more of gemli's gems

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
moksha
God

Re: more of gemli's gems

Post by moksha »

Here is one of my favorite interactions with Gemli:

Moksha gemli • 22 days ago
Gemli - But people born today have no more innate knowledge of how the universe really formed than he did...
What if they were given hidden knowledge by an angel and read stuff in an ancient buried book?

gemli Moksha • 22 days ago
Oh, well, that's different.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

moksha wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:00 am
Here is one of my favorite interactions with Gemli:

Moksha gemli • 22 days ago
Gemli - But people born today have no more innate knowledge of how the universe really formed than he did...
What if they were given hidden knowledge by an angel and read stuff in an ancient buried book?

gemli Moksha • 22 days ago
Oh, well, that's different.
:lol: That’s too funny. You guys make a great team.

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

True. Gemli and Moksha should take their act on the road.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Gemli wrote:I thought you'd be pleased that someone got the point of your post. Of course the point of many of your posts about science is to emphasize the wonder, uncertainty and the mystery that surrounds certain scientific topics. A title such as "The World is not as Real as we Think" implies that science is conceding the possibility of mysterious influences. It's a small step from that to the mystery of gods, angels, demons and all the other entities that populate the world of the devout devotee. Did I hit that nail on the head?
Yes, you hit the nail on the head.