“gone missing”? Or just “buried before dead”?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Gadianton
Hermit

Re: “gone missing”? Or just “buried before dead”?

Post by Gadianton »

So collectively, we have two alleged mental health professionals saying that God is the most divisive being in the universe, and if someone expresses shock at being called a traitor and a wreck of a human being for changing religious views, then such person should seek counseling for narcissism?

Sic et Non is really outdoing itself on this one. Definitely popcorn worthy.
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Ha! Funny I had the last post here. It looks like DCP is desperate for attention again:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... recks.html

How many times a year is he going to quote this by GQ Canon?
He loves the true; but traitors–those who betray their brethren–He–I was going to say–despises them; at any rate they fall under His displeasure; they become like wrecks, castaways stripped of their former power, bereft of the Spirit and blessing that attended them in former times. Some of you have no doubt seen fine vessels that have done good service stranded and wrecked, with nothing much besides the ribs and keel left; those who become darkened lose the Spirit and their faith, and thus become human wrecks, remind me of such unfortunate vessels.
One might think he has an ax to grind.

And of course, Kiwi saw the post immediately and rejoiced, making it clear that you can identify the "human wreck" as anyone who disputes the terminology. How original is that? "Whoever smelt it, dealt it, har! har! har!"

I think the close proximity to Dr. Hauglid's interview is telling. Dan, do you have a name you wish to call Dr. Hauglid directly? After all, as Lemmie documented in this thread, you clearly said back in November of last year, that *all* those who "fall away" are covered by the "human wreck" description. Given your description of Dr. Hauglid falling away, I think by the law of transitivity you're trying to tell us something.
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Peterson as a rhetorician can never be straight forward about things anymore than his heroes, the church leaders can be. In apologetics its always dicey.... always insinuation... and always an insult or jab. It's the Gospel of "love" as they imagine it to be.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."