Louis Midgley boasts about using privilege to delay military departure by two weeks

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
I have a question
God

Louis Midgley boasts about using privilege to delay military departure by two weeks

Post by I have a question »

I just happen to have gone to what is strangely called "high school"--East High School to be exact--with Bob Bennett and then to--gasp--the University of Utah, both at the same time. So I knew Senator Bennett when he was, like me, just a dumb kid. My father rented his own office from, Wallace Bennett, Bob Bennett's father, also a United States Senator. The Bennett Paint and Glass office building was located on the west side of 2nd South between West Temple and Main Street in Salt Lake City. My father's engineering business--known as Midgley-Huber--used part of the second floor of Bennett office building. After my father built his own office building, Sunstone used that same office space.

Senator Wallace Bennett once did a nice favor for me. I had been drafted into the US Army and was just finishing up clerk typist school at Fort Ord. This place has now become a California State Park. We were approaching Christmas as the cadre wanted to ship us out, but without the usual leave, so that they could have a two week leave. I phoned my father and told him that I would not be coming home, and he phoned Senator Wallace Bennett, who phoned the Defence Department, and someone there phoned Fort Ord just as we were about to be given orders to be sent to Camp Kilmer to board a ship for Germany.

As our orders were being passed out to us, someone came out of the headquarters. of course with a stream of profanity, announcing that we were being given a leave, just as I had been promising everyone. Right then and there, for a few moments at least, I instantly became a heroic figure merely because my Father knew Senator Wallace Bennett.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

Philo Sofee
God

Re: Louis Midgley boasts about using privilege to delay military departure by two weeks

Post by Philo Sofee »

Sure, sure....... I wonder what the real story actually is......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

moksha
God

Re: Louis Midgley boasts about using privilege to delay military departure by two weeks

Post by moksha »

It was a shame that Senator Bennett lost to that donkey's behind we know as Mike Lee. So Midgley had been bragging to his fellow soldiers ahead of time that the fix was in, eh? The corollary to that story was everybody looked to him with newfound admiration in the clerk typist pool from that point forward.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace