Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Post Reply
User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20801
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It’s just the Mopologist Victimology 101 routine they follow. They act like like assholes, get some pushback, and then all of a sudden they act all hurt and befuddled like, “How could people be so cruel?”

- Doc

User avatar
Philo Sofee
God
Posts: 6251
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lemmie
Wow! The anonymous, cowardly, worthless, sneering, pretentious, libelous, arrogant, uninformed, judgmental, nasty, racist, poor, little (did I catch all his adjectives?) Kiwi is going to burst an aneurysm with all this hate!
No......he cannot be harmed. He wears the holy sacred powerful magical protective garments.

Lemmie
God
Posts: 10000
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Lemmie »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:07 pm
Lemmie
Wow! The anonymous, cowardly, worthless, sneering, pretentious, libelous, arrogant, uninformed, judgmental, nasty, racist, poor, little (did I catch all his adjectives?) Kiwi is going to burst an aneurysm with all this hate!
No......he cannot be harmed. He wears the holy sacred powerful magical protective garments.
Lol. I think they might be cutting off the blood flow to his little brain. Or his littler brain. Something has to explain his constant seething anger and complete lack of emotional control.

User avatar
moksha
God
Posts: 21845
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by moksha »

Lemmie wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:01 pm
2. I would remind my husband that Midgley is "mean and has publicly said cruel things about me" and rather than nearly inviting him to have dinner at our home, he might have defended me.

3. I could also prevent my husband from disclosing personal information that Midgley "might use in his rudeness."

...She later noted that her husband "clearly missed the name" when she read "the rude troll things" that Midgley has said.
Can you imagine the details of their life Louis Midgley would have revealed if Gina's husband had invited him home to dinner? Not sure how long her husband would have spent sleeping in the dog house for his inattentiveness to detail. :rolleyes:
It's like that person stationed at the Tokyo guard tower failing to pay attention to the notice of a giant radioactive lizard heading that way.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33131
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote: Lol. I think they might be cutting off the blood flow to his little brain. Or his littler brain. Something has to explain his constant seething anger and complete lack of emotional control.
He may come off as seethingly angry and lacking emotional control, but that's a persona you're looking at.

What I find interesting is that these people don't realize that the outside world might be looking in on a blog produced by an academic where the topic of discussion inevitably fixates on an obscure message board or trading barbs with it's participants. There's no self awareness there.

Time Lightbox.

Lemmie
God
Posts: 10000
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Lemmie »

Dr. Exiled Fourfingeredjake • 14 hours ago

His humor is harmless. A little mean-spiritedness is what makes it funny. Your host engages in it too when he jousts with certain commenters here. So, how about not being so easily offended?

—-
Kiwi57 Dr. Exiled • 10 hours ago

“His humor is harmless.“

Anti-Semites think Jew jokes are harmless.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4897567127
Whoa. I don’t know, Jersey Girl, if that’s the persona Pahoran/kiwi is deliberately putting on, then he’s treading in some very dangerous waters with remarks like that. I would prefer to believe he’s just out of control, because to deliberately say that is really sick. What an eyeful gemli’s never-mo followers are getting on that site. No reader of Peterson’s LDS blog is ever again going to refer to those “nice” Mormons.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33131
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Whoa. I don’t know, Jersey Girl, if that’s the persona Pahoran/kiwi is deliberately putting on, then he’s treading in some very dangerous waters with remarks like that. I would prefer to believe he’s just out of control, because to deliberately say that is really sick. What an eyeful gemli’s never-mo followers are getting on that site. No reader of Peterson’s LDS blog is ever again going to refer to those “nice” Mormons.
With regard to the anti-semite jew jokes. Proof positive that he never lifted a finger to check out Smokey. That said, while I don't follow that blog (only seeing snippets of it here when I look in on a thread) he's not saying anything he hasn't said in perhaps thousands of posts over the years. And that's the problem. He recycles those types of remarks and anyone who's read them repeatedly over time wouldn't be at all impressed. Rather they'd be impervious to it and recognize that he's just regurgitating the same one-liners that he has for years.

There's a reason he doesn't post here and it's not because this is scumbag central or a sty. It's because the scumbag remarks that he shoots out don't cut it around here for long.

Lemmie
God
Posts: 10000
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Lemmie »

DanielPeterson Mod Fred Kratz • 3 hours ago • edited

FK: "So you're wrong."

No, FK. I'm right. You're wrong.

Neener neener neener.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 4899054036
Was it posts like this that Peterson had deleted from MD so he would be taken seriously in court?

Words fail me.

User avatar
Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary
Posts: 14130
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Dr. Shades »

Lemmie wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:14 pm
Was it posts like this that Peterson had deleted from MD so he would be taken seriously in court?
In FAIRness, he didn't have any of his own comments deleted from this board. Rather, let's just say it became expedient to remove a thread wherein a poster named Infymus repeatedly suggested that Dr. Peterson's posts here should be brought to Brian David Mitchell's attorneys' attention. The thread itself still exists; it simply resides in the moderator forum now, invisible to all but the moderators.

User avatar
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies
Posts: 7714
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:33 pm
Lemmie wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:14 pm
Was it posts like this that Peterson had deleted from MD so he would be taken seriously in court?
In FAIRness, he didn't have any of his own comments deleted from this board. Rather, let's just say it became expedient to remove a thread wherein a poster named Infymus repeatedly suggested that Dr. Peterson's posts here should be brought to Brian David Mitchell's attorneys' attention. The thread itself still exists; it simply resides in the moderator forum now, invisible to all but the moderators.
Dr. Shades:

With all due respect, don't you think it's time to restore the thread, for the sake of historical study? It's been ten years, for heaven's sake. Brian David Mitchell is in prison. Surely all of that nonsensical kerfuffle has blown over, no? The thing that was so funny about that thread was the Infymus was merely "suggesting" that people be made aware of Dr. Peterson's own posting! I think the whole incident demonstrates your charitable nature, Shades, since *you* deleted *that* thread, but all of DCP's embarrassing commentary on the FAIR/MADboard was left to stand! (Though as I recall, the FAIR/MAD board *did* rather coincidentally "go down" for a brief period around this time; it aroused suspicion, in fact....)

Unlock the vault, Dr. Shades! A commitment to historical scholarship demands it!

User avatar
Dr. Shades
Founder & Visionary
Posts: 14130
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:07 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Dr. Shades »

I just tried, but I can't seem to find it. Do you remember the thread's title?

User avatar
moksha
God
Posts: 21845
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:42 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by moksha »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:02 pm
(Though as I recall, the FAIR/MAD board *did* rather coincidentally "go down" for a brief period around this time; it aroused suspicion, in fact....)
I think about half of all posts were lost in the revamping.

User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 20801
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:02 am

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I wonder why this innocuous jokesy statement set The Midge off?

Moksha > Hoosier

"You know, I first wrote pre-visitation Ebenezer, but erased it because it seemed too wordy. Once filled with the Christmas spirit, Ebenezer became a very good guy. Maybe some Christmas Eve, Attila the Hun will pay Trump a visit and show him his ponderous chains. Heck, if Trump added a link for every lie he told, the chain would need to be filmed in segments just to show its enormity. Trump would probably insist that his chain be gold plated."

*insert rage emoji here*

Louis Midgley > Moksha

"MoK, it seems, just cannot seem to rise above he sewer in which he learned to float."

Note Lou's misspelling. You know. Since he's obsessed with that sort of thing.

- Doc

User avatar
Philo Sofee
God
Posts: 6251
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lemmie wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:15 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:07 pm


No......he cannot be harmed. He wears the holy sacred powerful magical protective garments.
Lol. I think they might be cutting off the blood flow to his little brain. Or his littler brain. Something has to explain his constant seething anger and complete lack of emotional control.
Oh, I assume it is because he is not the top dog and has to report to higher ups who tell him what he can and cannot do with his knowledge. He, of course, knows better than they, (in his own mind, I mean he knows Arabic.....Arabic! That's vastly superior to all the brethren combined!) but they have the authoritah, and it chaps his hide. He wants to call the shots, set the agenda, have all the kudos and glory, not they. And he imagines he is beholden to them until he achieves Elohim status, and THEN he can let er rip on his own creation....

User avatar
Philo Sofee
God
Posts: 6251
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl
There's a reason he doesn't post here and it's not because this is scumbag central or a sty. It's because the scumbag remarks that he shoots out don't cut it around here for long.
He is unprotected here, and his arguments fail.....each.and.every.one. THAT is what makes this a scumbag place in their minds. Using actual logic, we don't find his arguments valid. THAT is why this is a sty. They cannot validate their thinking or their religion when actual logic, real analysis, and careful, less biased history is examined than what they are used to receiving from the "brethren." THAT is why they have to gabble at a distance imagining they are now winning. Nothing about any validity to their religion or thinking cuts it in reality. They cannot continue to live in their cocoon here, and that drives them into rage. The rest of the world sees this, they don't. They have no imaginary priesthood shield of truth here to hide behind when the going gets rough. And they always lose the argument because the evidence is soundly against them, at every point, at every turn, with every single try to authenticate Mormonism. It isn't possible, and they deep down know it. And their God s obviously O.K. with that. But he won't have a leg to stand on judging anyone either since with no evidence justification for denial is reasonable, even with a God. Their own God is stuck.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33131
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Jersey Girl
There's a reason he doesn't post here and it's not because this is scumbag central or a sty. It's because the scumbag remarks that he shoots out don't cut it around here for long.
He is unprotected here, and his arguments fail.....
Amen.

User avatar
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies
Posts: 7714
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:41 pm
I just tried, but I can't seem to find it. Do you remember the thread's title?
I don't remember the title--it was more than 10 years ago! That said, I can give you a range of dates: the thread would have been posted between late August and early October of 2009, if I'm not mistaken. I may have been the OP, the title may have said something like, "Is MAD Engaged in a Cover-up"? We were speculating that the MAD/FAIRboard had been taken down in order to prevent Mitchell's counsel from seeing any of Dr. Peterson's posts.

Lemmie
God
Posts: 10000
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Lemmie »

Oh dear god.
Midgley:

Not one word of why I sent to the editor of Christianity Today... my complaint [that] was about his utterly false assertion that Latter-day Saints have no place for the atonement in our faith tradition....

I am, however, very much aware of, and also pleased to know, that in his last sermon, just before he assumed ground temperature, he had me in mind.

http://disq.us/p/2918scd
Last edited by Lemmie on Sun May 03, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jersey Girl
God
Posts: 33131
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:18 pm
Oh dear god.

Not one word of why I sent to the editor of Christianity Today... my complaint [that] was about his utterly false assertion that Latter-day Saints have no place for the atonement in our faith tradition....

I am, however, very much aware of, and also pleased to know, that in his last sermon, just before he assumed ground temperature, he had me in mind.

http://disq.us/p/2918scd
Author? Midgley?

Lemmie
God
Posts: 10000
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Lemmie »

....

Lemmie
God
Posts: 10000
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Lemmie »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:25 pm
Lemmie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 2:18 pm
Oh dear god.
Author? Midgley?
Yes, sorry. I was too shocked to do my normal documentation. On the other hand, the fact that you recognized the ghoul says is all.

“You’re a MEAN one, Mr. Midge.”

Who talks about being pleased to hear that thoughts of your mean-spiritedness tortured someone’s final moments of life? Even Mob movies tip-toe around that ____.

Post Reply