Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II, III

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I

Post by Philo Sofee »

moksha wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote:The Ta-sherit-Min scroll and the Hor scroll were not buried/found on the same mummy. Hor was male and Ta-sherit-Min was a female.

Unless they were found together in a compromising position.

Everything would have been fine, the papyri were between them. If not, that has to be a world record for the longest held boner..... :wink:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:Absolutely D.E.V.A.S.T.A.T.I.N.G.

Showing the actual witnesses evidence and what Joseph Smith taught them and what they repeated. Brilliant!!!

Thanks, Philo, for the positive review!

When it comes down to it, all that really matters is what Joseph Smith said and that his followers believed in what he said with faith and determination. All that counts and all that matters is the combined words and testimony of Joseph Smith and his eyewitness followers! Mormons today can do nothing to change Smith's words or tell Smith what he really meant. Modern day apologists are attempting to rewrite history and change things in order to save their faith in the Book of Abraham. Today's saints don't accept the published account of the Book of Abraham in the same manner as the saints did when it was first published in the Times and Seasons and later canonized in 1880. Today's Mormons have taken a much different position and don't share that common ground in which the original Mormons had in the Book of Abraham translation ESPECIALLY the Explanations of the Facsimiles which are nothing but thorns on the Abrahamic bush.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Doctrine and Covenants Stories Chapter 38, The Pearl of Great Price
The Book of Abraham

I think it's appropriate to add some clips and snips about the Book of Abraham used by the church today to indoctrinate LDS children about the origins of the Book of Abraham.

I'll comment on them!

THE CHURCH OF Jesus Christ OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS wrote:Image

The second part of the Pearl of Great Price is the book of Abraham. In July 1835, a man named Mr. Chandler came to Kirtland. He showed the Saints some mummies from Egypt. Long ago, people in Egypt used cloth to wrap the bodies of people who died. These bodies are called mummies.

These are the "4,000" year old mummies that were in possession of the rolls of Abraham and Joseph. One of them was a "king" of Egypt. Joseph Smith learned these things by revelation and the Holy Ghost confirmed it was true.

Some rolls of very old paper were with the mummies. Some strange writing was on the paper, and Mr. Chandler was looking for someone who could read it. He had heard that Joseph Smith could translate the writing.

The ancient papyri contained the "writings" of Abraham and Joseph and the actual "signature" of Abraham was found therein. Joseph Smith was able to read the writing and he translated the hieroglyphic characters into the English language.

Joseph looked at the writing. The Lord revealed to him what some of it meant, and he told Mr. Chandler. Some of the Saints bought the rolls of paper from Mr. Chandler.

Joseph Smith looked at the roll of "Abraham, written by his own hand," and knew what it meant. He looked at the vignette of Abraham sitting on the king's throne and called it Facsimile No. 3.

Joseph Smith began to study the writing, and God revealed the translation to him. Oliver Cowdery and William Phelps wrote what Joseph translated. The writing was by the great prophet Abraham, who had lived in Egypt long ago.

Joseph Smith translated the scroll of Abraham from Egyptian into English by the revelation of God. He identified and revealed important people who met with the great prophet Abraham:

"King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head."

"Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand."

"Shulem, one of the king’s principal waiters, as represented by the characters above his hand."

Fence Sitter
God

Post by Fence Sitter »

Shulem,

Terrific work!

What year did the church publish the cartoon representations of Joseph Smith translating the Book of Abraham, you just posted? And, are they still currently being used?
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Fence Sitter wrote:Shulem,

Terrific work!

What year did the church publish the cartoon representations of Joseph Smith translating the Book of Abraham, you just posted? And, are they still currently being used?

Thanks! Here is the link:

Doctrine and Covenants Stories wrote:
link:

Doctrine and Covenants Stories Chapter 38, The Pearl of Great Price
The Book of Abraham

Published by
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Salt Lake City, Utah

© 1983, 2002 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Re: Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part I, II, III

Post by Shulem »

Oh what the hell.

:twisted:

I got to keep up with RFM! He's on a roll.

Without further ado, here's PART III

Here comes the Book of Abraham, baby! You will LEARN some amazing new things about the Book of Abraham -- I promise you that! This is cutting edge anti-apologetic material you don't want to miss! Get in the loop and stay informed!

Scroll on down to Here Comes The Book of Abraham Part III and find out what you don't know!

Are you ready? Woo hoo!

----------------------------------------------------------------
And get ready for Part IV which will blow your mind!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Zep -adeedoo-Ptah! It's a miracle!

Post by Shulem »

"Hi everybody! I'm Zeptah, the good fairy of Mormonism. I'm making the Book of Abraham come true for you!

Zep -adeedoo-Ptah!

I've got a boy's name but I'm really a girl. Would you like to see under my dress?"

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Pearl of Great Price Central Zeptah and Egyptes
Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:The name of Ham’s wife in all three Kirtland-era manuscripts is either “Zep-tah” or “Zeptah”
Splitting the name of the god Ptah is proof that Smith and his scribes had no idea they were dealing with a god's name in the first place. The Mormon translators were clueless about what Zeptah might mean in the Egyptian tongue and the serious implications of what the hyphen did to the word -- split him in two. Separation of the 'P' from the rest of the name goes to show the Mormons had no grasp of the Egyptian language, whatsoever.

Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:The name Zeptah stands out since it could very plausibly be a rendering of the Egyptian name Siptah (sꜣ ptḥ), meaning “son of [the god] Ptah.”
Yes, that's correct. The name Zeptah means "son of Ptah" and let's be clear that a SON is always a MALE! So, whoever bears the name must be a male. But in the case of the Book of Abraham manuscript the name is being applied to a female! Females are not sons and neither are they male.
Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:This name, as well as its feminine equivalent “daughter of [the god] Ptah” (sꜣt ptḥ), is attested during the likely time of Abraham (circa 2,000–1,800 BC).5 It is also the name of an Egyptian king who lived many centuries after Abraham
You are absolutely mistaken when you say "equivalent" in stating the feminine version is "equivalent" to the male. One is male and the other is female. There is nothing "equivalent" about it! The same standard could be applied to English: Paul and Paula are not equivalent names. Paula has the letter 'a' which makes it feminine but Paul does not. Similarly,"sꜣt ptḥ" has the letter 't' which makes it female, a daughter.
Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:The spelling of the name with a Z instead of an S is not a problem for the Book of Abraham, since in the Egyptian language of Abraham’s time “these two consonants were pronounced the same, like English s as in set.” They were “essentially one consonant [in the Egyptian language of this time], and could often be written interchangeably.”
I agree that the spelling of the Z or the S is not a problem -- it's the same. But where the problem lies is that there is no determinative T in the name Zeptah to make it female as one who is a daughter of Ptah. The person in the Book of Abraham is given the masculine name. That is utterly wrong. It's proof the Book of Abraham is false.
Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:But why would a woman have a man’s name like Zeptah? One possibility is that the name was confused by ancient scribes copying the text after Abraham’s lifetime.
That has to be the most stupid and silliest excuse to defend Joseph Smith's blunder that I've ever heard. Give me a freaking break. Do not insult my intelligence. You're trying to blame the Egyptian scribes just like Nibley tried to blame Smith's scribes. It's all about blaming anyone and everyone other than who the blame properly belongs to, Smith. Blame it on Smith for God's sake.

The story of the Book of Abraham is quite clear. There are 8 people in the whole story. Noah and his wife. That leaves 6 people left. Shem, Ham, Japheth and their wives. The story makes it perfectly clear that the Ham's wife was a woman -- having a curse -- and that she bore a son who became the first king of Egypt.

Mormon apologists do nothing but insult my intelligence trying to sell their snake oil. Their tactics are evil and reprehensible. Oh how Mormons love to be deceived and deceive others. It's in their blood. It's who they are. Brainwashed and altogether sold to lying.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Pearl of Great Price Central wrote wrote: This seems to have happened before to other ancient Egyptian figures, including, potentially, a male Egyptian king named Netjerkare Siptah who lived before Abraham’s lifetime and who appears to have been mistaken as a beautiful woman for almost 2,000 years because of ancient scribal mistakes.
Apples and oranges for comparisons. Do not insult my intelligence you idiot Mormon scholar! The fact of the matter is that ZEPTAH is the main character of the story pertaining to Egypt's origins. There is no mistaking that! There were 4 couples on the ark -- 4 boys and 4 girls. Zeptah was the black sheep (literally) of the group -- the cursed woman of Cain!

Idiot Mormon scholars!

So, why didn't Joseph Smith correct the ancient Egyptian scribe telling the story about the first 8 people who repopulated the earth? Why did Smith also go along with the error just like he went along with the errors of the KJV and relied upon Adam Clarke for information -- he made a mistake in calling a woman by a man's name. SMITH DID IT! Not the Egyptians.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:Perhaps a similar problem happened when the Book of Abraham was copied over the centuries.
Perhaps? Perhaps?! I'll give you a perhaps: PERHAPS you're an idiot!

Blame the ancient Egyptian scribes for Smith's false translation in calling a woman by a man's name, a king's name no less!

Mormon scholarship is depravity. Turds floating in a toilet -- Mormon scholarship is sewer. Filthy lies. Pearl of Great Price Central is a SEWER!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:Alternatively, Egyptologist Vivienne G. Callender argues that Netjerkare Siptah was in fact a woman ruler named Neitikrety Siptah, despite the masculine form of Siptah in her name . . . .
That has been argued. So what. It doesn't compare with the story we get from the Book of Abraham and Joseph Smith who is supposed to be translating by the gift and power of God. There is simply no comparing these examples and your attempt to marry another parallel with the Book of Abraham is abominable.

The mother of the Egyptian race as told in the Book of Abraham was a mother. She was supposedly named before she met Ham by her own parents. She was not given a masculine name prior to the flood as a prophecy that she would be kinglike and establish a new empire. Also, her entire family were drowned in the flood. She just so happened to get a free ride because Ham wanted to ride her! The facts are simple. Smith invented a name. It just so happened to be an Egyptian name. But it's a male name and it doesn't fit with the story at all. It doesn't make sense and rings totally untrue.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Pearl of Great Price Central wrote:While we may not be able to currently answer these questions entirely, what can be said is that the name Zeptah in the Book of Abraham is, arguably, authentically Egyptian.
The wormy (turd) Mormon apologist is not going to attempt to explain how Zeptah got her name in the first place! What was Zeptah's parents doing worshipping the god Ptah prior to the flood -- prior to Egypt? Before Zeptah there was no Egypt and there was no Ptah!

Stupid apologists. The Mormons are sewer! That includes Daniel C Peterson who is nothing but a log in the sewer. A fat one at that!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Meet the mother of the Egyptian race

Post by Shulem »

I am Zeptah, I will tell my story.

I came from the people of Canaan, who are black. My people were cursed by Adam and kept from the priesthood. I left my people and wondered about until I met Ham in a bar that serves much liquor and wine too. He told me that the earth was about to be destroyed by a flood and everyone would perish except for his family. I begged Ham to save me from the flood and offered myself to him as a sacrifice. We made love all day and all of the night and vowed our vow. That night, an angel appeared and told us that our firstborn son would become a great king in a new land yet to be discovered and that his name should be called King Pharaoh. The angel said that after the flood there would be a confusion of tongues and the earth would be divided. I praised the god Ptah and vowed that my own name Zeptah would be preserved through my posterity in honor of the gods! But Ham kept all these things in his heart and vowed to save my life on the ark in which his family was building.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

Stop laughing at me, ye shall all perish!

Ha ha ha, Noah's son married a darkie!

Ha ha ha ha ha!
Last edited by Shulem on Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Santa Noah Claus builds an ark

Post by Shulem »

Ye children be white and delightsome, a goodly lot -- fine looking stock. Perhaps, God willing, he might save you on me ark when the floods come. But the darkies in the land of Canaan shall perish because they are loathsome and cursed -- children of Cain, the first murderer.

Have ye children ever met a darkie?

Shulem
Son of Perdition

The animals may enter but not Zeptah for she is cursed!

Post by Shulem »

Father Noah at 600 years of age, stands his ground.

Thus saith the Lord, let the animals enter but the rest of humanity, even black Zeptah, an idol worshipper from the land of Canaan in whom Ham hath sinned and copulated with a daughter of Cain must perish in the flood! Woe unto those who mingle seed with the children of Cain, for unto such be death on the spot, even Zeptah must die! Woe unto my son for disobeying the divine commandment of Jehovah! Ham must repent in sackcloth and ash.

Woe, woe, unto the whole earth for all the children of men will perish in the flood and God's work will begin anew. Jehovah is loving and just.

Meanwhile, in the rear of the ark, an amazing event is taking place wherein Ham has been confined and repenting for breaking his temple oath of sustaining a White and Delightsome people to the glory of God:

Hold on my dear Zeptah, I will pull you to safety and your life will be preserved!

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Egypt's Making

Post by Shulem »

I, Zeptah, after having been rescued by my beloved Ham remained kept at the rear of the ark in a hidden room behind the zebras and the rhinos. There, I remained for 150 days in secret and only Ham knew of this great secret which he kept from his father.

After the ark rested upon the mountain of a strange new land did Ham set me free and revealed my presence to his family. Father Noah repented himself before me but commanded that I be set outside the camp and to prepare to find a new land wherein my posterity may dwell being separated from the white children that should inherit the earth. My people would forever be servants to the White and Delightsome race and barred from the priesthood of the great white Jehovah. Such was the curse that remained in me because Cain slew his brother. The sins of the fathers be upon the sins of the children forever and ever. This is according to the first and great commandment set forth by the white man who received it from their chief who is called Adam.

I, Zeptah, established a tent in a valley near a clear stream and there gave Ham sons and daughters. According to the prophecy King Pharaoh would rule the land in which he should inherit. My elder daughter discovered a land down yonder, many days travel, beyond the valleys and bordering the desert and it was a land that was under water and surrounded by salty sea. We moved our camp closer to that land with the intent to inherit the land whereby we could establish a new kingdom.

My beloved Ham was ever helpful in establishing and raising grapes in Noah's vineyards in which much wine was made. Noah became a winebibber and was drunken much of the time. During his many rages he would beat his wife and curse his sons. Noah spent his days as as drunken man and wondered about naked and confused.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Shulem, do you know if after Jesus defeats Satan, whether God will appoint Trump to run Outer Darkness?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

moksha wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:31 am
Shulem, do you know if after Jesus defeats Satan, whether God will appoint Trump to run Outer Darkness?
Let me check the logbook and I'll get back to you on that. I'll check the current roster too. But to my understanding nobody in the Godhead will go down to Outer Darkness to tell anyone what to do. The scriptures make it clear that the Holy Spook will administer over the Telestial Kingdom but that's as far as the poor white fool will go. Down further, into Telestial?

Shulem
Son of Perdition

Post by Shulem »

I don't seem to recall Nibley or Gee using parallels to show how the Book of Abraham is not an authentic Egyptian record. It's all one sided with the approach to validate anything and everything using parallels to show that there are similarities no matter how strong or weak they may seem. A parallel here and a parallel there, but never *any* solid evidence. It's like a magician's trick designed to fool and deceive the gullible. That's the kind of life Gee has lived and that is *who* he is today. Gee is the product of what he has practiced for all these years while always looking for parallels and ideas to support the cause but never able to come to any real hard evidence and proof to show the Book of Abraham is authentic. Little wonder nobody will ever join the Church over the Book of Abraham. Little wonder there aren't any nonMormon Egyptologists that embrace the Book of Abraham in the slightest degree.

Anyway, not to get the thread off track but I couldn't resist in showing how the Church depends on using parallels to keep the faithful -- hoping -- that the Church is still true, regardless of the lack of evidence and regardless of the evidence to show it is not.

The Book of Abraham is a fraud. It's not a genuine Egyptian record. It flies in the face of everything I know about Egyptology and the historical time line of its kings and dynasties and especially the time preceding the dynasties (0-30) wherein predynastic Egypt (Naqada periods I & II) are nonexistent when considering the idea that the Book of Abraham's Zeptah founded Egypt in the first place. There is not enough time to squeeze the biblical account and Joseph Smith's Book of Abraham into ancient Egypt. They are not compatible in the least bit. This is the ultimate nail in the coffin. Often I talk about Facsimile No. 3, but the SILVER BULLET is the Egyptian timeline that disagrees with Smith's revelations about the age of human life on planet earth and the timeline from Adam to Christ. The Church totally loses the game. The evidence is in the DIRT & SAND of Egypt. We have records and historical accounts to PROVE that Smith's math is absolutely wrong.