DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

DCP's plagiarisms are well known and well documented. DCP now brings "intellectual laziness" to a new level.

I hope Patheos isn't paying DCP per post. If they are, DCP is being very dishonest.

September 24th, 2020
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... istry.html

November 20th, 2019
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... uning.html

April 5th, 2019
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... uning.html

January 12th, 2018
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... istry.html
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

Post by _huckelberry »

61 pages on some Midget guy and now counting repeat articles by DCP. Is this terminal boredom or just a lull before someone thinks of a new topic?

Why do people care about Peterson?
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Peterson is now 'plaigerizing' himself?
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

a stone so heavy that when dropped into a still pond creates no ripple.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

huckelberry wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm
a stone so heavy that when dropped into a still pond creates no ripple.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Like I have said before, Peterson has been silenced from someone. He has no gas anymore. He is washed up. In order to appear legitimate or even relevant at all these days, he apparently feels he MUST remain seen, even though it is an irrelevant repeating of old hat worthless writing. Who even reads him anymore? Seriously. I haven't read anything he has written in any kind of official capacity for a long time, and I really don't feel I am missing anything at all. I really have no reason to even attempt to pay attention to this sad tale of a now wannabe relevant Mormon. He is literally under the radar screen, well, except for some Mormons and this message board. I literally never seen anything of his writing that is ever quoted, commented on, or used in any supportive way. There is just no more reason to read him than there is driving completely out of my way to Salt Lake City to attend General Conference. They could claim literally that Jesus himself would personally be there, and willing to talk to people, and I wouldn't make the drive.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

I should be reprimanded for seeming to suggests to others what matters should be of interest to them. I am sure I have bored a person or two with my suggestions of matters to discuss.

Well I looked up a wikapedia article about persons of interest in the LDS community. It had a long list , artist, sports, science, academics,writers,entertainment, politics etc. It did not include Daniel Peterson. How far beyond Mormon discussions does his fame spread?

Ok that is not a completely fair question. He has a internet thing a majig where people comment about his comments and on that thing a ma jig he has repeated some views about fine tuning at least four times.

Well there is some anoying sounding book," Offenders for a word" I noticed he generally does not approve of critics of the church. Seems to me to be a rather normal Mormon feeling.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

I just looked it up and as a point of comparison, cardboard can be recycled 5-7 times.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:27 pm
I just looked it up and as a point of comparison, cardboard can be recycled 5-7 times.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Gadianton's analysis is superior to mine. I bow to his success and close my mouth.