Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Paloma
Teacher

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Paloma »

I sense that Dr. Midgley is impressed by credentials. Not that I expect him to read this, or to care in the slightest about who I am ... but, if I were speaking with him, here's what I'd say.

Yes, I know something about missionary experience. I've lived and worked in a very remote part of Africa for almost 15 years where I've been at the centre of cross-cultural communication initiatives, and contextualization of the Christian gospel (including being involved in original Bible translation).

I've travelled ... probably not as extensively as he and some of his friends. But I've been to 5 different continents and have lived in or visited over 30 different countries.

I have some Christian experience. I have masters level theological education and quite in-depth ministry experience.

I have educational experience too.

But really ... so what?!?

Paul says in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3:
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

One thing I've always aimed for is to understand and identify with "the least of these". (That's what brought me into this online sphere, as I became close to Mormon missionaries, some of whom went through painful faith crises upon returning home. I somewhat journeyed with them as they tried to reintegrate '''back home" as "no-longer believers".)

I say all this because I do know where the LDS apologists are coming from in their Christian values and ideals.

I'm also not at all put off by those who have abandoned Christianity or who see no validity in it. Mutual respect for everyone is purely that ... respect for everyone! Devaluing people, having disdain for people, cannot be on the table for Christians (and I freely - and sadly - admit that many non-Christians put Christians to shame in this area!).

Jesus identified with the outcasts and the marginalized. For him, there were no insiders and outsiders, no "impressive" people, no "enemies'. He called those who would belittle and demean and hold oppressive power over others to a better way:

Mark 10: 42-45:
"Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

test
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Dr LOD wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:56 pm
With Midgley there is always a certain degree of psychological projection contained in what he says...
There really is, isn’t there? Speaking of that....
Louis Midgley peredehuit 2 hours ago

And it would help a great deal if Donald Trump would shut up and also have his bloody tweeter taken away. And then let the experts do the talking.

http://disq.us/p/29s5th8
:lol: That is just too funny. Midgley should pay attention to his inner tweeter. I think it is trying to send him a signal.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What an odd little evil elf:

“Moksha: I have exactly no interest in arguing with Dr. Shades about anything. If you have been paying any attention, you would have noticed that I bold face real names, and handles, and especially the fake doctors". Just scroll up a bit and you will see that I placed Dr. Shades in in bold face six times.”

Lol. Wtf. BYU professor. Mormon priesthood holder. Furious ‘bolder’.

- Doc

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Lol. Wtf. BYU professor. Mormon priesthood holder. Furious ‘bolder’.
Did he learn this from Smokey?
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Louis Midgley • 2 hours ago

I take comfort in the thought that God can even turn stones, or stoney hearted gents, into hopefully genuine Saints.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4946112356
Let me guess, is that because all the women are already saint-like? :rolleyes:

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Midgley continues his psychological projection:
Louis Midgley USSJohnson • 44 minutes ago • edited

Moksha is genuinely ignorable. Does he have a job? A family? Real friends? It seems that those on that thing operated by Dr. Dark does not satisfy Mok's longing for attention.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4949463269
This is genuinely sad. Midgley no longer has a job, and now is questioning whether he has real friends, as well as longing for attention. It seems like “that thing operated by Dr. Dark” is calling to him.

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:26 pm

This is genuinely sad. Midgley no longer has a job, and now is questioning whether he has real friends, as well as longing for attention. It seems like “that thing operated by Dr. Dark” is calling to him.
What about the thing he posts on? That's a source of light? :confused:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Projectionus Maximux:

“Moksha is weak on history.”

“Rats! I forgot to add that he was the second Jewish Governor of a State. I just did a little search.“

The little stolen valor ____ is as insufferable as ever!

- Doc

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Louis Midgley Dr. Shades • 2 hours ago • edited

Shades: I am probably not the only one who is both amused and puzzled that a [IRL occupation] is now working from home. How can such a one be keeping an eye on what is being posted on Professor Peterson's blog the way this one does? This seems strange to me for several reasons. I am not, however, requesting an explanation.

http://disq.us/p/29vjeov
Of course you are not, Midgley the Creep. You are just doing what cyberstalkers do: post private information in an inappropriate manner. Moksha defined the word “ Midgley” recently:

Moksha Louis Midgley

Please Note: Midgley is Valdusian for "a person who regularly stalks those he believes he can bully with impunity and then denies that he is a stalker".

http://disq.us/p/28utz8y
Absolutely accurate.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

yikes, that comment section is a gold mine. Where to even begin....
FARMS refuted:

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Among other things, COVID-19 has led me to ask if, for instance, we really need all those many hundreds of huge, fancy cruise ships mostly for older people presumably with disposable income so they can stuff themselves with food, and to gamble, get drunk, briefly see places about which they know little or nothing, and will learn essentially nothing about the place, people or history or much of anything that they visit.

The last thing a sane person would want would be being trapped on one of those huge rigs with those with this terrible new virus. And especially locked into an inner stateroom, without even a tiny porthole or window. Or even in the most fancy and expensive of staterooms. And without one's own library, and so forth...

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4951414407
Huh. Did he not realize CruiseLady was putting him on a big Princess cruise liner for his trip earlier this year? I wonder, why exactly did Midgley take that cruise to New Zealand?

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

The insufferable little asshole, lyin’ Lou Midgley, continues to disrespect a good man’s profession:

“As Dr. Shades knows well, I once heard him explain to Richard Anderson that this was then his current employment. If Dr. Shades has subsequently shifted to a different kind of employment, that is fine with me. If he does not care to indicate what that might be, that is perfectly fine with me. However, one thing is clear, Dr. Shades is not an academic, nor is he a scholar.”

Boy. Can you imagine being a TBM who works in law enforcement, or some other blue collar field, and reading this little ____’s edicts about your trade? He can straight go ____ himself.

- Doc

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:37 pm
The insufferable little asshole, lyin’ Lou Midgley, continues to disrespect a good man’s profession:

“As Dr. Shades knows well, I once heard him explain to Richard Anderson that this was then his current employment. If Dr. Shades has subsequently shifted to a different kind of employment, that is fine with me. If he does not care to indicate what that might be, that is perfectly fine with me. However, one thing is clear, Dr. Shades is not an academic, nor is he a scholar.”

Boy. Can you imagine being a TBM who works in law enforcement, or some other blue collar field, and reading this little ____’s edicts about your trade? He can straight go ____ himself.

- Doc
Why isn't he embarrassed of himself always trying to dig into people's IRL information? That guy has no self awareness. At all.

Thankfully the academics/scholars on this board aren't all smug and s-hit like that. And, they aren't defensively insecure either.

Live in a vacuum much, Midgley?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

My LORD the little ol’ professor from Provo, Utah who taught at a middling LDS school of sorts for some time, really shows how fragile he is. He’s still reeling, having ventured out from the safety of Dan’s skirt, to harass Ms. Colvin, and got a big ol’ dose of karma. Look how he continues to swoon on his fainting couch:

“Dr. Shades: Demonic is not at all extreme. I will be pleased to make you a much longer list of what was falsely said about me, if you like to be reminded of what you voted either up or down for 46 times--that is, for virtually all of the most false, insulting, nasty things with which I was pelted by your very one minions. I was falsely accused of stalking eleven times, being a bully twice, of trolling once, of being a racist four times, of being a bigot once, of being a liar once, and setting lie after lie about matters that sixteen others witnessed, on being angry once, of angry rants once, of harassing people twice, of fabricating stories once, of being vicious once, and so forth. And this is just the beginning.“

Lol. My LORD MY GOD, look how poor, poor little Louis makes his marks, tallies his slights, and files away all the injustices he suffered from the public! Oh, the horror! The calamity! The upvotes! The downvotes! Oh me, oh my!

- Doc

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:34 pm
My LORD the little ol’ professor from Provo, Utah who taught at a middling LDS school of sorts for some time, really shows how fragile he is. He’s still reeling, having ventured out from the safety of Dan’s skirt, to harass Ms. Colvin, and got a big ol’ dose of karma. Look how he continues to swoon on his fainting couch:

“Dr. Shades: Demonic is not at all extreme. I will be pleased to make you a much longer list of what was falsely said about me, if you like to be reminded of what you voted either up or down for 46 times--that is, for virtually all of the most false, insulting, nasty things with which I was pelted by your very one minions. I was falsely accused of stalking eleven times, being a bully twice, of trolling once, of being a racist four times, of being a bigot once, of being a liar once, and setting lie after lie about matters that sixteen others witnessed, on being angry once, of angry rants once, of harassing people twice, of fabricating stories once, of being vicious once, and so forth. And this is just the beginning.“

Lol. My LORD MY GOD, look how poor, poor little Louis makes his marks, tallies his slights, and files away all the injustices he suffered from the public! Oh, the horror! The calamity! The upvotes! The downvotes! Oh me, oh my!

- Doc
:lol: :lol: :lol: Golly, he s almost as picked on as Donald Trump......... but not to fear, Elohim is near!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:34 pm

- Doc
Lol. He miscounted then. He was rightly accused of harassment many times more than twice. Stalking only eleven times, bullying twice, racist four times? Those might be undercounts also.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

The only thing that's important to poor, poor Louis Midgley is to be safely ensconced away in his little brick house located in a city called Provo, Utah where he spent some time as an LDS teacher of some sort, and where some say, he held a certain regard for his Mormon teachers and priests at some point, but these days thinks himself high above anyone who didn't teach theology at a school of some importance, say, like Claremont College (now known as Claremont McKenna after those terrible feminists began to raise a ruckus). Some say he fled his home in Salt Lake City because too many Lamanites were moving in, and instead he made his home in that city called Provo, Utah where he could practice his priestcraft with relatively little oversight. I don't really want to know what his motivation may have been, although he is free to discuss it or not. I don't really know or care.

Anyway. Lou just makes ____ up.

- Doc

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Was this what Shades meant when he indicated that the Professor liked to eavesdrop on private conversations in a stalker-like manner?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Wow. The Mormon response to gemli has reached a new low.

gemli DanielPeterson • 16 hours ago

Poor gemli has taken a few lumps, especially here.

——-
DanielPeterson Mod gemli • 10 hours ago

And we've enjoyed bestowing them!

Nothing personal, though.

http://disq.us/p/29w2lpu

——
Louis Midgley gemli • 4 hours ago

...all of which were very well deserved.
Oh my god. Nothing personal? Well-deserved????

What the hell is wrong with these people? The reputation they are cultivating with gemli’s followers is shameful. And now Midgley is crying he “cannot breathe” because of how bad he feels that people are commenting on his atrocious behavior. The racism inherent in his comment is inexcusable.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Was this what Shades meant when he indicated that the Professor liked to eavesdrop on private conversations in a stalker-like manner?
Apparently so.

Louis Midgley Dr. Shades 36 minutes ago

Well, I actually once heard Dr. Shades tell Richard Anderson that this was what he did for a living. Keep in mind that I have agreed not to use the real name of Dr. Shades, when he asked me not to do so. But I did not agree to not indicate what he told Richard Anderson about his employment at that time.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4952281153
What a jerk Midgley is.