Louis Midgley Threatens to "Pay a Visit" to Gina Colvin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Louis Midgley Threatens to "Pay a Visit" to Gina Colvin

Post by Dr Exiled »

My accusation was always what Midgley's relative said to me what had happened to him and how it was a violation of free speech for the SP/Bishop to get involved and stop the publication. Perhaps Midge doesn't remember it because he was so used to doing that sort of thing? Anyway, I heard what I heard.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It looks like whinin’ Lou Midgley and his handler Daniel “co-dependent” Peterson have a huge blindspot when it comes to their bullyin’ behavior:

“Louis Midgley > TimErnst

TimErnst has it exactly right. This explains why Dan tolerates gemli posting his weird atheist dogma. gemli is not angry or insulting. gemli never makes up stories about people, though he fabricates a bizarre alternative intellectual history out of thin air. Instead, he just does his dogmatic atheist thing, and thereby illustrates how and why scientism is wrong. No one is hoping that Dan will give gemli the boot. One reason is that gemli never engages in personal attacks.”

Hypocrisy thy name is Lyin’ Lou!

“DanielPeterson > Louis Midgley

Exactly.”

They’re totally the victims. :rolling eyes so hard I just backflipped:

- Doc

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Midgley has a well-established reputation for engaging in inappropriate behavior, and then, after he is caught, obfuscating repeatedly to try to cover up or minimize the negative impact of his actions. Even though I have read about many other incidents, watching how it played out in real time this last few months, in the case of his stalking Colvin, as well as harassing commenters such as Dr. LOD, Shades, and Exiled was pretty horrifying.

An actual person behaving that badly in the name of his religion, who then touts himself as having a “charmed life” while mocking and gossiping about anyone who disagrees with him is just repulsive.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lyin' Lounatic Midgley continues his "war" (his words, not mine) on Colvin:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4979311282

"... And now Joanna Brooks and Gina Colvin want to decolonize my own faith, and hence seem determined to transform and deconstruct my own world(s).

So I have discovered that there are all kinds of different "worlds" out that that are at war with each other. And there are various sorts of armies that struggle for control of our souls, even or especially when they deny, like gemli, that any human can possibly have a soul, or that there is any possible meaning in anything, except their denial that there is any meaning other than our very own tenuous grasp of those swerving atoms about which Lucretius wrote many years ago in his didactic poem on the nature of things."

What a psychologically fascinating post. The curious reader will note that Midgley outs himself as a sort-of-solipsist and "war" monger. This goes a long way toward explaining why he felt the need to travel to New Zealand and wage "war" against Gina Colvin. One should also note he continues to call out (you'll have to click on the link to rad the rest of his screed) gemli who has now been absent from Dowsin' Dan Peterson's vanity blog for four days.

- Doc