Midgley, keeping tabs on “the enemy”

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lemmie
God

Midgley, keeping tabs on “the enemy”

Post by Lemmie »

I know I am new to the mopologist world, so maybe this is nothing but I was more than a little disturbed to read this response to Dr. Shades, by Midgley, after Midgley listed a bunch of items he “learned” about Shades by listening in on a conversation between Shades and another person:

Dr. Shades >> Louis Midgley 3 hours ago

You secretly wrote down a conversation I was having with a different person, and you kept an electronic file on me containing no less than ten different items. . . and you expect me to believe that you're NOT interested in my favorite song??

Color me skeptical.

——
Louis Midgley >> Dr. Shades 3 hours ago

Dear Dr. Shades:

Secretly? I merely made a tiny note of a very amusing conversation. And the nine other items were merely placed in a file under your real name...

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/danp ... 4580766409

:eek:

Lemmie
God

Re: Midgley, keeping tabs on “the enemy”

Post by Lemmie »

Omg it gets worse. (Same link):

Louis Midgley Dr. Shades 3 hours ago

I am actually not at all interested in "Dr. Shades" at all. Merely a bit amused. I have, however, long been interested in critics of the Church of Jesus Christ, and even in those who are clearly crackpots driven by some malevolent passion.

Nine of the ten items were what i saved from what others, several of whom were then fellow FairMormon volunteers, had uncovered about "Dr. Shades."

I was merely a casual observer, who make a file. Except for that one instance when a very nervous and hesitant "Dr. Shades" had that conversation with Richard Anderson, I given exactly no attention to "Dr. Shades." Until he began making cameo appearances of Dan's blog, and sent a bunch of fake doctors and fake professors to opine and/or up-vote what is clearly false and evil stuff being posted by critics on Dan's blog.

Uncovered!? Others?! SEVERAL OTHERS?? What on earth is wrong with these people???

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Midget 21 hours ago

And it is not really strange for someone to call themselves a Little Old Donkey? Grunt, grunt, or whatever Donkey do!

BYU, folks.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.

Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Any way to see samples of Midgley's blog comments from, say, five years ago? Were they more consistently free of grammatical slips and left-out words or was he always a careless writer in this kind of forum?

I'm still worried that we might all be rolling our eyes at someone in the early stages of dementia. His comments are weird as well as obnoxious and he doesn't write like most professors I know. Perhaps he was always obnoxious but has his writing declined?

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Physics Guy wrote:Any way to see samples of Midgley's blog comments from, say, five years ago?

site:patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/ midgley

After scrolling through some hits I rando clicked on this:

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... qus_thread

Dumb.

If you look further back Louis Midget has always been a semi-literate ____. BYU’s public face, folks.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Physics Guy wrote:Any way to see samples of Midgley's blog comments from, say, five years ago? Were they more consistently free of grammatical slips and left-out words or was he always a careless writer in this kind of forum?

I'm still worried that we might all be rolling our eyes at someone in the early stages of dementia. His comments are weird as well as obnoxious and he doesn't write like most professors I know. Perhaps he was always obnoxious but has his writing declined?

Do you think it is dementia that has him imagining that several FairMormon members contributed to keeping a file on Dr. Shades’ IRL data? Or is it just dementia that is spilling the beans now?

Either way Peterson doesn’t seem to think it’s necessary to protect his friend from himself, but maybe someone should ask him about it.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Louis Midgley > Dr. Shades

11 hours ago edited

The reason is that I needed just a bit of a nudge, which you were kind enough to provide, to check a file that is packed with some curious but also grimy details. Without fake doctors turning up from what some might see as a kind of gutter, if not open sewer, or what Dan described as "your toxic hate site." and you making cameo appearances on Dan's blog filled with challenges and whatever, I would not have recalled an item in the FairMormon wiki, nor did I remember once knowing about something that once took at Sunstone.

At one point I started keeping electronic files. And, for an odd reason, the very first item in an old electronic file just happens to consist of perhaps ten separate items with amusing bits of information about you, without the fake doctor handle, none of which I will mention. It seems that others at FairMormon have addressed your speculation about two different types of "Mormon" identity that you once insisted clash. And that has been mentioned recently on this very blog entry.

This has to be one of Dr. Scratch's watershed moments. BYU faculty implicated in a Watergate'ish scandal of keeping enemy dossiers verified by The Midge.

- Doc

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Mr. Midgley wrote:I was merely a casual observer, who make a file.

This says it all about the moral bankruptcy of Mopologetics and also the inability to think clearly about morality.
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Midgley doesn't know it yet as the beans have not been spilled, but I and some very secret internet friends are keeping files on him, Peterson, Kiwi57, and Peter Pan. Needless to say, we have unearthed some amazing stuff! It will be very useful in the future, especially after the Witnesses Film comes out. My connections at BYU (and a onetime insider at FARMS) has and is proving very useful!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked, since the Mopologists can’t defeat the critics on the field of battle, so they have no real choice but to ferret out their opponents’ personal details.

Still, being cyber-stalked is a very odd feeling. Perhaps I should be flattered that they consider me that important.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

You know, Dr. Shades, the Mopologists are world class experts of manufactured drama. They've known you for decades, have a file on you, and haven't ever thought anything at all about your name until just a few weeks ago. One day, you innocuously refer to Midgley as Mr. Midgley, and DCP levels the most clever insult he's conjured in years and pats himself on the back, but then Mr. Midgley blows it totally out of proportion by insisting that you are a phony Ph.D. while he is a real Ph.D.. DCP's barb wasn't actually directed at you for being a phony Ph.D.. But Midgley steps it up, and begins a crusade against you as a Phony doctor, as if you've made a career out of deception, and Kiwi and DCP go with it. I mean, how many real professors do you know who, when adopting a pseudonym for the internet, are sure to affix a "Dr." in front of the pseudonym?

And then, after several drawn out and laughable melt-downs where Midgley has boasted of his "real Ph.D." with Kiwi and DCP backing him up on the manufactured scandal that they've fooled themselves with, literally screaming at the world to ridicule them, he declares that Dr. Shades is not only responsible for deception about his academic background, but has personally sent a horde of similar "phony doctors" to Dan's blog to defraud the readership, with fraudulent credentials.

And now on this very thread, where Midgley apparently has really fooled himself into believing that Dr. Shades from the very beginning, oh so long ago, has nefariously misrepresented himself as a Ph.D. all along, pulls something out of the docket they have on Shades. He, and then Kiwi, bring up Shades' "Internet Mormon / Chapel Mormon" divide. And then I kid you not, DCP goes into meltdown mode, demanding that Shades not "trot out" his "fatuous" theory again. My guess is that at the time Kiwi brought it up, it was the farthest thing from Shades' mind.
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Louis Midgley Dr. Shades 3 hours ago

Nine of the ten items were what I saved from what others, several of whom were then fellow FairMormon volunteers, had uncovered about "Dr. Shades."

This makes sense if you view FAIRMormon as the small clipping service wing of the larger Danite organization. What is different is that Dr. Midgley is not observing the Code of Omerta (silence) which is the oath all members of FairMormon swore when they first donned their black hoods and drank from the Postum Chalice.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Prescient thoughts, Dean Robbers. Thank you for sharing.

You wrote,

Gadianton wrote:He, and then Kiwi, bring up Shades' "Internet Mormon / Chapel Mormon" divide. And then I kid you not, DCP goes into meltdown mode, demanding that Shades not "trot out" his "fatuous" theory again. My guess is that at the time Kiwi brought it up, it was the farthest thing from Shades' mind.

You are 100% correct on that count, sir.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

aussieguy55
God

Post by aussieguy55 »

Where is the Chapel/internet list located now?
Hilary Clinton " I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's GDP.I won in places are optimistic diverse, dynamic, moving forward"

Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:After scrolling through some hits I rando clicked on this:

Hmm, yeah, there were a lot of careless glitches then, too. Sigh. I guess all I can really say about Midgley is that his posts are weird.
Last edited by Physics Guy on Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Savior (resurrected)

Post by Tom »

Odd behavior for one of the targets of the 1966 BYU spy debacle. Speaking of that episode, my favorite moment was when Dr. Midgley aggressively confronted BYU president Ernest Wilkinson on campus and demanded, “Why are you investigating [BYU political science professor] Ray Hillam? I have stronger feelings of hostility toward you than he does.”

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:After scrolling through some hits I rando clicked on this:

From your link:
Louis Midgley DiligentDave
3 years ago

Well, I must now say that I think that you have very much overstated all of what you have set out above. Please keep in mind the full range of admonitions in our scriptures for comity and civility.

For instance, in the famous passage in which the Apostle Peter urges all of us to "always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have," and hence, since he was urging us to defend our faith with reasons--that is, be apologists, he also added the following: "But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander" (1 Peter 3:15-16).

Rhetorical overkill is not necessary. We should strive fo "gentleness and respect" for the reasons Peter set out in that passage and elsewhere in his letters.

:rolleyes: Midgley obviously doesn’t believe THAT anymore. :rolleyes:

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Tom wrote:Odd behavior for one of the targets of the 1966 BYU spy debacle. Speaking of that episode, my favorite moment was when Dr. Midgley aggressively confronted BYU president Ernest Wilkinson on campus and demanded, “Why are you investigating [BYU political science professor] Ray Hillam? I have stronger feelings of hostility toward you than he does.”

:lol: I didn’t know that, thanks, Tom.

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

aussieguy55 wrote:Where is the Chapel/internet list located now?

It's at:

http://www.mormoninformation.com/imvscm.htm

--Louis Midgley

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:
aussieguy55 wrote:Where is the Chapel/internet list located now?

It's at:

http://www.mormoninformation.com/imvscm.htm

I was on the FAIR email private list when you came out with this, and oh my GOD what a furor it caused for MONTHS!!!!! Discussions galore, worries, and all kinds of poobah. Fascinatingly, I agreed with you but didn't dare say anything because the majority greatly outweighed me back then. But I could see it as plain as day and at first said so. There is simply no way in hell John Q. Mormon is anything similar to sophisticated, well read, intelligent internet Mormon man! Ah, fun days.........

I was actually offended the apologists said I was every bit like chapel Mormons. THE HELL!!!! I at least READ scholarly books. The vast majority of Mormons don't and will not. I at least asked questions and tried to see all side, there is absolutely NO WAY a regular chapel Mormon does this.....EVER!!!! But I was voted down.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

MsJack
θεά

Post by MsJack »

Dr. Shades wrote:Still, being cyber-stalked is a very odd feeling. Perhaps I should be flattered that they consider me that important.

Not really. They enjoy picking on perceived low-hanging fruit.

They'll respond to a thousand Kristis and Dee Jay Nelsons before they'll even think about touching a Robert Ritner or an EAllusion or a MrStakhanovite. So their attention to you doesn't automatically mean you're important to them.

But, you have marshaled a Web forum that has given them a lot of trouble, and that isn't nothing.

(Also, if you were a woman, the feeling of being cyber-stalked would be quite normal by now. Welcome to the party, pal.)
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter