"Bitter Fruit"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

"Bitter Fruit"

Post by Holy Ghost »

Todd Christofferson calls children born out of wedlock: "bitter fruit."
I call this guy everything that the auto block here on Mormon Discussions would delete if I typed it.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

malkie
God

Re: "Bitter Fruit"

Post by malkie »

You can always post in the telestial kingdom
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

malkie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:59 am
That's what I was thinking. You can also find ways of defeating the autoblocker by being creative. Here is an example:

Tod Christofferson is an A P O S T O L I C pig for the church of Morons. Get your nasty words typed down there so you can see them. You can go on the temple thread and blurt out his secret temple name. That would be a good way to get even.

What's the link to the above complaint about "bad fruit"? That seems like a really crass thing to say. What the hell is wrong with the man? Since when are children bitter fruit? I thought they were the kingdom of heaven and when under age 8 get an automatic ticket to celestial glory. How can an apostle even begin to associate children with "bitter fruit"? Perhaps you read it wrong? Perhaps you have misinterpreted what he said. I find it hard to believe. Please make your case. Thanks.

Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Post by Holy Ghost »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:18 am
malkie wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:59 am
That's what I was thinking. You can also find ways of defeating the autoblocker by being creative. Here is an example:

Tod Christofferson is an A P O S T O L I C pig for the church of Morons. Get your nasty words typed down there so you can see them. You can go on the temple thread and blurt out his secret temple name. That would be a good way to get even.

What's the link to the above complaint about "bad fruit"? That seems like a really crass thing to say. What the hell is wrong with the man? Since when are children bitter fruit? I thought they were the kingdom of heaven and when under age 8 get an automatic ticket to celestial glory. How can an apostle even begin to associate children with "bitter fruit"? Perhaps you read it wrong? Perhaps you have misinterpreted what he said. I find it hard to believe. Please make your case. Thanks.
In such a society, “adultery, promiscuity, elective abortion and out-of-wedlock births are but some of the bitter fruits,” he said, “that grow out of the immorality sanctioned by the sexual revolution.”

The consequences that follow work against a healthy society include “growing numbers of children raised in poverty and without the positive influence of fathers, sometimes through multiple generations,” Christofferson said, “women bearing alone what should be shared responsibilities, and seriously deficient education as schools, like other institutions, are tasked to compensate for failure in the home.”
https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/10 ... s-general/
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

adultery, promiscuity, AND A GOD COMING DOWN AND IMPREGNATING A YOUNG LADY WHO BELONGS TO ANOTHER MAN, elective abortion and out-of-wedlock births, are but some of the bitter fruits,” he said, “that grow out of the immorality sanctioned by the sexual revolution.
It seems to me that Elohim is the real culprit, a horny god that can't keep his robe wrapped around his waste. And, it seems, that Jesus is the greatest of all bitter fruits.

How's that for a Shulem twist?

Christofferson is a pompous windbag -- a self-righteous spoiled man full of beams in his eyes. He's just the sort of man I would not want to be around. He's condescending, judgmental, a typical Mormon apostle who helps run the cult today.

:twisted:

Stem
God

Post by Stem »

I wonder how his testing went to come to this conclusion. Did he sample enough people to make his conclusion statistically valid? I wonder if he'll ever produce the results of his findings.

"what's this guy's name? Timmy, huh...hmm...that's sweet. He must have had a mommy and daddy? ah I see, and they were married before he was born? Okay then. No wonder why he's so sweet tasting."

"oh..bitter...this gal is a bitter one. Was she born by parents who weren't married or something? Oh...all right that makes sense. Her parents sinned and she turned out all bitter." Aside he whispers, "she probably followed her parents footsteps and never married, and was a bitter old spinster who thought a woman didn't need a man and all that crap. yep, no wonder."

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

I'm a bitter fruit and if I been born in Noah's day the Lord would have drowned me in the flood.

Bitter fruit baby. May its bitterness be upon the head of its mama.

Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Post by Holy Ghost »

I suppose we should be grateful that Christofferson called such children "bitter fruit" instead of "little bastards."

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Bitter fruit for an immoral woman

For of such is NOT the kingdom of God

Mormons only may enter . . . .

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
I'm a bitter fruit and if I been born in Noah's day the Lord would have drowned me in the flood.

Bitter fruit baby. May its bitterness be upon the head of its mama.
How could this little boo boo baby, so cute, be anything bitter? Perhaps the bitterness comes from a certain authority figure who sees his authority diminishing as society changes from allowing delusional, controlling church guy to control marriage? What do you say, Dr. P, to having two committed parents who aren't married? What about two same sex parents? What about divorced parents who still co-parent? Or is the traditional Mormon three way marriage (man, woman, and priesthood man lurking in the background) the only marriage that is valid and that doesn't produce bitter fruit?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

I have a question
God

Post by I have a question »

Holy Ghost wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:25 pm
Todd Christofferson calls children born out of wedlock: "bitter fruit."
I call this guy everything that the auto block here on Mormon Discussions would delete if I typed it.
It will be interesting to peruse the transcript of his talk, assuming it isn't cut.

Perhaps Nelson needs to direct his words “Today, I call upon our members everywhere to lead out in abandoning attitudes and actions of prejudice,” to his apostles who are prejudicing children "born out of wedlock".

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Gordy Ass Hinckley was just as bad. He cast out babies left and right as if they were nothing but bad fruit -- bitter, rotten, the results of sexual sins. He condemned gay marriage. Too bad the sorry bastard didn't live long enough to see it legalized in the USA. I have zero respect for Hinkley. He was a religious gangster -- an evil man.
Gordon B. Hinckley President of the Church wrote:How bitter are the fruits of casting aside standards of virtue. The statistics are appalling. More than one-fourth of all children born in the United States are born out of wedlock, and the situation grows more serious.

<snip>

There are those who would have us believe in the validity of what they choose to call same-sex marriage. Our hearts reach out to those who struggle with feelings of affinity for the same gender. We remember you before the Lord, we sympathize with you, we regard you as our brothers and our sisters. However, we cannot condone immoral practices on your part any more than we can condone immoral practices on the part of others.
Hey, Gordy -- I can't condone wicked preachers like you who are running a cult and calling it a church. You're a liar Gordy. Roll in your grave you dirty SOB.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

I'm bad fruit.

Angel Moroni can baptize me and make me clean.

Mama bore bad fruit! Bad baby! Ur evil.

Bad baby is going to hell just as soon as he turns 8!

I have a question
God

Peterson reports the words used as follows...
“Adultery, promiscuity, elective abortion, and out-of-wedlock births are but some of the bitter fruits that grow out of the immorality sanctioned by the sexual revolution,” said Elder Christofferson.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... ruits.html

If that is an accurate transcript of what Christofferson said then he is indeed calling the birth of a child to a single parent (or parents who have not entered into a civil ceremony to formalise their relationship) a "bitter fruit". The "fruit" of such a situation is the child, and Christofferson (likely unwittingly) has just been very derogatory to children born in those scenarios.

You will note that Christofferson uses the term "the sexual revolution" to provide his audience with an enemy. Unfortunately for him, use of that phrase shows his thinking and points of reference are seriously outdated.
The sexual revolution, also known as a time of sexual liberation, was a social movement that challenged traditional codes of behavior related to sexuality and interpersonal relationships throughout the United States and subsequently, the wider world, from the 1960s to the 1980s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_revolution

That Apostles of the Church are 50 years behind the times should surprise nobody.
Last edited by I have a question on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Dr. E. Daniel Peterson issued an apologetic from a villa in Park City:

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

I have a question
God

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:48 am
Dr. E. Daniel Peterson issued an apologetic from a villa in Park City:

Peterson claims to be Christoffersons official spokesperson (or mind reader)
That’s what Elder Christofferson had in mind, when he briefly mentioned “illegitimate births” in his overall remarks about “sustainable societies.”

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

I love not watching General Conference. I don’t miss General Conference at all. Rare is the time that I care what a GA says.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Peterson is an apologetic robot that will defend anything no matter how sickening it is just so long as it's defending Mormonism.

Children are not bitter fruit. The word "bitter" shouldn't be associated with children in any way. It's a religious application from judgmental religious people who devalue others because they don't hold to the same standards. Any connection with children to the word "bitter" in this sort of application is simply evil. It's a backdoor into making people feel guilty and less worthy. It's bad labeling, period. It's what cults do to make people feel like they are dependent on the religion. This form of labeling should be done away in it's entirety. It's time for the human race to move on and evolve. That can be done without religion!

Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Eh, I think it's silly to blow this one out of proportion. It was a poorly proofread sentence, nothing more. Mistakes like these are predictable enough, since the goal is so singularly on keeping members afraid of stepping outside of the church-defined chalk line of morality.

Did anyone else see the great irony in Nelson saying:
Nelson wrote:Life without God is a life filled with fear. Life with God is a life filled with peace.
Right, when the very statement is crafted to engender fear on the part of believers... also where exactly is the data that supports his proposition?

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Presdient NelSatan wrote:Life without God is a life filled with fear. Life with God is a life filled with peace.
That's how he views it, a closed minded and an uninspired man. He's spiritually stunted, a re-tarded mind that stopped growing long ago. NelSatan is a fool.

NelSatan also teaches the Book of Mormon statement as INTERPRED by Mormon leadership that "wickedness never was happiness", such wickedness includes gay and lesbian relations. The Mormons are utterly wrong. How do I know? Experience. I've lived Mormonism and I've lived the other. I have experience and it's not for the re-tarded brain dead cultish Mormons to tell me whether I think I'm happy or not.

Up goes my middle finger! To the Mormons and their brainwashing cult. Living Mormonism was misery. I was so unhappy in the cult.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:54 am
Eh, I think it's silly to blow this one out of proportion.
I disagree. The Mormon cult devalues children when they aren't being raised by their brand. They will automatically say that because the child is brought up in a sinful environment that the chances are the child will follow into likeminded sinful traps because of the parents and thus in the end be deprived of exaltation and salvation in the celestial kingdom. In other words, if you don't be just like us and do our ways and believe what we say then you are damned. You can't be exalted and neither can your bitter children in which you raised.

Up goes my middle finger to the Mormons. To you, NelSatan -- my middle finger you SOB!

You too, DCP. You're an ass. You're not going to get your exaltation you dream of. It's a fantasy just like the king's name in Facsimile No. 3 -- you SOB!