Blake Ostler Erupts with Rage on Faith-Promoting Rumor

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dan Vogel
_Emeritus

Re: Blake Ostler Erupts with Rage on Faith-Promoting Rumor

Post by _Dan Vogel »

Dr Moore wrote:I read Ostler’s interview of McMurrin today (1981). He presented as a balanced and thoughtful individual at the time - and with an admitted heretic no less - as a student, if I am reading the preface correctly.

So, what happened?

When and why did Ostler don the mask of the raving lunatic thug who blasts anonymous heretics as cowards? What traumatic event catalyzed his metamorphosis from nuanced student caterpillar into the Menacing Moth of Mormon Madness?

This reminds me of the time when I was attending the Sunstone Symposium in the Hotel Utah in 1986 and met McMurrin for the first time. I had just published Indian Origins in 1986 as a senior in the University. I walked up to the Signature Books table where George Smith and McMurrin were talking about my book and McMurrin was praising it. George said the author is right behind you and McMurrin turned around, shook my hand, looked me in the eye, and said: “Young man, you are going to have a brilliant career.” Wow! I was just beginning my scholarly journey and that meant a great deal to me. I had read his books and articles and so I highly valued his opinion.
I do not want you to think that I am very righteous, for I am not.
Joseph Smith (History of the Church 5:401)
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

It appears to me he was more prophetic than the vast majority of church leaders have been since he uttered those words to you......
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

It seems that Blake Ostler has fully recovered from his butt-hurt and is now posting again on "Faith Promoting Rumor." Good for him. So far there haven't been any temper tantrums or anything of that nature, but it's still early. We'll see how long this lasts.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:48 am
It seems that Blake Ostler has fully recovered from his butt-hurt and is now posting again on "Faith Promoting Rumor." Good for him. So far there haven't been any temper tantrums or anything of that nature, but it's still early. We'll see how long this lasts.
He's hopefully bound to be more interesting to talk about than coach and Midget.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Blake Ostler wrote: And Dr. Scratch — really? You do know that Dr. Midgely has passed, right? Truly you are disgusting.
I fully buy Mr. Ostler's explanation that by passed, he meant gaseous emanations coming from Professor Midgley.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I honestly dunno which hole he passes more gas through, perhaps a meter attached on both ends of him for a month for accurate measuring would be appropriate.......
Dr CamNC4Me
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Bump, just because this thread is so damn good....
Dr CamNC4Me
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:36 pm
Bump, just because this thread is so damn good....
Get ur F u c k i n g ASS back to the other board.

This board is closed.

:lol: