Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II, III

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Fence Sitter wrote:Since we still have the Ta-sherit-Min scroll stick of Joseph and the seer stone, I see no reason why the current seer presiding over the church could not look through the stone to see what Joseph wrote.Does anyone know if Nelson owns a hat?


I see a reason! First and foremost, the Presidents of the Mormon church are fakers and pretend to possess marvelous powers and miraculous abilities when in fact they are nothing more than phonies and trickters putting on a grand act for their beloved sheep. Baaa!

NelSatan wouldn't know the first thing to do with a piece of Egyptian papyrus. The man is totally ignorant and offers nothing of any value when it comes to Egyptian history. Not even his lighten pen or his fake wife can help him. The man is a pathetic and pathological liar pretending to be Joseph Smith's successor?

Nelson, you're an idiot. You're immoral and you're a liar and a cheat. I wouldn't trust YOU any further than I could throw your sorry ass. Stop your lying and sit down and shut up. You're totally, totally, pathetic, Mr. Nelson!

I Shulem solemnly covenant and promise (no, I ____ swear) that I will never, ever, be a Mormon again. Not now and not ever. So help me God.

Amen.

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Get ready for Joseph Smith's King King Mummy, folks!

He's coming to get YOU!


Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Friends,

I've decided that PART II will be incorporated on the same page as PART I of my website. I realize this will make for a rather long page but I feel it's easy enough to read and not too busy on the eyes, so in order to keep it simple and all in one place, I'll publish my upcoming material in one spot. Part II will include the presentation of the Two Rolls that somehow managed to sail down to Thebes and get a royal burial. I'll include more about royal claims made by the Mormons about their mummies. There will also be more surprises in store for those who are interested. I have a citation from an amazing source that will blow your mind or at least make your eyes go wide open! And I'll paste the original on my website.

Times are changing and the church is shifting gears as the Catalyst Theory which I use to champion as an apologist is going to be become the official explanation. Forget the Missing Roll Theory because it's being phased out because it's been totally disproved on all accounts. I hope that those who are following this thread and have skimmed or read my website realize that Mormon apologists today are going to go on the offensive and wage a war against us in showcasing their Catalyst Theory. Please use my references and cut and paste at will. Remember, the buck stops with Joseph Smith & Oliver Cowdery. Today's Mormons are kicking against the pricks and attempting to reinvent a whole new story, one that never happened. Today's Mormons are trying to redefine and reshape their history in order to save their testimonies and continue to bear witness that they "know" the church is true. The conflict is going to widen and get more intense.

I'll post a couple goodies on the mummies just as soon as I get around to it.

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

I've not been able to get myself to listen to this new apologetic crap spewing out of the mouth like vomit.

OMFG. Kerry, where the hell are you when people really need you? Jesus.

:wink:

New Video Explores the Historical Credibility of the Book of Abraham

Image

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:I've not been able to get myself to listen to this new apologetic crap spewing out of the mouth like vomit.

OMFG. Kerry, where the hell are you when people really need you? Jesus.

:wink:

New Video Explores the Historical Credibility of the Book of Abraham

Image


Okay, I just watched it. What a waste of time. It's a ruse using parallelomania and cheap parlor tricks. It completely avoids the real issues that prove Joseph was a fraud. Silly Mormon apologetic tricks! Who are they kidding? Dummies! Reminds me of a cheap TV commercial trying to sell a product that has already been proven to be fraudulent or noneffective.
Last edited by Shulem on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Image



In light of everything we know about the mummies purchased by THE CHURCH OF THE LATTER DAY SAINTS, we may be assured that Smith was confident that revelation was key to identifying who the mummies were in ancient times. None of the mummies are presently known to exist and it’s generally assumed they were destroyed in the Chicago fire. There has never been, even to this day, any professional opinion to indicate or demonstrate that the mummies were from a royal family. Egyptologists affirm that the original papyri (five separate documents owned by the Mormons) in possession of the mummies are dated to the Late Period and all surviving fragments thereof are funerary literature and spells. Thus, the mummies were individuals who lived during the end of Dynastic Egypt rather than the famous dynasties of a much earlier date. In short, the mummies were not royal.

Many kings have been discovered from various dynasties after Joseph Smith dabbled in his own brand of Egyptology. Hundreds of mummies have been uncovered and studied. Professional evaluation performed by experts in the 1830's would easily be able to determine if a mummy was a pharaoh. Royal insignia and artifacts to certify a king of Egypt being excavated out of a royal tomb would be manifest. Regarding Smith’s mummies, all evidence proves that they were from Egypt’s Late Period and the papyri were made in Roman times or, thereabouts. This has been confirmed by specialists of our day. But what did the early members of the church think about the mummies? How about Joseph Smith? Evidence from several witnesses attest that the elders of the church including Smith’s mother and wife claimed the mummies were royal and much older than they really were. Faithful members of the church today may find it problematic to accept that the prophet was wrong in his belief regarding the age and origin of the mummies.

User avatar
Philo Sofee
God
Posts: 6651
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem, based on current apologetics, people don't need my help, the seed of destruction has already been sown and the further the members learn, the worse it gets, and it's been downhill since Nibley died. Nothing has come up that works for them since 1985, when Ritner showed up and Gee fell over from exhaustion of attempts to make it work and couldn't get it to.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:Shulem, based on current apologetics, people don't need my help, the seed of destruction has already been sown and the further the members learn, the worse it gets, and it's been downhill since Nibley died. Nothing has come up that works for them since 1985, when Ritner showed up and Gee fell over from exhaustion of attempts to make it work and couldn't get it to.



Great to hear from YOU, Philo!

You're my pal.


:smile:



Image

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:people don't need my help


Maybe your help is not required in order to change people's minds but people do like to hear from you when you talk about the Book of Abraham and things associated with it.

I still think you could have some fun doing a podcast on something about the Book of Abraham. It's ground you have traveled and you are familiar with it. So, just keep an open mind and consider the possibilities.

That's all I'm saying on that.

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

One very important part that today's apologists have not realized in trying to formulate their ***NEW*** Catalyst Theory is that Smith was every bit interested in claiming to translate papyrus (through whatever means) as he was also dating the papyrus and identifying mummies to be of a royal household. The entire claim together is a giant fiasco on Smith's part and proof positive he was wrong on every account and on every front. His inspiration was flawed and his testimony was false. I can prove that and I will!

1. Smith couldn't translate.
2. Smith couldn't date papyrus.
3. Smith couldn't identify mummies.

Take these three things into account and you have a solid case in proving Smith was a fraud. This is something that apologists have overlooked and have given Smith a pass or have blinked their eyes too many times and failed to make the fatal connection between these three points of conflict. But, I'm here now. I'm going to ram it down their throats in "Here Comes the Book of Abraham Part II". You will have a wonderful front seat row in witnessing Shulem destroy the Book of Abraham for everyone to see. The apologists aren't going to be able to save it. Trust me! The Book of Abraham is doomed.

It will be a most unpleasant and bitter pill for the apologists to have to swallow. No more blue pills. They are going to have to swallow the red ones.

Open up, you apologists, and take the pills. The evidence I am about to present will overwhelm you!

:twisted:

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Run for you life!

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part II is coming SOON!


Image

The Mormon Mummies are coming for you! Quick Hide!

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Image

To the Apologists of the Mormon church:

Welcome to my Nightmare. Joseph Smith's mummies are coming for you!

There is no escape. The Catalyst Theory won't save you!

Your doom is sealed.


:lol:

User avatar
Fence Sitter
God
Posts: 8862
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:49 am

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Fence Sitter »

Shulem wrote:Take these three things into account and you have a solid case in proving Smith was a fraud.


The catalyst theory is based on the fact the artifacts were not what Joseph Smith claimed so I am not sure how your argument above is going to impact those that advocate it.
I have heard people like Jensen, Hauglid, Givens and even Bokovoy when he was a believer, who are now advocating the catalyst theory, directly address your objection here. Their response is not to agree he was a fraud, merely that he was wrong about what was on the source documents and in spite of that he produced important scripture.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."

Stem
God
Posts: 1234
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Stem »

Fence Sitter wrote:
The catalyst theory is based on the fact the artifacts were not what Joseph Smith claimed so I am not sure how your argument above is going to impact those that advocate it.
I have heard people like Jensen, Hauglid, Givens and even Bokovoy when he was a believer, who are now advocating the catalyst theory, directly address your objection here. Their response is not to agree he was a fraud, merely that he was wrong about what was on the source documents and in spite of that he produced important scripture.


Yep.

If Joseph crept into Josephus or some other source and used that to expand on some point, or as T Givens apparently (I say "apparently" because I only heard it from RFM and haven't seen it myself) suggests, even if Joseph is just using others works its inspired. Shoot I'm going to have to back to RFM or get Givens book to remember that two-word phrase imaginative something.

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Fence Sitter wrote:The catalyst theory is based on the fact the artifacts were not what Joseph Smith claimed so I am not sure how your argument above is going to impact those that advocate it.
I have heard people like Jensen, Hauglid, Givens and even Bokovoy when he was a believer, who are now advocating the catalyst theory, directly address your objection here. Their response is not to agree he was a fraud, merely that he was wrong about what was on the source documents and in spite of that he produced important scripture.


Yes, the Catalyst Theory is based on the fact the artifacts were not what Smith claimed, but that's entirely a modern day concept, something that is adopted by Latter-day Saints beginning in the 20th century. The Catalyst Theory is not something the 19th century saints would have endorsed but would find it to be in direct opposition (apostasy) to the testimony and revelations claimed by Smith, many of which I have already cited.

Smith invoked the standard authoritative claim of being correct when he publicly asserted (and published in the Times and Seasons) he was stating "diamond truth":

1. Melchizedek Priesthood and in the name of Jesus Christ
2. 3,500 year old mummies (one of which was a king -- Part II is coming!)

ImageImageImageImageImage

Joseph Smith TPJS 368 wrote:When did I ever teach anything wrong from this stand? When was I ever confounded? I want to triumph in Israel before I depart hence and am no more seen. I never told you I was perfect; but there is no error in the revelations which I have taught

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Shulem »

Fence Sitter wrote: Their response is not to agree he was a fraud, merely that he was wrong about what was on the source documents


Joseph Smith learned what was on the source documents by direct influence of the Holy Spirit.

Image

Remember the "Revelation to the twelve concerning the Times and Seasons" was given just prior to publishing the Book of Abraham whereby the revelations given though Joseph Smith about the Egyptian artifacts were nothing short of a "Verily thus saith the Lord!"

It wasn't Joseph Smith who was revealing the "diamond truth" or "solving mathematical problems" or "the errors of ages". No, it was the HOLY SPIRIT that was saying, "Behold the truth!"

What was that truth? The mummies were 3,500 years old and they were royal, one being a king. That was a declaration made by the prophet who got his information from none other than the Holy Spirit. The buck stops with the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost was wrong. The curse of the mummy got the better of him.

"Behold the mummies!"

:surprised:

User avatar
Fence Sitter
God
Posts: 8862
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:49 am

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Fence Sitter »

Stem wrote:
Shoot I'm going to have to back to RFM or get Givens book to remember that two-word phrase imaginative something.


Revelatory and prophetic imagination.

The technical term is pseudepigraphy but I like to call it "just making stuff up."
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."

User avatar
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Dr Moore »

Shulem wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote: Their response is not to agree he was a fraud, merely that he was wrong about what was on the source documents


Joseph Smith learned what was on the source documents by direct influence of the Holy Spirit.

Image

Remember the "Revelation to the twelve concerning the Times and Seasons" was given just prior to publishing the Book of Abraham whereby the revelations given though Joseph Smith about the Egyptian artifacts were nothing short of a "Verily thus saith the Lord!"

It wasn't Joseph Smith who was revealing the "diamond truth" or "solving mathematical problems" or "the errors of ages". No, it was the HOLY SPIRIT that was saying, "Behold the truth!"

What was that truth? The mummies were 3,500 years old and they were royal, one being a king. That was a declaration made by the prophet who got his information from none other than the Holy Spirit. The buck stops with the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost was wrong. The curse of the mummy got the better of him.

"Behold the mummies!"

:surprised:


Clearly it says "Any Holy Spirit" which means Smith was merely testing his followers, present and future. Move along!

User avatar
Shulem
Son of Perdition
Posts: 12055
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II

Post by Shulem »

It's here! It's alive!

Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part II

Click the link and scroll down to Part II!

Image

You will suffer and die!

User avatar
Philo Sofee
God
Posts: 6651
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II

Post by Philo Sofee »

Absolutely D.E.V.A.S.T.A.T.I.N.G.

Showing the actual witnesses evidence and what Joseph Smith taught them and what they repeated. Brilliant!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

User avatar
moksha
God
Posts: 22502
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by moksha »

Fence Sitter wrote:The Ta-sherit-Min scroll and the Hor scroll were not buried/found on the same mummy. Hor was male and Ta-sherit-Min was a female.

Unless they were found together in a compromising position.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Post Reply