"Mormon TALK" IS BACK!!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lemmie
God

Re: JOIN US!! "Mormon Talk" is starting NOW!!

Post by Lemmie »

honorentheos wrote:Everyone knows Abinidi going to the people in disguise meant he went dressed in religious costume that the people of the Maya would recognize meant he had authority. It's one of the biggest bullseye's in the entire book. Otherwise it would be dumb to say he went in disguise but then declared himself right away...

Of course. What are the odds??!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr Exiled
God

Re: A twitch feed called "Mormon Talk" now exists.

Post by Dr Exiled »

Lemmie wrote::biggrin: Lemmie-baby says thank you, luv! (with one little correction. Red hair. You know, like Jessica Rabbit? :cool: )

I think I'm in love :biggrin:
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Lemmie wrote:
honorentheos wrote:Everyone knows Abinidi going to the people in disguise meant he went dressed in religious costume that the people of the Maya would recognize meant he had authority. It's one of the biggest bullseye's in the entire book. Otherwise it would be dumb to say he went in disguise but then declared himself right away...

Of course. What are the odds??!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess according to some experts they are 50 to 1 because that's the ceiling for this kind of thing. That might also seem arbitrary but in reality it's also a bullseye because the Mayans had a base 5 number system so 50 is two hands of their one hand base. In other words, it's the maximum countable on a person's hands using their base. It's just logic to understand modern assessments of probabilities have to consider limits within the Mayans system. Bullseye!
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

May I be the first to proudly ask, HOW COULD JOSEPH SMITH HAVE KNOWN??????

Thank you.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:I guess according to some experts they are 50 to 1 because that's the ceiling for this kind of thing. That might also seem arbitrary but in reality it's also a bullseye because the Mayans had a base 5 number system so 50 is two hands of their one hand base. In other words, it's the maximum countable on a person's hands using their base.

Actually, if one uses two hands of a one-hand base, the maximum countable is 25, not 50 (because 5 [right hand counting the "ones"] x 5 [left hand counting the "fives"] = 25).
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

But each hand represents 100 in base-5. 50 base-10 is 200 in base-5. That's one 100 per hand. Two hands gives you the reason why the odds are capped at one in fifty to us. It seems arbitrary until you realize it's perfectly logical if one is thinking like a Mayan. So bullseye!
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Did you ever figure out who Smokey is? He seems to have taken a keen interest in you, Dr. Shades.

- Doc

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Re: Join us in 10 minutes for "Mormon Talk!"

Post by Dr. Shades »

No, I haven't bothered. But yeah, he's certainly obsessed with me, all right.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley

Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Join us for "Mormon Talk" RIGHT NOW!!

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Shades submitted a great video of him singing "American Soldier." It was great.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

A confession: I was only lip synching.

--Louis Midgley

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

FYI: Smokey is claiming responsibility for this site's recent troubles over on the NOM board. I don't know how this site's problems occurred or what they were other than it didn't work. So, I don't know whether or not to believe his claims. However, this is what he is saying over there.

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Smokey is lying, of course. The site is having problems because the server did a PHP upgrade that wasn't backward-compatible with this board's software, nothing more.

--Louis Midgley

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Mormon Talk (LIVE Mondays at 8:00pm MDT)
@mormontalklive

ANNOUNCEMENT:

With sobriety and somberness, yet peace and assurance, Carson O. Kimball has resigned from Mormon Talk. He and his wife Scarlett are grateful for all of the wonderful experiences, and he will hold it all dearly in his heart.

He will be missed by many.
12:37 AM · Apr 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/mormontalklive/stat ... 5064986626

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Mormon Talk (LIVE Mondays at 8:00pm MDT)
@mormontalklive
·
11h
Replying to
@Treepey
I will definitely be considering Rebecca, but Brock has made it very hard to feature him on the show time and time again, and will not be making another appearance on the show.

The show takes a lot of brawn to host, and finding a candidate as powerful as Carson is unlikely.
?

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Re: "Mormon Talk" is on RIGHT NOW!! JOIN US!

Post by Dr. Shades »

Mormon Talk is on RIGHT NOW!! JOIN US!!

http://www.twitch.tv/mormontalk

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Goddamn that's unwatchable. I don't know how you guys do it.

- Doc

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:28 pm
Mormon Talk is on RIGHT NOW!! JOIN US!!

http://www.twitch.tv/mormontalk
How was the show broadcast without a host?

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Re: "Mormon Talk" starts in 30 minutes! (8:00 p.m. Utah time.) JOIN US!

Post by Dr. Shades »

"Mormon Talk" is on RIGHT NOW!! JOIN US!!

It's at: http://www.twitch.tv/mormontalk

It's hilarious already! Brett's COVID-19 mask is nearly the same color as the green screen behind him, so the background image is bleeding through the bottom half of his face. It's like he's wearing a lace bra over his face, or that the bottom half of his face is a ghost.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: "Mormon Talk" is on RIGHT NOW!! JOIN US!!

This is a total satire show. This bit about getting scammed and he can't get into his Google account and asking if someone works for Google tipped his hand.

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Either way, it's still funny, isn't it?

Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

OH MY GOSH. The show just took a turn for the bizarre.