Elder Gong "hears" Jesus -- so does Ballard!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
Son of Perdition

Elder Gong "hears" Jesus -- so does Ballard!

Post by Shulem »

How We Can “Hear Him” during Times of Loneliness

Gong wrote:All of us have experienced times of loneliness and isolation. This era of social distancing has brought a new sense of isolation that many of us never experienced before.
In other words, I'm feeling lonely and isolated. I need help.
Gong wrote:You and I can use this unique time as an opportunity to “hear Him.”
In other words, there has never been a better time in order to try and hear Jesus.
Gong wrote:In the past few weeks, one of the things that I’ve felt very deeply, and in a new way, is the Lord’s voice through the scriptures.
In other words, I've got nothing better to do other than read scriptures all day.
Gong wrote:This understanding brings enhanced meaning to the new Church symbol President Nelson announced at general conference.
In other words, I know that Jesus in a Jar lives.
Gong wrote:The new Church symbol reminds me that you and I are never truly isolated or alone, because we have access to the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ
In other words, I have access to Jesus just like I have to the one in the jar.

Gong wrote:During this period of social distancing and COVID-19, I have felt the Savior beckon, “I see you. I know you. I love you.”
In other words, I feel that Jesus sees me but I don't see him.
Gong wrote:When you truly know that He sees you, He knows you, and He loves you, you can understand that you are not isolated.
In other words, I don't have to feel isolated just because I can't see Jesus.
Gong wrote:You could never be isolated, because you have a knowledge of and a relationship with the living Son of God.
In other words, I have a relationship with my invisible friend in whom I've never seen but I don't want others to know that so I'll pretend to hear him.
Last edited by Shulem on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Re: Elder Gerrit W. Gong "hears" Jesus

Post by Shulem »

Gong testifies in April 2020 Conference
Gong wrote:With you, at this Easter season, I testify of God, our Eternal Father, and His Beloved Son, the living Jesus Christ. Mortal men were cruelly crucified and later resurrected. But only the living Jesus Christ in His perfect resurrected form still bears the marks of crucifixion in His hands, feet, and side. Only He can say, “I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands.”
Mr. Gong is simply referring to scripture and what others have said. All hearsay.

Has Gong seen Jesus?

Has Gong felt the prints of the nails in his hand and feet?

How hardly! In Gong's next breath he reveals that he himself is somewhat of a beginner and if you read between the lines you get the idea that he's never seen Jesus:
Gong wrote:Like little Ivy and her violin, we are in some ways still beginning. Truly, “eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” In these times, we can learn much of God’s goodness and our divine potential for God’s love to grow in us as we seek Him and reach out to each other. In new ways and new places, we can do and become, line upon line, kindness upon kindness, individually and together.
In other words, Gong is a beginner just like little Ivy. His eye hath not seen Jesus. But Gong says he's growing and seeking and looking forward to what's to come. It's clear to me that Gong has not seen Jesus. His false testimony of a living Christ and wounds in the hands and feet are taken from what others have said. Hearsay!

Poor Gong. He's not seen Jesus.

:lol:

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Dear Elder Gong,

It's been a little over two years since President NelSatan called you to be a Mormon apostle of the Church. How does it feel to have been in that position for two years without having received that special witness wherein you get to SEE Jesus and witness his resurrection first hand by seeing his immortal body and the wounds in his hands and feet?

You do realize, Elder Gong (your name rhymes with Cheech & Chong), you're behind the times and you need to get your witness soon so you can stand up and be a real apostle. If you're having a worthiness issue, please, by all means see your bishop! When's the last time you masturbated?

Best wishes in seeing Jesus, someday.

Shulem

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Reading more and more. You know there is an old spiritual exercise, silence. Even if it does not fill your head with doctrines it helps to make fewer speeches for Shulem to complain about.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:49 pm
Reading more and more. You know there is an old spiritual exercise, silence. Even if it does not fill your head with doctrines it helps to make fewer speeches for Shulem to complain about.
Well, my friend, let us enjoy what we have:

:smile:

Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence

Grace and beauty.

I have a question
God

Post by I have a question »

All of us have experienced times of loneliness and isolation. This era of social distancing has brought a new sense of isolation that many of us never experienced before. I have grown to understand that while we may be physically distant from each other, we do not have to be spiritually distant from Jesus Christ. You and I can use this unique time as an opportunity to “hear Him.”
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ins ... s?lang=eng

The inverted commas uses around "hear Him" should be enough to tell you he is going to spend a lot of time talking about things other than the sound of Jesus speaking. It's a talk about confirmation bias, about ascribing sensations to an entity you want to believe in regardless of what actually generated those sensations. Hey, I burped, that's Jesus talking. Or at least it could be if I apply Gong's methodology.

When Paul H. Dunn spoke, the congregation "heated Him", and Dunn was lying out of his ass at the time. I wonder how Gong would explain that...

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Elder Gong was called to be an apostle in April of 2018. No doubt he was excited about his new calling as a special witness and must have wondered how it would affect him as he begins to bear witness to the world in his new calling. So, this is how he begins his first talk as an apostle:
Gong wrote:Dear brothers and sisters, when our sons were very young, I told them bedtime stories about beagle puppies and hummed bedtime hymns, including “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today.”
Gong starts his new career as an apostle by talking about telling bedtimes stories. Puppy dog tails, sugar and spice, and every thing nice. That sort of thing. Then, in the next breath, Gong talks about how excited he is to be an apostle:
Gong wrote:Words—at least my words—cannot express the overwhelming feelings since President Russell M. Nelson lovingly took my hands in his, my dear Susan at my side, and extended this sacred call from the Lord that took my breath away and has left me weeping many times these past days.
Gong goes on to testify about how there are modern prophets, the Book of Mormon witness, and the promise of the second coming of Christ. But he also testifies of the "living reality of God" wherein he assures his listeners that God lives.
Gong wrote:Everything worthy and eternal is centered in the living reality of God, our loving Eternal Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, and His Atonement, witnessed by the Holy Ghost. This is Easter Sunday. I reverently witness and solemnly testify of the living Christ—He who “died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven.”
My question for elder Gong is simple. Never mind the witness of the Holy Ghost in bearing testimony in your claim of the living reality of Jesus and his bodily resurrection; but rather, I ask you, Gong: Have you seen Jesus?

I'm pretty sure his answer would be a negative, "No".

I have a question
God

Post by I have a question »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:41 am
My question for elder Gong is simple. Never mind the witness of the Holy Ghost in bearing testimony in your claim of the living reality of Jesus and his bodily resurrection; but rather, I ask you, Gong: Have you seen Jesus?

I'm pretty sure his answer would be a negative, "No".
I'm pretty sure his answer would be along the lines of these lyrics from Genesis "Your Own Special Way"...
Who's seen the wind, not you or I
But when the ship moves, she's passing by

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Hold your horses -- everyone knows that elder GONG is a total lightweight and one who hasn't seen Jesus. His testimony is pretty much void. But there is another, one far greater and more forceful in bearing testimony.

The mighty APOSTLE, Bruce R McConkie testified to the world that he knew Jesus lived. However, his last talk seems to be a silent confession that he did not get to see Jesus in this life. Poor Bruce, during his last moments on earth, he revealed that he had not seen Jesus but that would have to wait till another day.

The Purifying Power of Gethsemane
McConkie wrote:I testify that he is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself independent of any other person.

I am one of his witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears.

But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God’s Almighty Son,
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas! But for now, Bruce has to wait for "a coming day" to sink his hands into Jesus's wounds.

Poor Bruce, he has to wait till the next life in order to feel those marks in his hands and feet. Bear in mind, he can't do that as a spirit person because a spirit can't handle Jesus's resurrected body but Bruce will have to wait till his own resurrection before he can finally feel those prints from the nails.

Bottom line: Bruce confessed he had not witnessed the resurrected Lord or felt his body like the apostles claimed they did in the bible. So, if McConkie didn't get to see Jesus, it's obvious that Gong won't either.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Gong's second conference talk as a newly called apostle "Our Campfire of Faith", begins by by kissing President NelSatan's feet.
Gong wrote:Dear brothers and sisters, isn’t it marvelous to receive continuing revelation from heaven through President Russell M. NelSatan and our Church leaders that invites us to live in new and holier ways, at home and at church, with all our heart, mind, and strength?
"New and holier ways"?

Apparently these new ways endorsed by NelSatan are more holier than Monson's and Hinkley's old ways. That's pretty much what Gong is saying as he kisses NelSatan's ass looking for brownie points (no pun intended).

Monson and Hinckley have been thrown under the bus as the Church enters a new era of more holiness than ever before. Gordon must be rolling in his grave!

Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

"Hear Him" as a marketing campaign fits well with recent moves to emphasize Jesus Christ. It seems a calculated risk.

Compared with other recent campaigns, such as "Raising the Bar" and "Hastening the Work", which were very specifically targeted to Mormom missionary work, I think even LDS leaders would have to agree that "Hear Him" applies generically to any Christian sect, or for that matter to religiously independent admirers of Christ.

If that is the point -- to spread more of the goodness of Jesus in the world -- then I feel it's a laudable effort. A calculated risk, because of course what leaders want people to "Hear" is the voice of Christ encouraging hearers to embrace Mormonism and adhere to its model of Christianity.

I wonder how LDS leaders might react if a grassroots social media movement were to embrace "Hear Him" by sharing stories about how the voice of Christ led in other directions, away from the LDS church.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

"Hear Him"

Hear what? Christ or the leaders of today's Mormon Church? The leaders are more concerned about the members hearing the leaders more so than the members hearing Jesus for themselves. Elder Gong continues his ministry in April of 2019 talking about hearing but here we must be reminded that those who heard also SAW Jesus for themselves unlike today:
Gong wrote:Our Savior told His New Testament disciples, “Other sheep I have, which are not of this fold.” In the Americas, the resurrected Lord testified to Lehi’s covenant children, “Ye are my sheep.” And Jesus said yet other sheep would hear His voice.
Those who heard Jesus in both continents got to not only HEAR Jesus but they also got to SEE him. That is a far greater witness then members of the Church have today as they listen to regurgitated testimonies from apostles who never actually claim to SEE Christ. In other words, today's witness is inferior to the superior witness of old times.

But in this very instance Gong continues:
Gong wrote:Jesus Christ invites the Church to receive all who hear His voice
Let's be clear that the Jews and the Nephites got to "HEAR" his voice and SEE him. Today's faithful get neither! This business of hearing his voice is like the wind or a shadow that can't be proven or verified. In other words, Gong is nothing more than a salesman with no actual goods other than cheap promises of something to come.

I contend that you don't need Jesus. Even more so, you don't need the Church.

Keep your money and don't get taken!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:17 am
I think even LDS leaders would have to agree that "Hear Him" applies generically to any Christian sect, or for that matter to religiously independent admirers of Christ.
If what the member hears doesn't agree with what the leaders hear then that means you never really heard anything from Jesus. It's some other voice. Perhaps Satan or your own wishful thinking. If you're out of step with what the leaders hear then you are deaf.

In other words, you must hear what the leaders want you to hear. So, think about what they want you to hear until you hear it!

Hagoth
Valiant B

Post by Hagoth »

I heard Jesus: "Come down from their cross and get the hell out of here, man!"
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Elder Gong light my Bong!

See Jesus. Hear Jesus.

Meet me, Jesus, meet me!

Oh meet me in the middle of the air!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

I hear Jesus, Elder Bong.

He's in my head.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Ballard baby "hears" Jesus

Post by Shulem »

And now for a bonus!

Russy Ballard hears Jesus too! That's right kiddies!

I'm not making this up. This is real Church drivel reported here: How I Hear Him in Still and Quiet Moments
Ballard wrote:Receiving revelation only comes, at least in my case, when I have those still and quiet moments. I have found I cannot connect with heaven in a mass of clutter.
Ding, ding, ding! Ballard "ONLY" gets revelation when he quietly heads off to his private retreat and entreats or begs the Lord to make him think he's getting a revelation. It's all on Ballard's schedule and in Ballard's way -- he ONLY get's the revelations when he thinks he's ready to get them in his personal quiet moments. Thus, the Lord's hands are tied. No sending revelations out in the open at odd moments and especially if there is any noise or distractions in the background. It must be in Ballard's way according to Ballard's expectations. This is how Ballard pretends to revelation as he makes it all up in his own mind. The Lord must conform to Ballard's way and cannot -- never -- never ever -- send a revelation if Ballard's mind is not perfectly quiet having no distractions whatsoever. Sorry Lord, you'll have to wait till Ballard is ready. And whispers only, please.

Voila, it's a revelation!

Time to quiet my mind so I can get a real revelation just like they did in the bible.

Craig Paxton
God

Re: Elder Gong "hears" Jesus -- so does Ballard!

Post by Craig Paxton »

Hearing voices in your head is a symptom of schizophrenia.
"...The official doctrine of the LDS Church is a Global Flood" - BCSpace

"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Gong & Ballard are like a pair of jokers. They call themselves apostles, but, apostles of what? Hearing voices in their heads that are mere impressions and feelings? This is a far cry from what the apostles of the bible had to declare. When they saw the Lord they made it known. They testified. In fact, you didn't have to be a so-called apostle just to see the Lord! Ain't that right Jersey Girl? You're a Christian, I think.
John wrote:Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
When you "see the Lord" you're expected to make it known -- to testify, to witness, and make it known to everyone that you've seen the Lord. That's practically a biblical mandate.
John wrote:The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord.
Gong & Ballard really need to take a lesson from the bible and realize that when you "see the Lord" you need to make it known and let the world know you are a witness.
Acts wrote:But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.
Seeing the Lord is not something that should be kept under a bushel or kept private. It should be proclaimed on the housetops and published abroad -- "I HAVE SEEN THE LORD".
1 Cor wrote:After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
It's safe to say that Gong & Ballard have NOT seen the Lord. None of the Mormon apostles have seen the Lord. They like to get up and look extra holy and chosen when in reality they are nothing more than used car salesmen trying to make a buck and talking about imaginative voices in their heads.

Gong & Ballard: I personally accuse you of having NOT seen the Lord! You're not apostles. You're not special witnesses like you say. You are liars for the Lord!

:twisted:

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Stop talking about hearing me in your thoughts and impressions. Come forward and SEE me if you wanna be a real apostle!

I'm the Son of Mary!

Reach hither thine finger and feel my navel.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

First Presidency reaction in hearing elder Gong has NOT seen Jesus!

First Presidency reacts when asked if they have seen Jesus!