Does TBM need redefining?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
kairos
God

Does TBM need redefining?

Post by kairos »

My narrow definition of TBM " One who believes without doubt that Joseph Smith saw the Father and the Son,the Book of Mormon is true and is based on history, Nelson is God's PSR on the earth today and am loyal and obedient to whatever he says about anything"

your take?

kairos
God

Re: Does TBM need redefining?

Post by kairos »

OK does TBM mean to you!

thanx
k

I have a question
God

Post by I have a question »

TBM - A member who will unquestioningly believe anything the Prophet says today, even if it completely contradicts what he said yesterday.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

I liked the original True Blue Mormons, from back in the day when emulating the Druids meant something what with the restoration of all things.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

When I think of TBM's, I think of so many church cheerleaders I've come across over the years, where team, to them, is more important than reality. These aspire to one day join the cheerleading squad over at Interpreter or the junior squad at MD&D. These have Q15 screensavers and BofM wallpapers.

Go, fight, win, team Mormon! BYU won the national championship back in the day and so the church is true! Romney can still save the constitution!
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:56 am
When I think of TBM's, I think of so many church cheerleaders I've come across over the years, where team, to them, is more important than reality. These aspire to one day join the cheerleading squad over at Interpreter or the junior squad at MD&D. These have Q15 screensavers and BofM wallpapers.

Go, fight, win, team Mormon! BYU won the national championship back in the day and so the church is true! Romney can still save the constitution!
Oh what a stroll down memory lane...... that used to be just sooooooooooo me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

"obedient to whatever he says about anything"

Are you sure?, seems like a real stretch to me. Are there really people that locked in? Seems like there would be a large portion of active Mormons fitting the first pieces but not really this last bit.

Just my limited impressions.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

A TBM can see the fiery tendrills of Satan emerging from a dalgona boba coffee. The fiery tendrills whip around grabbing the helpless TBMs by the wrist, and force the hand to bring this devil's brew to the pure and untainted lips. Oh the horror and ignominy of this vile brew, rendering the brain open to new and uncorrelated ideas. Within a few sips, the TBMs will need intensive reprogramming if they are ever to return to full fellowship.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Dr LOD
Deacon

Post by Dr LOD »

moksha wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:12 am
A TBM can see the fiery tendrills of Satan emerging from a dalgona boba coffee. The fiery tendrills whip around grabbing the helpless TBMs by the wrist, and force the hand to bring this devil's brew to the pure and untainted lips. Oh the horror and ignominy of this vile brew, rendering the brain open to new and uncorrelated ideas. Within a few sips, the TBMs will need intensive reprogramming if they are ever to return to full fellowship.
Maybe that is what our stake presidents son was seeing coming off our Keurig when he came over with one of my kids the other day.

msnobody
Holy Ghost

Post by msnobody »

Maybe that is what our stake presidents son was seeing coming off our Keurig when he came over with one of my kids the other day.
You just reminded me of the looks I got from the children when I wore pants to Sacrament meeting.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV