Kiwi57 tells the truth about Packer

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Kiwi57 tells the truth about Packer

Post by _Gadianton »

I apologize to my peers as there have been a couple remarks about this already, but I can't recall the threads and so I'm starting a new one. DCP, in his lifetime commitment to troll the Internet, recently paid tribute to Boyd K. Packer as a fantastic guy. Of course he was fantastic! We know this not because of the many great things he did, but because he showed interest in DCP, calling him on the telephone immediately when those in his employ suggested it would be weeks before a young DCP would receive the phone call!

But more astounding than the blog proprietor's geocentricism is Kiwi57's thirst for conflict. within minutes, if not seconds of the opening blog post, Kiwi57 responds. In fact, he's first to respond:
Kiwi57 wrote:President Packer was a target of the Church's enemies probably more than any other man since Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. Which is a very sound reason to trust him.
And boy, did he roll a strike for the Mopologists, securing no less than 14 upvotes!

But the Mopologist perspective is short-sighted. Consider the wisdom of Lao Tzu:
Lao Tzu wrote:When the Master governs, the people are hardly aware that he exists. Next best is a leader who is loved. Next, one who is feared. The worst is one who is despised.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Kiwi57 tells the truth about Packer

Post by _moksha »

This helps distinguish the Interpreter crew as the true Mormon hardliners worthy of the Mantle, as opposed to those Maxwellians who deposed them. Those Maxwellians with their "so-called" scholarliness probably prefer Christ-like tendencies in their favorite Church Authorities.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Lest we ever forget the pinnacle of Packer's Apostleship...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7mAyAypQo

The Little Factory
_Symmachus
_Emeritus

Post by _Symmachus »

Kiwi57 wrote:President Packer was a target of the Church's enemies probably more than any other man since Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. Which is a very sound reason to trust him.
What a slight to McConkie, who battled not only intellectuals, feminists, and those of the same-sex persuasion but also polygamists at time when murder wasn't beyond their list of acceptable theological arguments. And McConkie also fought loyally to maintain Joe Smith Crow in the Priesthood.
But the Mopologist perspective is short-sighted. Consider the wisdom of Lao Tzu:
Lao Tzu wrote:When the Master governs, the people are hardly aware that he exists. Next best is a leader who is loved. Next, one who is feared. The worst is one who is despised.
I can't say I follow too closely. Which was one was Packer? In any case, it is amazing to me how quickly these guys, literally adored in their offices, are forgotten the minute the cold hand of death asks for the sure sign of the nail. Mormons really do worship the office more than the person in it, but they go to unexpected lengths to give the appearance of worshiping the person.
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

It's not so much which one Packer was, but how the apologists perceive him. The fact that his greatness is impressed upon the mind of Mopologetics first and foremost by the hostility of members and ex-members who were offended by him, is psychologically fascinating.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:48 pm
It's not so much which one Packer was, but how the apologists perceive him. The fact that his greatness is impressed upon the mind of Mopologetics first and foremost by the hostility of members and ex-members who were offended by him, is psychologically fascinating.
The prophet and founder of the Moonies on this tack needs to be taken seriously by Mormons, something we all know simply will never happen. :lol:
Mormons will Morm........ :rolleyes:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."