The Peterson/Midgley Obsession Board? No, Their Hypocrisy Observed Board

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

The Peterson/Midgley Obsession Board? No, Their Hypocrisy Observed Board

Post by _Philo Sofee »

We aren't obsessed with Dan Tweedle Dee Peterson and Lou-nacy "Tweedel Dumb Midgley. We are demonstrating with the evidence presented from these two morons themselves, that the elevated status and egotistical approach to religion, humanity, history, and especially the ideology of Mormonism these two claim to believe and live is all just fake news. They take it personally every time they get refuted, which is literally without exaggeration, every single day. Their arrogance and chutzpah over and with every social issue and scriptural interpretation is always unnacceptably over the top and I think, would really be embarrassing for Mormon leadership, if they were aware of its non stop streaming daily full of hate, mockery and rudeness to anyone who doesn't think like them and come to their pet conclusions, they would be shut up as their "missionary method" cannot possibly be causing as many people to join Mormonism as leave it.

They are hypocrites with out of control egos. And they constantly point out they are not a problem. This message board is showing the complete contrary. We are not angry with these two clowns, we pity them. If this is all Mormonism is capable of producing in people, then it is bankrupt morally, spiritually and psychologically. It has no attraction. And yes, the world deserves to have this truth, not based on heresay, or gossip, but with their own communications with hundreds of people on Peterson's blog Sic et Non. No other Mormon grown ups and scholars have this kind of pressure because no other Mormon adults act so petulant with name calling and snide, arrogant attitudes. One would like to think Mormonism has taken that out of them, but the jury is not in their favor. What else could it possibly be as they are completely saturated with it and its ideology with every post and comment on that poor boorish blog? They are its fruits. They are consumed with their own rightness and righteousness that they are blind to their own foul odor. And it offends them when they are reminded of it daily because they spread their own Mormon stink to all others.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: The Peterson/Midgley Obsession Board? No, Their Hypocrisy Observed Board

Post by _moksha »

Did you see this SeN article? https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... -them.html

It features a past letter by Kerry.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr LOD
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr LOD »

moksha wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 am
Did you see this SeN article? https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... -them.html

It features a past letter by Kerry.
In a simple post showing that he does have friends. DCP gives a fine example of personality disorder level behavior.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

“We are demonstrating with the evidence presented from these two morons themselves, that the elevated status and egotistical approach to religion, humanity, history, and especially the ideology of Mormonism these two claim to believe and live is all just fake news. They take it personally every time they get refuted, which is literally without exaggeration, every single day.”

Absolutely. For example, from r/exmo today did you know this was a thing?

https://ibb.co/25pj2Ds

And it’s the apologists that come up with insulting things like what this user points out:

“[–]NakuNaru 7 points 2 hours ago

This blows me away. From the article:

“As Latter-day Saints, we tend to assume that the heavens were sealed until the Sacred Grove appearance in 1820 and that the Restoration didn't really begin until Moroni tutored Joseph and subsequently gave him the plates in 1827. But that isn't entirely true.“

I was a teenager in the 90s and I never heard anything closely resembling this. In fact we were explicitly taught the exact opposite. I remember that in seminary every once in a while when the restoration came up, we were always taught that the Joseph Smith First vision was a special event, that God had finally opened the Heavens.

I wonder where we tend to assume that Joseph Smith was special and was the only one capable of receiving revelation from God?...........”

People like Whinin’ Lou Midgley and Dowsing Dan have “lived charmed lives” peddling their philosophies of men mingled with scripture, always throwing sand in people’s eyes, and getting bent out of shape when called on their BS. They’re such victims! But, yes, we’re the ones with the problem pointing it out and taking notice that the people who’ve been paid a handsome sum over the years to lie and obfuscate on behalf of a multi-billion dollar corporation is somehow a problem. It feels like someone bitching about people talking about Trump lying, as if we’re the real problem.

- Doc
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

The post about Kerry is pretty telling when one takes into context Dr. Moore and the agreement DCP breached. Is DCP looking for some reaction here? Sure looks like it. Is he looking to thumb his nose at Dr. Moore? Sure looks like it. How quickly do you think DCP will deny the above? Instantaneously is my guess.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen