PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD? Delete the /phpBB3/ from within the address bar.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD? Delete the /phpBB3/ from within the address bar.

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dear user,

If you're having any problems with the functionality of this board--viewing older threads, posting replies, whatever--then do this:
  1. UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO THIS SITE. Your current bookmarks probably go to http://www.mormondiscussions.com/phbBB3/ Delete any such bookmark and use this bookmark instead: http://www.mormondiscussions.com Most or all of your functionality problems should vanish.
  2. If you're still having problems, delete your cookies for this site, then do the above.
  3. If you still have any problems after both of those steps, view and log into this site using Internet Explorer (and not Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge).
If anyone else has a "fix" that has worked, please post it here for everyone's edification.

Gadianton
Hermit

Re: PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD? Use Internet Explorer and CLICK HERE!

Post by Gadianton »

Interesting. I haven't had problems on any computer except my i-phone worked for a while and then quit working.

Sure enough it was going to the /phb. Getting rid of that fixes it. However, it seems to force you to log in. That's fine, but ultimately there are (or used to be) lurkers who don't want to register to read. But for now, for anyone who posts here having issues, I'd be really curious if that doesn't fix everything.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Shades look around at the features. The Who is Online feature shows all of our IP addresses. And in case you missed my other two posts...the people who couldn't read the board to start with can't read this flipping announcement either. I made two threads using the new URL in the thread title so they can see it.

You're welcome.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

p.s. It doesn't matter if you are hidden, you can still view all the IP addresses using that feature. Not good. Not good at all.

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:16 pm
p.s. It doesn't matter if you are hidden, you can still view all the IP addresses using that feature. Not good. Not good at all.
Is the problem fixed now?

moksha
God

Re: PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD? Delete the /phpBB3/ from within the address bar.

Post by moksha »

Shades, could you do an email to posters letting them know the board is back online and the changes needed to access it?

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

moksha wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:52 am
Shades, could you do an email to posters letting them know the board is back online and the changes needed to access it?
I thought I did. Did everybody NOT receive it?

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Just a note that I'm not a moderator of any board here. I'm helping fix some issues where I can. That's an artifact of ..something...

Ultimately my name will go back to a normal color etc.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

I was wondering about that, Isaac.

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:50 pm
Dear user,

If you're having any problems with the functionality of this board--viewing older threads, posting replies, whatever--then do this:
  1. UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO THIS SITE. Your current bookmarks probably go to phbBB3/ Delete any such bookmark and use this bookmark instead: http://www.mormondiscussions.com Most or all of your functionality problems should vanish.
  2. If you're still having problems, delete your cookies for this site, then do the above.
  3. If you still have any problems after both of those steps, view and log into this site using Internet Explorer (and not Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge).
If anyone else has a "fix" that has worked, please post it here for everyone's edification.
Thanks for that info. I was one of those unable to post to the board until I found this post and tried deleting the /phpBB3/ from my bookmarked url for this site. I wondered if my recent upgrade to Microsoft Edge might have had something to do with my problem. Apparently, based on what you said above, it did.