DCP Wonders if Dr. Shades is a "bigot"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Re: DCP Wonders if Dr. Shades is a "bigot"

Post by _Gadianton »

I think you might be right about that. Now that I think about it, he revealed some things that would be hard to account for if he were insincere.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:26 pm
I think you might be right about that. Now that I think about it, he revealed some things that would be hard to account for if he were insincere.
Forgive me, but who may be right about what? (I'm looking at the thread title and dreading to whom and what you may be referring.)
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

The Rev. might be right that WD isn't the trolling type.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:09 am
The Rev. might be right that Water Dog isn't the trolling type.
Thanks. Whew!
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dr. Peterson wrote: No, the well-being of my country is not more important to me than my principles -- the principles that I believe to be essential to its well-being. I said absolutely nothing about either parties or party lines.
Yeah, watch out, Dr. Peterson! You've been warned about discussing politics!
I think the warning from the donors arose because Dr. Peterson was letting his values come before funding. The SeN donors wished for a value-free forum that would not comprise their value-free support of Trump, which runs contrary to the good values of the LDS Church. The well-being is his country takes a back seat to SeN funding. Wish Dr. Peterson was allowed to speak his mind. I suspect the desire to do good as described by Jesus would supercede even his comraderie with libertarianism.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

moksha wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:55 am
Yeah, watch out, Dr. Peterson! You've been warned about discussing politics!
I think the warning from the donors arose because Dr. Peterson was letting his values come before funding. The SeN donors wished for a value-free forum that would not comprise their value-free support of Trump, which runs contrary to the good values of the LDS Church. The well-being is his country takes a back seat to SeN funding. Wish Dr. Peterson was allowed to speak his mind. I suspect the desire to do good as described by Jesus would supercede even his comraderie with libertarianism.
I'm not sure that Shades deserves the term bigot, by the way, though maybe he does. Certainly some of the people to whom he's given a public platform deserve it (among other very negative descriptors).
Dr. Peterson might be referring to posters like Smokey and Pahoran.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace