Archaeology Demonstrates the Holy of Holies Used Weed for Rituals

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Archaeology Demonstrates the Holy of Holies Used Weed for Rituals

Post by _Philo Sofee »

https://www.livescience.com/cannabis-shrine-israel.html

So this is where ancient prophets got the Spirit...... Cannabis, otherwise known as "weed" you know, Satan's drug Marra-G-wanna, has been discovered in ancient Israel and Tel Arad on the sacred altars of the ancient temples! I truly seriously cannot wait to see the religious "spin" from Sic et Non on this one. Wanna talk to God? Wanna have visions? Wanna be influenced by the Holy Ghost? Go to the temple and inhale the Frankincense and Weed. :lol:
Discussion also found in The Times of Israel here:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/1st-high- ... k-ecstasy/
Looks like Mormons need to keep restoring the "true" ancient faith, religion, and ritual of ancient Israel to be a complete and "true" restoration.
The Holy Ghost actually turns out to be Satan's drug...... imagine that.........CHORTLE!
I testify by the power of the Holy Cannabis this Church is True! :lol:
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: Archaeology Demonstrates the Holy of Holies Used Weed for Rituals

Post by _huckelberry »

Ecstasy! Back in the day (60s 70s) I had fairly broad experience with cannabis. It could be a variety of things but I missed any ecstasy. I suppose if bored a priest might use pot to lessen boredom. Perhaps it could produce a reverent mood. Vision production is pretty limited though I remember a yellow dragon which slowly turned into a yellow pickup truck coming down a hill.

Speaking of boredom though, if there is a connection between old services and modern Mormon affairs boredom could be a problem looking for a solution.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 5:23 am
Ecstasy! Back in the day (60s 70s) I had fairly broad experience with cannabis. It could be a variety of things but I missed any ecstasy. I suppose if bored a priest might use pot to lessen boredom. Perhaps it could produce a reverent mood. Vision production is pretty limited though I remember a yellow dragon which slowly turned into a yellow pickup truck coming down a hill.

Speaking of boredom though, if there is a connection between old services and modern Mormon affairs boredom could be a problem looking for a solution.
Of course there is. If they would just get inspired and start using the weed, who wouldn't go back to church for some real "spirituality"? :biggrin:
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Please enlighten me, what does this have to do with Mormonism?
_Chap
_Emeritus

Post by _Chap »

msnobody wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:44 pm
Well, perhaps the wonderful day will come when a Prophet will be inspired to restore yet another feature of the true worship of the Lord to LDS temples.

If that day comes, the youth will flock to get temple recommends, and membership will really take off.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

msnobody wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:44 pm
I understood that Mormonism proposed to be a restoration of Biblical religion, all things. This little observation about temple incense is some sort of clue about the religion and practice of religion in Judah, Biblical religion.

One could ask if the restoration was of what is in the Bible or what was actually practiced? One might suspect it is the Bible which is fallowed despite comments about the incompleteness of the book. What was left out?

I suppose one could search for biblical instruction about pot. I cannot recall any positive, negative, restrictive or prescriptive laws or instructions. Odd , it is not as thought those folks avoided making laws about what you could ingest. Ezekiel was not shy about complaining about temple practice.

I think is is difficult to conclude much of anything from this discovery. There is indications that religion in Judea at that time was not terribly unified or uniform.

My own experience is that I never touched the stuff untill after stopping all Mormon connected activity. I cannot from experience know how church and pot would mix. I could speculate a danger of inappropriate laughter.