Don't Know what this is, (Don't Care) But KNOCK IT OFF!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Don't Know what this is, (Don't Care) But KNOCK IT OFF!

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:For ____ sakes, did Shades fill in the name of the person? I'm trying to be discrete over here. Thanks a ____ lot!

He used that exact name here, so it's okay. Some of the newer folks might not be familiar with what "DE" stands for, much less the attendant "incident."

It's NOT okay with me! Stay out of my goddamn posts unless it's absolutely necessary.

This wasn't.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:For ____ sakes, did Shades fill in the name of the person? I'm trying to be discrete over here. Thanks a ____ lot!

He used that exact name here, so it's okay. Some of the newer folks might not be familiar with what "DE" stands for, much less the attendant "incident."

Hey Shades, regardless of what personal information DE has shared here, it's Jersey Girl's post you modified without her permission. If you want to supply DE's full name, do it in a post under your own screen name.

You should fix this and ban yourself for 10 days for this infraction.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:It's NOT okay with me! Stay out of my goddamn posts unless it's absolutely necessary.

This wasn't.

Yeah, Jersey Girl has a point. You're messing with the content of her post in what she is trying or trying not to express. You can't speak for her. Speak for yourself, Shades. It would be okay to post additional content in your own post but leave hers alone.

Jesus.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I've removed the reference from my own posts. I can't remove the copies in the posts of others. I'm not willing to take part in giving said person a chance to search their name on this board, get wound up tighter than a schoolhouse clock and put DCP or anyone else (including me) at risk.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:I've removed the reference from my own posts. I can't remove the copies in the posts of others. I'm not willing to take part in giving said person a chance to search their name on this board, get wound up tighter than a schoolhouse clock and put DCP or anyone else (including me) at risk.

No, **I** removed them right after I read your post.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I've removed the reference from my own posts. I can't remove the copies in the posts of others. I'm not willing to take part in giving said person a chance to search their name on this board, get wound up tighter than a schoolhouse clock and put DCP or anyone else (including me) at risk.

No, **I** removed them right after I read your post.

I just manually deleted the reference from my own posts. Whatever you did, you shouldn't have modified my posts to begin with.
Chinese Proverb
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Kishkumen wrote: One of them showed that the email originated from "nobody@remailer.paranoici.org."

Was Dr. Midgley able to contact the secretary of the Strengthening the Membership Committee asking them to have the DeathStar target those coordinates?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Regarding Peterson’s stories about the emails he receives, which he has many times attributed to his “malevolent stalker,” here’s a story he told in his presentation at the 2018 FairMormon Conference:

I have a critic, I refer to him as my malevolent stalker, who has been following me for fifteen years manufacturing stories about me and among the things he says about me is that I take in a seven figure apologetic salary from the Church.

https://www.fairmormon.org/conference/a ... hy-and-how

Right. :rolleyes:

So, when Peterson breaks out his story, again and again and again, year after year after year, about how awful it is that he continues to receive these emails-emails he somehow can’t manage to block, trace, report, or verify, I have my doubts.

If he can be dishonest enough to plagiarize the way he does, and dishonest enough to tell tall tales like the above, then it is obvious he can be dishonest enough to lie about other things as well.