DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

DCP's plagiarisms are well known and well documented. DCP now brings "intellectual laziness" to a new level.

I hope Patheos isn't paying DCP per post. If they are, DCP is being very dishonest.

September 24th, 2020
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... istry.html

November 20th, 2019
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... uning.html

April 5th, 2019
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... uning.html

January 12th, 2018
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... istry.html
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

huckelberry
God

Re: DCP Recycles The Same Article At Least 4 Different Times.

Post by huckelberry »

61 pages on some Midget guy and now counting repeat articles by DCP. Is this terminal boredom or just a lull before someone thinks of a new topic?

Why do people care about Peterson?

Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Post by Holy Ghost »

Peterson is now 'plaigerizing' himself?
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

a stone so heavy that when dropped into a still pond creates no ripple.

Everybody Wang Chung
God

huckelberry wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:28 am
a stone so heavy that when dropped into a still pond creates no ripple.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Like I have said before, Peterson has been silenced from someone. He has no gas anymore. He is washed up. In order to appear legitimate or even relevant at all these days, he apparently feels he MUST remain seen, even though it is an irrelevant repeating of old hat worthless writing. Who even reads him anymore? Seriously. I haven't read anything he has written in any kind of official capacity for a long time, and I really don't feel I am missing anything at all. I really have no reason to even attempt to pay attention to this sad tale of a now wannabe relevant Mormon. He is literally under the radar screen, well, except for some Mormons and this message board. I literally never seen anything of his writing that is ever quoted, commented on, or used in any supportive way. There is just no more reason to read him than there is driving completely out of my way to Salt Lake City to attend General Conference. They could claim literally that Jesus himself would personally be there, and willing to talk to people, and I wouldn't make the drive.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I should be reprimanded for seeming to suggests to others what matters should be of interest to them. I am sure I have bored a person or two with my suggestions of matters to discuss.

Well I looked up a wikapedia article about persons of interest in the LDS community. It had a long list , artist, sports, science, academics,writers,entertainment, politics etc. It did not include Daniel Peterson. How far beyond Mormon discussions does his fame spread?

Ok that is not a completely fair question. He has a internet thing a majig where people comment about his comments and on that thing a ma jig he has repeated some views about fine tuning at least four times.

Well there is some anoying sounding book," Offenders for a word" I noticed he generally does not approve of critics of the church. Seems to me to be a rather normal Mormon feeling.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

I just looked it up and as a point of comparison, cardboard can be recycled 5-7 times.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

Kishkumen
Seedy Academician

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:27 am
I just looked it up and as a point of comparison, cardboard can be recycled 5-7 times.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Gadianton's analysis is superior to mine. I bow to his success and close my mouth.

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:01 pm
Gadianton's analysis is superior to mine. I bow to his success and close my mouth.
Never feel bad, Gadianton is that superior to at least 99% of us!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

not true at all, Philo. I do spend more time at the dump than most people though.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Shameful, but predictable.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Tom
God

Post by Tom »

I must confess that I am occasionally amused by recycled posts. For example, in February 2018 the Sic et Non proprietor posted an excerpt from his book, Abraham Divided:https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... art-5.html

The reader will note that this particular item was posted from Laie, Oahu, Hawaii.

Yesterday, a similar item was published, complete with the note that it was posted from Laie, Oahu, Hawaii: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... atics.html. (It also has content from another February 2018 post: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... art-4.html.)

I assume that the blog proprietor is not currently in Hawaii. Dr. Midgley’s comment is amusing: “If one has noticed that Dan posted his blog from Laie, Oahu, Hawai’i, one can suspect that he might even be again giving the language of the indigenous people of that currently expensive tourist trap some attention.”
“A scholar said he could not read the Book of Mormon, so we shouldn’t be shocked that scholars say the papyri don’t translate and/or relate to the Book of Abraham. Doesn’t change anything. It’s ancient and historical.” ~ Hanna Seariac

Everybody Wang Chung
God

Tom,

That is hilarious!

Thanks to you, Sic et Non has now removed the reference to Laie, Oahu, Hawaii.

Sic et Non and the Interpreter really should be paying you a consulting fee.

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

This is actually very problematic for the Mopologists. I mean, has anyone clued poor Dr. Midgley into the fact that DCP was just recycling old articles? In doing so, he's made Midgley look like a doddering old ass--a dotard, if you will. DCP's lying is now beginning to burn his own alleged "friends." Absolutely shameful.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Funny enough, he had a bit to say about the article the first time around:

LM: "I very much enjoyed this little item. For reasons I cannot explain I had to giggle while reading it. Trying to figure out tithing in Roman numerals!"

I guess he didn't enjoy it enough to remember it a year and change later.