Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II, III

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Egypt's Making

Post by _Shulem »

I, Zeptah, after having been rescued by my beloved Ham remained kept at the rear of the ark in a hidden room behind the zebras and the rhinos. There, I remained for 150 days in secret and only Ham knew of this great secret which he kept from his father.

After the ark rested upon the mountain of a strange new land did Ham set me free and revealed my presence to his family. Father Noah repented himself before me but commanded that I be set outside the camp and to prepare to find a new land wherein my posterity may dwell being separated from the white children that should inherit the earth. My people would forever be servants to the White and Delightsome race and barred from the priesthood of the great white Jehovah. Such was the curse that remained in me because Cain slew his brother. The sins of the fathers be upon the sins of the children forever and ever. This is according to the first and great commandment set forth by the white man who received it from their chief who is called Adam.

I, Zeptah, established a tent in a valley near a clear stream and there gave Ham sons and daughters. According to the prophecy King Pharaoh would rule the land in which he should inherit. My elder daughter discovered a land down yonder, many days travel, beyond the valleys and bordering the desert and it was a land that was under water and surrounded by salty sea. We moved our camp closer to that land with the intent to inherit the land whereby we could establish a new kingdom.

My beloved Ham was ever helpful in establishing and raising grapes in Noah's vineyards in which much wine was made. Noah became a winebibber and was drunken much of the time. During his many rages he would beat his wife and curse his sons. Noah spent his days as as drunken man and wondered about naked and confused.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II, III

Post by _moksha »

Shulem, do you know if after Jesus defeats Satan, whether God will appoint Trump to run Outer Darkness?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:31 am
Shulem, do you know if after Jesus defeats Satan, whether God will appoint Trump to run Outer Darkness?
Let me check the logbook and I'll get back to you on that. I'll check the current roster too. But to my understanding nobody in the Godhead will go down to Outer Darkness to tell anyone what to do. The scriptures make it clear that the Holy Spook will administer over the Telestial Kingdom but that's as far as the poor white fool will go. Down further, into Telestial?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I don't seem to recall Nibley or Gee using parallels to show how the Book of Abraham is not an authentic Egyptian record. It's all one sided with the approach to validate anything and everything using parallels to show that there are similarities no matter how strong or weak they may seem. A parallel here and a parallel there, but never *any* solid evidence. It's like a magician's trick designed to fool and deceive the gullible. That's the kind of life Gee has lived and that is *who* he is today. Gee is the product of what he has practiced for all these years while always looking for parallels and ideas to support the cause but never able to come to any real hard evidence and proof to show the Book of Abraham is authentic. Little wonder nobody will ever join the Church over the Book of Abraham. Little wonder there aren't any nonMormon Egyptologists that embrace the Book of Abraham in the slightest degree.

Anyway, not to get the thread off track but I couldn't resist in showing how the Church depends on using parallels to keep the faithful -- hoping -- that the Church is still true, regardless of the lack of evidence and regardless of the evidence to show it is not.

The Book of Abraham is a fraud. It's not a genuine Egyptian record. It flies in the face of everything I know about Egyptology and the historical time line of its kings and dynasties and especially the time preceding the dynasties (0-30) wherein predynastic Egypt (Naqada periods I & II) are nonexistent when considering the idea that the Book of Abraham's Zeptah founded Egypt in the first place. There is not enough time to squeeze the biblical account and Joseph Smith's Book of Abraham into ancient Egypt. They are not compatible in the least bit. This is the ultimate nail in the coffin. Often I talk about Facsimile No. 3, but the SILVER BULLET is the Egyptian timeline that disagrees with Smith's revelations about the age of human life on planet earth and the timeline from Adam to Christ. The Church totally loses the game. The evidence is in the DIRT & SAND of Egypt. We have records and historical accounts to PROVE that Smith's math is absolutely wrong.

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg