Kwaku El - the Young/Dumb state of Mormon apologetics

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Kwaku El - the Young/Dumb state of Mormon apologetics

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Well, I guess Louis “peckerhead” Midgley calling a poster on Dan “who me?” Peterson’s vanity blog ‘sludge’ is a real olive branch isn’t it? It’s a quantum leap, I suppose, to go from sludge to human garbage, but here we are.

- Doc

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Hi DAN!

Ammon Bundy
Nursery

Post by Ammon Bundy »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:52 pm
moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:35 pm
Wonder if Kwaku can blend his comedy with the new emerging Dez-Nat apologetics?
I'd love to see it, kinda like Lou Midgley meets Ammon Bundy meets open mic guy at the Provo Denny's.

Don't be ridickulus.

God bless ya Brother Midgley. And God bless these United States of America.
It will ultimately create a war among the people, and this is an effort, a peaceful effort, to make sure that war never comes. To ensure there is not a war between the government and the people. And if we do this correctly now, we can make sure that peace will reign in this country. – Ammon Bundy

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:22 am
Hi DAN!

That is too funny. Thanks for the laugh, Shulem!

Temp. Admin.
Deacon

Post by Temp. Admin. »

(Dr. Shades here, posting under our "Temp. Admin." account.)
Lemmie wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:32 am
It should be clear that I'm no fan of Peterson, but I haven't seen him calling anyone "human garbage".
No, just human wrecks. And cockroaches. And decaying meat-wads. And that being gay is a birth defect. And referring to people who now that they are dead are surely, said with a paternal chuckle, getting an education in their mistakes. He’s also mentioned that Jews should lighten up because it’s not like they have that many friends in the world. Etc, etc, etc.
In FAIRness, those first three accusations came from the Lounatic, not Dan Peterson.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:43 pm
(Dr. Shades here, posting under our "Temp. Admin." account.)
Lemmie wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:32 am
No, just human wrecks. And cockroaches. And decaying meat-wads. And that being gay is a birth defect. And referring to people who now that they are dead are surely, said with a paternal chuckle, getting an education in their mistakes. He’s also mentioned that Jews should lighten up because it’s not like they have that many friends in the world. Etc, etc, etc.
In FAIRness, those first three accusations came from the Lounatic, not Dan Peterson.
In MoreGood FAIRness, I’ll have to disagree with you. Peterson goads the Lounatic on, but he’s the one who regularly posts the human wreck quote, and he’s also referred to people as cockroaches and meat-wads, although he does usually add some gemli-made-me-do-it type of slimy disclaimer. If anything I prefer Lou-lou’s straightforward bullying to the dishonesty of Peterson’s passive aggressive manipulations.

Most High
Nursery

Post by Most High »

Physics Guy wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:50 am
I don't think someone should have to be a Fred Rogers just to be safe from vitriol around here. It should be clear that I'm no fan of Peterson, but I haven't seen him calling anyone "human garbage". If he used to do that for decades then he must have reformed. The kind of abuse he gets here from some isn't just carelessly measured. It's wildly far beyond anything I've seen Peterson say to anyone.

He and his crazier buddies may well see themselves as soldiers in some kind of spiritual war, but I can't buy that as an excuse for behaving much worse than they do. And if these self-styled Mormon paladins are childish enough to do things like smuggle moronic insults in Bible code into supposedly scholarly essays, land sakes, guys: can't you see that you're playing into their hands and enabling their fantasy?

You're not calling them out. You're only setting them up. If it's a tactic designed to egg them on to make fools of themselves to a wider audience, then I think it's flawed by the fact that there's no wide audience watching them anyway. And I suspect they don't really need the egging on, either.
You have some good points Physics Guy!

I think that the effect of the insults that some people on this board direct towards Daniel Peterson is not that third parties change their opinion of him, nor that he himself is struck by the insults, but that a) Peterson can use these examples to show how "evil and stupid" some exmormons are, bolstering his own persecution complex and b) that otherwise relevant critisisms of Petersons apologetics will diminish between the bold capital letters of the insults. In other words, you are in reality doing the apologetic community a favor by childish and derogatory behavior towards Peterson.

This does not mean that I in any way condone of Petersons behavior and apologetics over the years, as he has hurt a LOT of people during his LDS crusades. Maby you can understand what I mean if I use the current Trump situation as an example. Imagine two discussions between Trump and an imaginary person, where in one, the person discusses with Trump like a rational human being (ignoring Trump's rhetorical methods), and in the other you have the same person discuss with Trump, using the same rhetorical methods as Trump. In which situation do you think that the person in the discussion will communicate most effectively (not to Trump, but to the observers)?

Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Kwaku El is at it again with another mask free party of around 150 people cramped into a small space:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50014757/la ... ise-at-BYU
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

Simon Southerton
Area Authority

Post by Simon Southerton »

Even reported in the BYU Universe. Will there be any disciplinary action? I very much doubt it.
https://universe.BYU.edu/2020/09/05/you ... f-classes/
LDS apologetics --> "It's not the crime, it's the cover-up, which creates the scandal."
"Bigfoot is a crucial part of the ecosystem, if he exists. So let's all help keep Bigfoot possibly alive for future generations to enjoy, unless he doesn't exist." - Futurama

Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:52 pm
Kwaku El is at it again with another mask free party of around 150 people cramped into a small space:

https://www.ksl.com/article/50014757/la ... ise-at-BYU
Stake President Wang Chung: Did you see this bizarre posting on "Sic et Non," which was about Kwaku's party? The post is actually titled, "Regarding the Young/Dumb at BYU, and Watermelons," and includes these concluding paragraphs:
Nor were ancient people in West Africa, where the watermelon as we know it seems to have originated. It appears to have been cultivated in the Nile Valley from at least sometime early in the second millennium BC, and watermelon seeds have been recovered from the Eighteenth Dynasty tomb of Tutankhamun as well as from various earlier sites all the way back to the Twelfth Dynasty. They have also been found at the ancient sites of Bab edh-Dhra and Tel Arad, near the Dead Sea.

By the seventh century after Christ, watermelon was being cultivated on the Indian subcontinent. By the tenth century, it had reached China. By AD 961, as a result of the Arab conquest of the Iberian Peninsula, it was being grown in Córdoba, and there is solid evidence of its presence in Seville by AD 1158. It spread northwards into southern Europe and, after 1492, was brought by the Conquistadores and later colonists (and, subsequently, by West African slaves) to the New World.

Something to think about, perhaps, when you’re contentedly eating a tasty watermelon on a warm late-summer evening.
If/when there is another of these parties, should we expect a "Sic et Non" post that reflects on the meaning and deliciousness of fried chicken?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Scratch,

Thanks for that link. I’m at a loss for words. Surely DCP is aware of the racist history/stereotype of associating African Americans and watermelon.

From Wikipedia: “Southern whites, threatened by blacks' newfound freedom, responded by making the fruit a symbol of black people's perceived uncleanliness, laziness, childishness and unwanted public presence.[2] Watermelons have been viewed as a major symbol in the iconography of racism in the United States.[3]”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watermelon_stereotype

Is this DCP’s racist way of scolding Kwaku El? What in the hell is DCP thinking? Posts like this are one of the many reasons DCP has been called the Grand Dragon of Mopology. DCP’s racism knows no bounds.

Folks, you can’t make this stuff up.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:24 pm
Is this DCP’s racist way of scolding Kwaku El? What in the hell is DCP thinking? Posts like this are one of the many reasons DCP has been called the Grand Dragon of Mopology. DCP’s racism knows no bounds.

Folks, you can’t make this stuff up.
Sometimes a watermelon can just be a watermelon. "Hey, what is that underneath your waistband, a watermelon?"
Dr. Peterson slapping the dangerous entrepreneurism of Kwaku up the side of the head, need not be with a watermelon.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace