Dan Peterson Allows the "N-Word" on "SeN" during Floyd Protests

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Physics Guy
God

Re: Dan Peterson Allows the "N-Word" on "SeN" during Floyd Protests

Post by Physics Guy »

The problem of American racism isn't that black people are being treated unfairly. As Peterson rightly points out, lots of people are treated unfairly.

But nobody is protesting about black people in America being treated unfairly.

The problem of American racism is that black people are being treated unfairly to an outrageous degree that regularly runs as far as murder by state authorities. The matter of degree is the entire reason why people are protesting.

How the hell has Peterson not twigged to that?
Last edited by Physics Guy on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:59 pm

As for "Mopologist" as a term--I'm glad to consider other options, but "Mopologist" has a lot of definitional value, I think. You can't just say "apologist," because that lumps these guys in with *all* apologists, including non-LDS apologists, like C.S. Lewis. As much as they'd like to be compared to him, it just doesn't make sense. So why not "Mormon Apologists," then? Well, again: that lumps them in with people like Richard Bushman and Teryl Givens, who just don't behave the way they do. (Exhibit A, at the moment, would be Midgley's weird fixation on Gina Colvin.) So, Mopologists is a useful term because you instantly know what it refers to: defenders of Mormonism who behave in rancid ways. This includes Peterson and Midgley, obviously, but also people like Kiwi, Greg Smith, John Gee, Allen Wyatt, and quite a few others. Is the term "offensive"? I don't think it is: it's descriptive. If it's "offensive," it's because the people it refers to are "offensive" in their behavior.
Doctor Scratch, I see you make a good point about the term mopologist. I believe that in rational discourse apologetics has a useful role but there are awful versions of it which block its usefulness. The awful versions happen in other religions as well and perhaps in more corrupt forms. Considering the terms Morg, morbot I find myself thinking, hey you talking about my mother? Those terms could perhaps be clarified to refer only to unthinking believers, a group my mother did not belong to.

Back some years I started posting on Utah lighthouse message. Peterson and others were very actively engaging arguments against the church. I had previously wondered if any had willingness to do such a thing. Peterson said a lot and is capable of making interesting arguments. He is also capable of insulting and pushing the fear and guilt buttons the church creates in its members about leaving or not believing. Impolite at least. Like with a rattlesnake I think its is best to keep a certain distance.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

I've preferred the term LDS apologist because it sounded more respectful. However, now that the Church has pulled the plug on the terms Mormon and LDS, perhaps Mopologist might need to become the default term of choice. At the Sic et Non board, I imagine the phrase valiant defenders of all that is sacred would be preferable, but too wordy to ever be repeated again.

I might stick with the term LDS apologist on the off chance that LDS might once again become acceptable.

Dr LOD
Deacon

Post by Dr LOD »

Back some years I started posting on Utah lighthouse message. Peterson and others were very actively engaging arguments against the church. I had previously wondered if any had willingness to do such a thing. Peterson said a lot and is capable of making interesting arguments. He is also capable of insulting and pushing the fear and guilt buttons the church creates in its members about leaving or not believing. Impolite at least. Like with a rattlesnake I think its is best to keep a certain distance.
That type of behavior was the reason behind the MI purge. Numerous well meaning Stake Presidents, and GA's were trying to help members navigate through faith crisis were sending people to the FARMS/FAIR/old MI materials and individuals. The feedback was that it was actually harmful more than helpful. One GA told me that many kind intelligent and thoughtful individuals whom he though that the church needed as future leaders were essentially lost due to the incompetence of the individuals that we call Mopologists.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why not just call them cojcolds (the j is silent)? I mean, it works on multiple levels.

- Doc

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I am having second thoughts about accepting morg or morgbot as only unthinking followers. I noted my mother wasn't an unthinking follower, I am glad of that. Still I do not want to insult members who follow without or with less thought. I hope they can make the best of it. I hope they learn to think for themselves however, believing or unbelieving. Somewhere there is a reminder that God gave us brains in the hope we would put them to good use.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Dr. Shades taking on the golden horde of Sic et Non:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I think Coach P is erasing my comments. Oh well, it's his echo chamber.

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:06 pm
I think Coach P is erasing my comments. Oh well, it's his echo chamber.
Of course he is. Momonism is not about discussion and democracy and free exchange of ideas, it is about we have the truth and we are right and listen to us and our views. They are the only right, all others are apostate and wrong. Seeing the one sided judgmental loons Peterson and Midget, and our own loony LDSFaqs demonstrate this. Censorship of reading materials and human minds is the core of Mormonism. Platitudes and phony image is all they have. Anyone who investigates sees that clearly. And they are, for the most part pro-Trump. That's enough to see it for what it is - "fake Gospel news, and fake Gospel people."

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Shades is doing a fine job, but he's posted very few comments. Charles is taking them to task for sure. Kiwi57 is pretty quick, but having difficulties keeping up with Charles. Notice how hard he's trying, and how quickly he's tattling over every little thing that he thinks Charles is saying that his coach might not like. Man, it would have been a drag to sit through middle school with kiwi.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:03 pm
Man, it would have been a drag to sit through middle school with kiwi.
A definite combo of Eddie Haskell and the Mean Girls.

ldsfaqs
God

Post by ldsfaqs »

Physics Guy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:01 am
The problem of American racism isn't that black people are being treated unfairly. As Peterson rightly points out, lots of people are treated unfairly.

But nobody is protesting about black people in America being treated unfairly.

The problem of American racism is that black people are being treated unfairly to an outrageous degree that regularly runs as far as murder by state authorities. The matter of degree is the entire reason why people are protesting.

How the hell has Peterson not twigged to that?
Because it's a 100% LIE... That's why he's not "twigged" to that.

What occurred to Floyd was an example of police brutality, abuse of authority, depraved indifference.
This occurs to ALL races... not just blacks, which is the lie.
There was ZERO evidence of "racism" with that event, especially since two of the cops werent' white, one was black the other asian.
This is another lie... Leftists call ANY event related to a black "racist" when there's zero evidence of it.

This is born out in the actual Statistics... The statistics demonstrate that it's a lie that blacks are somehow "treated differently".
They aren't, and haven't been for some 60 years!

Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

ldsfaqs wrote:This is born out in the actual Statistics... The statistics demonstrate that it's a lie that blacks are somehow "treated differently".

Blacks haven’t been treated differently for 60 years (since 1960)?

Dr LOD
Deacon

Post by Dr LOD »

This is born out in the actual Statistics... The statistics demonstrate that it's a lie that blacks are somehow "treated differently".
Please don’t be a stupid racist like that. Why don’t you at least cite your stats?

Here are facts that apply to me and my household about discrimination. Specifically concerning my wife and daughters.

http://www.ncai.org/attachments/PolicyP ... 020613.pdf

34 percent of American Indian and Alaska Native women will be raped in their lifetimes, compared to 19 percent of African American women, 18 percent of White women, and seven percent of Asian and Pacific Islander women.

Among Native women victims of rape or sexual assault, an average of 67 percent describe the offender as non-Native.

the rate of violent victimization of Native people in suburban areas is 2.8 times higher than that of the average for all races in suburban areas; 2.6 times higher for Natives than for all races in rural areas; and 2.5 times higher for Natives than for all races in urban areas.

Of females Native American women are at the highest risk to be killed by law enforcement.

Have a 4x risk of being murdered than a white woman in the same community.

The relative risk for a Native American male to be killed by law enforcement is 1.5 to 2.0 greater than a white male.

Maybe if you had to live with those type of facts hanging over your family like all black people in the US have to deal with as well you could understand.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Meanwhile, Midgley compares George Floyd’s death to how he thinks people are mean to him:

Moksha • a day ago
I want to ask a question, but I don't want participants to go all crazy because I am asking the question. Pretend it is just some anonymous voice from the back row of the Elders Quorum where civility is assumed.

Should we be making a serious change in the racial attitude and practices of our law enforcement system?

——
Louis Midgley Moksha • a day ago

Yes, of course. But the problem is mostly limited to some white police officers and not every police officer. But the real problem is not all that far removed from the kind of hatred found on the board where Moksha has been socialized into what is not at all unlike racial hatreds about which he is now asking if serious changes are badly needed.

If anyone has the least doubt that the board owned and operated by the one somewhat hiding his identity as fake Dr. Shades, all they need to do is have a look at the rubbish his minions posted and he upvoted on the Kiwi Mormon blog recently--all aimed at me. Racial hatred is not the only kind of demonic thing that badly needs to be addressed. One excellent place to begin to root out and tone down religious hatred would be for Dr. Shakes to close down his hate site.

http://disq.us/p/29oqpa9

——
Charles Louis Midgley • 20 hours ago • edited

Lou: "But the real problem is not all that far removed from the kind of hatred found on the board where Moksha has been socialized into what is not at all unlike racial hatreds about which he is now asking if serious changes are badly needed."

Surely you're not comparing the cold-blooded murder of George Floyd with Dr. Shades's discussion board?

http://disq.us/p/29ounyi

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Big Baby Midge-faced Lyin' Lou: "But the real problem..."

But. The. Real. Problem.

BYU professor. Mormon priesthood holder. Narcissistic little ____.

- Doc

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:42 pm
ldsfaqs wrote:This is born out in the actual Statistics... The statistics demonstrate that it's a lie that blacks are somehow "treated differently".

Blacks haven’t been treated differently for 60 years (since 1960)?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

ldsfaqs wrote:What occurred to Floyd was an example of police brutality, abuse of authority, depraved indifference.
What occurred to Floyd ANUBIS (Facsimile No. 3) was an example of police brutality Mormon idiocy, abuse of authority lack of inspiration, depraved indifference bad Egyptology.

:twisted:

Smith defaced the god Anubis.

Smith brutalized him simply because he's black.

*Mormons are racists*

Amen

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

This occurs to ALL races... not just blacks, which is the lie. wrote:This occurs to ALL races... not just blacks, which is the lie.
Anubis in Facsimile No. 3 was the only person to be brutally mutilated by Smith's knife. He left the whites alone in that regard. It's always the black man that suffers the most under the hands of the Mormons.

Mormons have crazed ideas about blacks.

:twisted:

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

ldsfaqs wrote:There was ZERO evidence of "racism" with that event, especially since two of the cops werent' white, one was black the other asian.
Everyone know that Chinese man have no racism because of Ramen noodles. China man not racist at all against black man. Never. It never happen. China man not racist.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

ldsfaqs wrote:This is another lie... Leftists call ANY event related to a black "racist" when there's zero evidence of it.
Black man not good? Chinese fortune cookie say you have problem. Eat cookie and problem over.