by Brackite »

Is Harmony, Charity from FAIR???

She posts a lot like Charity, very condesending and all.


Charity and Harmony are about as different as night and day. Harmony is definitely Not Charity from The 'FAIR' Message Board.

User avatar
OUT OF MY MISERY
Savior (mortal ministry)
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am

Post by OUT OF MY MISERY »

Well here we go again pulling out our brains and degrees to say who can correct who???

Harmony I apologize if I insulted you by assuming you are CHARITY from FAIR.
But with all of your degrees and all you are still unable to even view what is being posted on FAIR.
I at least have figured out how to clean out my cookies and at least am able to view the posts on FAIR.

and don't you ever, ever question my PARENTING SKILLS again do you understand this???

I am surprised that with all of your alleged degrees that you failed to see how parenting and BRAINWASHING and Mormons are closley linked
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........

User avatar
OUT OF MY MISERY
Savior (mortal ministry)
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am

Post by OUT OF MY MISERY »

Harmony
You need to get yet another degree so things will become even clearer for you.

My post got under your skin because you know I am right and why have you not addressed my points I made about the gospel, brainwashing and keeping NON-MORMONS away from Mormons?????
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

coffeecat wrote:Well here we go again pulling out our brains and degrees to say who can correct who???

Harmony I apologize if I insulted you by assuming you are CHARITY from FAIR.
But with all of your degrees and all you are still unable to even view what is being posted on FAIR.
I at least have figured out how to clean out my cookies and at least am able to view the posts on FAIR.

and don't you ever, ever question my PARENTING SKILLS again do you understand this???

I am surprised that with all of your alleged degrees that you failed to see how parenting and BRAINWASHING and Mormons are closley linked


Cleaning out my cookies doesn't help, when my IP is specifically blocked, coffeecat. I am persona non grata on FAIR; public enemy #1, remember? My degrees aren't in computer science, so I'm not clever enough to get around the block, nor do I choose to, since I'm unwilling to trespass on their property without their permission.

And what's this about questioning your parenting skills? I'm definitely not following you on that. When did I do that? Please quote where I did any such thing, because I think you're reading 'way too much into what I said. I never refered to you specifically at all, so I couldn't be questioning your parenting skills.

Geez. Chill. It's not all about you, ya know?

My degrees are not "alledged". I have the certificates and the job title that goes with it. (and the student loans). The reason I see no connection between brainwashing and Mormon-style parenting is because there is none. Maybe you should look up what brainwashing really is before you get your panties in a bunch. Mormon parents no more brainwash their children than any other similiar religious organization does.

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

coffeecat wrote:Harmony
You need to get yet another degree so things will become even clearer for you.

My post got under your skin because you know I am right and why have you not addressed my points I made about the gospel, brainwashing and keeping NON-MORMONS away from Mormons?????


Perhaps because I don't consider them important enough to stop doing what I'm doing (making dinner) to answer you? Naw... that couldn't be it, could it? That would mean your little temper tantrum means zippo to me... though that is always a possibility.

Look up what brainwashing really is, then we can have a real discussion about why Mormon parenting isn't brainwashing, instead of your current lil temper tantrum.

User avatar
Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary
Posts: 14130
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by Dr. Shades »

I agree--Mormon parenting itself isn't "brainwashing."

Taking little kids up to the podium, whispering into their ears, and having them parrot "I know this church is twoo" definitely is brainwashing.

And I will personally vouch for the fact that harmony is definitely NOT charity. Charity's posts are infinitely more simplistic and canned.

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

Taking little kids up to the podium, whispering into their ears, and having them parrot "I know this church is twoo" definitely is brainwashing.


I'm not so sure, Shades. However, even if it does fit the standard for brainwashing, the practice has been addressed from the pulpit in general conference and is actively discouraged.

And I will personally vouch for the fact that harmony is definitely NOT charity. Charity's posts are infinitely more simplistic and canned.


Thank you, my friend. I personally cannot think of anyone I could be compared with that would appal me more completely than Charity.

User avatar
Jason Bourne
God
Posts: 9207
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by Jason Bourne »

Well here we go again pulling out our brains and degrees to say who can correct who???

Harmony I apologize if I insulted you by assuming you are CHARITY from FAIR.
But with all of your degrees and all you are still unable to even view what is being posted on FAIR.
I at least have figured out how to clean out my cookies and at least am able to view the posts on FAIR
.

We will put a star on your forhead so you feel better.

and don't you ever, ever question my PARENTING SKILLS again do you understand this???


Harmony did this exactly where?

I am surprised that with all of your alleged degrees that you failed to see how parenting and BRAINWASHING and Mormons are closley linked



The point is this. All parents teach something. Usually whatever their world view is. Mormons, Atheists, Catholics, Baptists, etc. They all teach what they believe. It is not brainwashing, though it may be indoctrination. For whatever illogical reason you seem to think it an awful thing for Mormons to do this.

Jason

User avatar
Jason Bourne
God
Posts: 9207
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by Jason Bourne »

coffeecat wrote:Well here we go again pulling out our brains and degrees to say who can correct who???

Harmony I apologize if I insulted you by assuming you are CHARITY from FAIR.
But with all of your degrees and all you are still unable to even view what is being posted on FAIR.
I at least have figured out how to clean out my cookies and at least am able to view the posts on FAIR.

and don't you ever, ever question my PARENTING SKILLS again do you understand this???

I am surprised that with all of your alleged degrees that you failed to see how parenting and BRAINWASHING and Mormons are closley linked


Mormons do not keep their children away from other non Mormon children for the most part. And in most the world where LDS live, since they are the minority, this is impossible to do. Maybe when your venomous hate is out of your system you can post rational instead of irrational thoughts.

Jason

User avatar
OUT OF MY MISERY
Savior (mortal ministry)
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am

Post by OUT OF MY MISERY »

Well okay now Mr. Bourne that cannot outside of UTAH you are right about that one.

Inside of UTAH that can and does happen because there are many more Mormons to be "friends" with so naturally they can be exclusive to who they chocse to be friends with.

Jason, I want that STAR on my forehead, will you put it there????

Harmony maybe you need to stop making dinner and study some more and learn how to trepass on thier "property" why are you giving FAIR so much power over you????

I think you are the one that needs to get a backbone and stand up to these idiots, If you say that you single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the LDS-church. Why are you so afraid of trespassing, I am pretty sure that they will not be at your door to arrrest you for trespassing???
I don't see any do not trespass signs on thier site, banning someone's IP address is not a sign.
The Internet is a public domain my dear. You have free and equal acess to anything that is out there.

Harmony you said that I fail to see the difference between brainwashing and parenting and that I did not know or could tell the difference????

I have been a parent for let me see now 29 years, how long have you parented???
I don't give a damn about your degress, I want experience in this matter my dear!!!!!
don't throw out your degress and student loans as proof you can parent.
Through out some knowledge that you can and have been a responsible parent with your words and writings.

JASON
are you even a PARENT???
Let me know and then we will talk until SHUT-UP
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........

harmony
God
Posts: 18195
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by harmony »

Harmony maybe you need to stop making dinner and study some more and learn how to trepass on thier "property" why are you giving FAIR so much power over you????


Simple: dinner is important to me; FAIR isn't.

I think you are the one that needs to get a backbone and stand up to these idiots, If you say that you single-handedly responsible for the downfall of the LDS-church.


Actually, I don't say that. That's what Daniel said about me. Personally, I think he was just giving one of his backhanded compliments.

Why are you so afraid of trespassing, I am pretty sure that they will not be at your door to arrrest you for trespassing???
I don't see any do not trespass signs on thier site, banning someone's IP address is not a sign.
The Internet is a public domain my dear. You have free and equal acess to anything that is out there.


I tend to respect people's decisions to ban me, even when I don't agree with it, coffeecat. Backbone has nothing to do with it; I don't go where I'm not wanted. And to be quite honest, FAIR simply isn't that important to me. Virtually all of the people I enjoyed while I was there are here with me.

Harmony you said that I fail to see the difference between brainwashing and parenting and that I did not know or could tell the difference????

I have been a parent for let me see now 29 years, how long have you parented???


My oldest son is 34. My youngest son is 21. Six men, two women. All college graduates or currently attending, all gainfully employed, six married, four in the temple, four returned missionaries, four with children, one serving his country in the National Guard. One computer consultant, one computer engineer, one chemical engineer, one teacher, one member of law enforcement, one salesman, one librarian, and one recreation specialist. I know a bit about parenting, yes.

If you fail to see the difference between brainwashing and parenting, I suggest you brush up on brainwashing (which if you go back and read the whole comment, is what I suggested the last time too. I see you still haven't done it), not parenting. I assumed you knew about parenting, although perhaps that was a WAG on my part.

I don't give a damn about your degress, I want experience in this matter my dear!!!!!


And I, for my part, don't much care what you want. Go figure.

don't throw out your degress and student loans as proof you can parent.


I didn't. I threw them out as proof that I knew what brainwashing was. I've yet to see you demonstrate a similiar knowledge base.

Through out some knowledge that you can and have been a responsible parent with your words and writings.


See above. Most people, in and out of the church, consider me to have accomplished an incredible feat, that all my children are responsible productive citizens. I'm sure you have similiar experiences.

JASON
are you even a PARENT???
Let me know and then we will talk until SHUT-UP


Jason is a member of this board, and as such can participate in any conversation that interests him without your permission. That's one of the nicest things about this board.

User avatar
Jason Bourne
God
Posts: 9207
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by Jason Bourne »

Well okay now Mr. Bourne that cannot outside of UTAH you are right about that one.

Inside of UTAH that can and does happen because there are many more Mormons to be "friends" with so naturally they can be exclusive to who they chocse to be friends with.



Sure it is natural there but I think rarely intentional.

Jason, I want that STAR on my forehead, will you put it there????



Sure if you wish


JASON
are you even a PARENT???
Let me know and then we will talk until SHUT-UP


Yes dear, I am a parent for at least 24 years.

So, can I speak now?

Jason

User avatar
OUT OF MY MISERY
Savior (mortal ministry)
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am

Post by OUT OF MY MISERY »

Okay Harmony
Here goes with my list of whatever.

I have a gay 29 year old son that graduated from NYU, Sterns. He was one of a few that actually qualified for a scholarship.
He went through college in three years instead of four and worked part-time at JP Morgan while he was in college.
He lives in Manhattan and is probably worth like a million dollars, he has financed my return to college, I will graduate in 2008 with my BA degree.
My middle son is 21 and also currently in college he will graduate in 2008 as well with a degree in Computer Science.
My youngest is still in High school so who knows about him, but he will probably go and get his degree in LAW in some field.

None of my son's were allowed to go on a mission had they even wanted to.
No obviously my GAY son would not be married in the temple and I have no grandchildren as of yet, but hopefully I will soon from my GAY son. Oh my GOD.
My 21 yearold is not married he is in college and his education will come first, then marriage, but of course he can have all the sex he chooses to have because he has not been brainwashed that sex before marriage is wrong and immoral.
By the way he is not dating anyone right now so he is not getting any sex right now.

And yes we came from UTAH and relocated to MD. So yes my son's were around you Mormons and yes they were kept from associating with Mormons.

Of course you will never see the connection between brainwashing and parenting, you have already proven that HARMONY.
Oh yes you do care what I want, you answered my question so you do care.
LOL

Yes you care about FAIR because you keep bringing up the fact you were banned, well maybe that was to prove you were not CHARITY, but I am doubtful even now.
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........

rcrocket

Post by rcrocket »

coffeecat wrote:Okay Harmony
Here goes with my list of whatever.


Yes, folks, hedonism has its champions. Money and all the sex one wants. How could life be any less wonderful?

User avatar
OUT OF MY MISERY
Savior (mortal ministry)
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:32 am

Post by OUT OF MY MISERY »

Well YEAH Mr. PLUTARCH
Are you DEL MARCH from FAIR???

What else is there besides sex and money, after all???
Are they not the two things that are currently ruling the world???
Well I did leave out religion OOPPS sorry.

I mean really now why would I want or deserve to be educated when I could just side on my FATASS and be a stupid ____!!!

Now I am an educated, well almost educated SMART ____!!!

Watch out here I come.
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........

User avatar
Gazelam
Lightbearer
Posts: 5659
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by Gazelam »

I love when a ridiculous thread consumes itself.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato

Post Reply