Church foyers to be assessed for brand compliance...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
I have a question
God

Church foyers to be assessed for brand compliance...

Post by I have a question »

Images of Jesus Christ will become the dominant, standard feature of the foyers of Latter-day Saint meetinghouses, according to a letter sent Monday morning by the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Many meetinghouses already feature prints of paintings focused on Christ, but Monday’s letter standardizes that approach as part of President Russell M. Nelson’s call in 2018 to emphasize that “Jesus Christ is at the center of His church.”

“We are grateful for your continued efforts to use the complete name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” said Monday’s letter, signed by President Nelson and his counselors, Presidents Dallin H. Oaks and Henry B. Eyring. “To further testify of our central belief in Jesus Christ, we desire that our meetinghouses reflect an attitude of reverence for the Savior.”
https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/5/11 ... tinghouses

If the Church truly wanted its buildings to reflect the Saviour then they wouldn't be building ornate temples out of costly materials, with expensive chandeliers and furnishings. But I digress. To help with this brand compliance Stake Presidents are to be given a checklist.
Stake presidents, who oversee meetinghouses for multiple congregations, and facilities managers will assess the foyers of every meetinghouse to ensure that unobstructed, Christ-centered art is the dominant feature.

The assessments will follow five guidelines:

1. Place existing artwork that depicts the Savior himself or the Savior ministering to others in meetinghouse entries and foyers. Examine existing artwork to ensure that it is appropriately framed, displayed and in good condition.
2. Move other artwork to another location within the facility or remove it altogether.
3. Choose replacement art, if needed, from the Approved Selection of Foyer Artwork (attached to the First Presidency letter) and follow approved sizes and quality standards.
4. Assess entries and foyers as part of an annual inspection to evaluate existing furnishings, artwork and finishes. Replace and update these items as needed to maintain a feeling of reverence for the Savior.
5. Remove from the foyer areas distractions, such as display cases, bulletin boards, tables, easels, and damaged furniture.
I know what you're thinking - surely the Church that reflects Christ has better things than branding instructions to be focussed on during a global pandemic that will adversely affect billions of people? Well, apparently not.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

We are grateful for your continued efforts to use the complete name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. To further testify of our central belief in Jesus Christ, we desire that our meetinghouses reflect an attitude of reverence for the Savior.

Therefore, placement of art representing Jesus Christ in meetinghouse foyers and entryways has been authorized. Local facilities managers will contact and work with stake presidents to evaluate foyers and make necessary modifications consistent with the attached guidelines.

Sincerely yours,

Russell M. Nelson
Dallin H. Oaks
Henry B. Eyring

The First Presidency

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Re: Church foyers to be assessed for brand compliance...

Post by Shulem »

German Jesus sails to Africa to to hold an African child!

White and delightsome Jesus promises Africans that they too can someday go to the temple but must first suffer persecution and racism from modern Mormonism because Mormon prophets will be uninspired and think blacks are less valiant.

Jesus sees a vision of future Mormon prophets who persecute Africans and will someday demand that his prophets hang pictures of himself in church foyers and to include the Africans

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Mormon Church wrote:Images of Jesus Christ will become the dominant, standard feature of the foyers of Latter-day Saint meetinghouses
Images of Jesus Christ SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN the dominant, standard feature of the foyers of Latter-day Saint meetinghouses since day one. But now we see the Mormons are attempting to rebrand and convince everyone that they are truly acting like Christians by finally getting around to ensuring that pictures of Jesus are hung up in their chapels.

:rolleyes:

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Shulem wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:17 am
Mormon Church wrote:Images of Jesus Christ will become the dominant, standard feature of the foyers of Latter-day Saint meetinghouses
Images of Jesus Christ SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN the dominant, standard feature of the foyers of Latter-day Saint meetinghouses since day one. But now we see the Mormons are attempting to rebrand and convince everyone that they are truly acting like Christians by finally getting around to ensuring that pictures of Jesus are hung up in their chapels.

:rolleyes:
Lol. I first read your comment as

Images of Jesus Christ SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN the dominant, standard feature of the foyers of Latter-day Saint meetinghouses since day one.
gaslighting 101. Then your next sentence could be

But now we see the Mormons are attempting to rebrand and convince everyone that they are truly acting like Christians by finally getting around to ensuring that pictures of Jesus are hung up in their chapels.
my apologies to your post! :rolleyes:

kairos
God

Post by kairos »

Wait does that first vision painting get tossed into the dumpster, and what about missionary plaques, RS display tables, easel reflecting
The family history classes and emergency preparedness handouts. Glad l am not a SP- this is all BS- why don't they focus on Christ in the sanctuary- like a large human sized crucifix hung
Over the podium?
k

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I like breakdancing Jesus.

Although, I will always be partial to space Jesus.

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Maybe magician Jesus is closer to reality?

msnobody
Holy Ghost

Post by msnobody »

Maybe a change of doctrine will come around one day, and Jesus will no longer be thought of as a mere means of resurrection, but instead as the propitiation, as he is, for our sin. That’s my prayer anyway.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Test..

[img]https://www.artcollectorz.com/assets/ma ... BKQAIA.jpg[/img]

I can’t post images from a brand new ipad or my pc. What am I missing?

- Doc

consiglieri
God

Post by consiglieri »

I have been advised that the paintings hung in the foyer have to be a certain size. There is only one of the authorized paintings that does not come in that size. I will give you three guesses as to which painting is available only in a size too small to be hung in the foyer.

Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:56 pm
I have been advised that the paintings hung in the foyer have to be a certain size. There is only one of the authorized paintings that does not come in that size. I will give you three guesses as to which painting is available only in a size too small to be hung in the foyer.
Every painting of Joseph translating with the plates and/or gazing into a hat?

consiglieri
God

Post by consiglieri »

Lol!

My info is that the only approved painting not big enough for the foyer is ...

... Jesus holding black baby FTW!

kairos
God

Post by kairos »

msnobody wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:53 pm
Maybe a change of doctrine will come around one day, and Jesus will no longer be thought of as a mere means of resurrection, but instead as the propitiation, as he is, for our sin. That’s my prayer anyway.
I will second your prayer!

k

msnobody
Holy Ghost

Post by msnobody »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:54 pm
Test..

I can’t post images from a brand new ipad or my pc. What am I missing?

- Doc
You’re not living right. :wink: I am so just kidding.

msnobody
Holy Ghost

Post by msnobody »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:56 pm
Have any idea what the other approved artwork depicts?

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Come follow me.

Oh Lily-white Mormons, get your tan on and be like me. Summer is coming!

Behold, my Father is tan as I am tan.

Black is beautiful, baby. The children of Cain have ever been blessed.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

I applaud the effort to make the LDS Church more Christian. All that peculiarity brought on by secrecy over illegal practices (no, I am not including nude clogging in the Temple) and general overboard reverence of things made up did not enhance the Church.

Looking at depictions of a Norwegian Jesus is bound to have a positive effect (at least according to those folks into Neuro-linguistic programming). If we are what we iconize, then this will be much better than the portraits of the past.

Even the name change separates us from those "Mormons" who would hate on homosexuals and polygamize at the drop of a hat.

What is next that can be improved? Deemphasize business attire as being holy. I mean, Jesus wore a toga (jeans and T-shirt), while Trump representing Satan's minions wears a business suit. This one might be difficult, but a prophet could pull it off.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/05 ... s-leaders/

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Jesus saving raptor from Book of Mormon volcano

Stem
God

Post by Stem »

Its too bad they'll only allow certain Jesus pics. It'd be fun to have a Jesus painting contest, giving the winner the pick of which foyer it claims. I'd probably select 10 of the best pics put up by Shulem and try and mesh them all together.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Stem wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:33 pm
Its too bad they'll only allow certain Jesus pics. It'd be fun to have a Jesus painting contest, giving the winner the pick of which foyer it claims. I'd probably select 10 of the best pics put up by Shulem and try and mesh them all together.
I got some real sweet looking pics of Jezus down there in the Telestial Board in a two page thread. Check it out. And there are some really hot babes too if you're in to girls and stuff like that. You won't be disappointed. A muffin on the beach with her chichis practically hanging out of her bikini. If you like girls you will want to see her!

:wink:

click the link to see Jesus's babes

Brides for Jesus

I have a question
God

Post by I have a question »

You've got $100 billion of spare change sat doing nothing. There's a global pandemic killing hundreds of thousands of people and negatively affecting the well being and livelihoods of many millions of people. You want people to think you are more attuned to Christ's teachings. What do you do?

Launch a new corporate Jesus logo.
Launch a way to audit pictures in foyers.

Because that's exactly what Christ Himself would be doing right now.[/sarcasm]

Could they be any less self aware and any more tone deaf?
If they were trying to show that Christ is not involved in First Presidency decision making they couldn't have done a better job than sending out that Foyer Compliance Checklist this week.