Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Doctor Scratch »

I actually was wondering about the claim that they "always treated [you] well." Somehow that doesn't ring accurate to me, but what do I know?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:16 pm
I actually was wondering about the claim that they "always treated [you] well." Somehow that doesn't ring accurate to me, but what do I know?
So long as one thinks, believes, and behaves like them, one is their friend. Any deviance, and all love is lost..... It's the Mormon way.......stupid world is full of what? "apostates!" No one else has God's authoritah....except us......therefore we are right in all things, and if you deviate, we have the right to ridicule you, that is their version of religious freedom. But you have no right to return the favor. This is how they think. It is how they behave. Sic et Non is all the proof the world will ever need to see this fact. Oh and if one believes or has evidence against one of their own cherished fundamentalist doctrines or facts, watch out!!! Lou will getchta! Their psychology is so warped, they take it personal if you don't believe like they do. You are an enemy then. All one has to do to see the hellish damndable results of Mormonism on youth is to read for a week or two at the agony, the fear, the black sticky terror hundreds of thousands are going through or have been through is read Reddit ExMormon. When I joined (I read only), it was at around 20,000. A mere 2 years later it tops 170,000!!!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

In another episode of The Peckerhead vs. The Peckerhead, Louis "peckerhead" Midgley once again contradicts himself:

[quote=Lemmie post_id=1236625 time=1598565128 user_id=18808][quote]Louis Midgley gemli

gemlik did not daringly "came out as an atheist" when he his employers were Roman Catholic, but as gemli. He was sent packing by his Roman Catholic employers,[/quote]

Sigh. Gemli tolerates a lot from The Uninformed.[/quote]

"Louis Midgley gemli

gemli: I fully intended to say that you were not sent packing by your Roman Catholic employer, even though one might assume from what I said that you were fired by your employer, which I do not believe is true."

Oh. Sure. One moment tell the world that gemli was 'sent packing' by his 'Roman Catholic employer', and then turn right around and say it isn't so.

I'd say this is indicative of his cognitive decline, but he's been pullin' this ____ for years.

by the way, peckerhead, can you produce the questionnaire you claim Quinn used? You know. The one that asks about having sex with animals?

- Doc

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Louis Midgley DanielPeterson • 21 hours ago

Dan: I don't think that it was at all wise for gemli to refer to his somewhat ripe--that is, advanced--age, since those who are outraged at our teasing gemli may now make a huge stink about our mocking gemli despite his merely being a perfectly harmless old fellow

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5048023876
Hmmm...about whom exactly is Midgley-The-Uninformed lecturing Peterson?

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Louis “peckerhead” Midgley keeps agitating for gemli to reveal his identity....

“Louis Midgley > gemli

Should not gemli now ditch his screen name, and just just use his real name? Since he is retired, and need not worry about getting fired, why keep on posting comments under a [pseudonym]....?”

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5049642463

Hey, Loupy! Since you’re clearly reading this forum, why don’t you cough up that questionnaire you claim Quinn was passing around? You don’t want to be accused of lying, do you?

- Dr. CamNC4Me
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

That whole schtick of Midgley trying to pry personal information out of Gemli to add to his Gemli dossier is alarming. If only Louis would stick to counting upvotes and downvotes it could reduce the risk to Sic et Non in some future hit and run walker/cane incident.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Midgley

...If gemli has not done this, he should do so right now. gemli will find that "Hitch the Snitch" tried a bikini wax job (right down there)...

http://disq.us/p/2bifd27
Yes, that is Midgley the Pig speaking. One wonders what Pigley reads to collect such crude examples. His need to sprinkle them in his conversations is beyond gauche.

And I agree, Midgley’s attempt to wrest personal information is alarming. Look at all the “harmless” libel he has written about people he can name so far! Yes, I suppose he’s “harmless,” much the way mosquitos and rats are technically “harmless.” Just a constant irritation that no one wants, that might but probably won’t give you Malaria, or the plague.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Now that Dowsin' Dan Peterson and his callithumpian cabal of idiots have narrowed down the critics to gemli and maybe one other, Louis "peckerhead" Midgley has unleashed a barrage of hostile and provocative comments toward gemli in under an hour, presumably, to get him to lose his cool and thus "get the boot."

"gemli has been bombarding Latter-day Saints with what he now calls his "ideology" beginning on 20 August 2012 to be exact.

One must keep in mind that gemli, with "no hold barred," now boasts that he is psychically gifted. And it turns out that his gift is a tightly closed mind to everything but his own religious dogma, which he has repeated and exhibited nearly eight thousand times.

Dear gemli: No one is asking you to provide more evidence of your own bald assertions. We are confident that you cannot produce evidence to support your opinions.

Dear dogmatic gemli: blogs have been around since 1994, and Google since 1998. I have no idea when you started trying to set a record posting comments (or letters) to the New York Times). You turned up on sic et non on 20 August 2012, and you are now approaching eight thousand comments as gemli in which you repeat the dogmas of your atheist religion. Hence you could at any point have done a search on the meaning of your handle.

Dogmatic gemli: Latter-day Saints do not, as you put it, "exhibit rigid dogmatic supernatural certitude." Instead they seek to manifest their faith in deeds. You are the one who specializes in rigid dogmatic certitude flowing from your own scientism.

Actually gemli is not open to any evidence, since he refuses to read anything that might help him grasp actual philosophy, history, or challenge his scientism. He demonstrates this every time he posts.

gemli has never read any philosopher, or any historian, and he has contributed nothing to any known science."

Gemli is one of the most genial and clever posters to make his mark on the Internet, and doesn't deserve this level of hostility from The Peckerhead.

Also, I'm calling Louis "peckerhead" Midgley out about his, what I call, The Quinn Questionnaire. I don't believe there ever was a Quinn Questionnaire, in that The Peckerhead simply made it up in order to bolster his attacks on Quinn.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Temp. Admin.
Deacon

Post by Temp. Admin. »

(Dr. Shades here, posting under our "Temp. Admin." account.)
The Lounatic wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:15 pm
Dogmatic gemli: Latter-day Saints do not, as you put it, "exhibit rigid dogmatic supernatural certitude." Instead they seek to manifest their faith in deeds.
That's a very, very scary thought. If we judge the Lounatic by his deeds, just what sort of faith has he manifested??

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Louis “peckerhead” Midgley continues to attack the genial gemli with any and all tidbits, real or imagined, he’s managed to glean from the former’s posts:

“You seem to be a smart person. You once even held a job, done IT work and you claim to have drummed up a program for colleges to keep track of library books. But such a one can also be saddled with ignorance about what is in book, or what it actually taught in colleges and universities.”

BYU professor. Mormon priesthood holder. Peckerhead.

- Doc

Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

One can attend church, go on a mission, get married in the temple, read the Bible and the Book of Mormon, and yet still be saddled with ignorance about what it means to be a decent human being.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Wondering when Midglik will confess that he took the name Midgley during the Oblivion Crisis, when hell gates opened all over Tamriel and he escaped from his Daedric masters. [From the Midglik Dossier]

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Just an interesting peak into The Peckerhead’s peckerhead:

“ Louis “peckerhead” Midgley > Billy Shears

BS: The only place in our scriptures where "doctrine" is set out, is when the resurrected Jesus described his doctrine. This is found in 3 Nephi 11: 31-40...

I am confident that when we are judged according to our deeds (works)... as manifested in our deeds, rather than mere words.

In addition, you seem to me to give yourself away when you what [sic] Mormonism did or taught.“

and

“I attended Seminary only once or twice.... I paid exactly no attention to what anyone taught.”

In his rush to attack the collegial Billy Shears BYU Professor Louis C. Midgley forgets the Mormon church counts the DOCTRINE and Covenants as part of its canon. I suppose attending Seminary only once or twice has that effect on someone. Also, note his latest fixation on works within the Mormon paradigm.

- Doc

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Thank you for bringing that to our attention Dr. Cam. It's really fascinating, and I hope Dr. Scratch takes note, as it's further evidence of his theory that the apologists suffer through church.

It's pretty crazy to think that Midgley has put all this time and energy into defending a church that he knows nothing about. How would he know if he even wants it to be true in the first place if he really doesn't know what it's about?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Yes, this is the same Midgley who said he was in his twenties or something before he realized that a phrase something like “leas assaiy” was actually the words “Relief Society.” Now, no offense, but no one has that problem into their twenties unless they are singularly uneducated, mentally challenged, or just so biased regarding gender that they literally don’t think women are real people.

Sadly, the hurtful way that Midgley speaks about his late wife leans me toward the later. I literally cringe when he mentions his wife. The time he said he couldn’t wait to see her in heaven...to thank her for running his household and family life so that he could be free to explore his own interests left me in tears. No woman deserves that kind of...adulation. I have stronger words, but I believe they are disallowed here.

Oh fu-ck it. Midgley is a complete ass-hole and his statements about his treatment of his wife are sickening. Fu-ck the little prick. He’s a piece of shi-t. Women are people, Midgley. You, on the other hand, are a pr-ick, and how you talk about women is disgusting.

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:16 pm
Oh fu-ck it. Midgley is a complete ass-hole and his statements about his treatment of his wife are sickening. Fu-ck the little prick. He’s a piece of shi-t. Women are people, Midgley. You, on the other hand, are a pr-ick, and how you talk about women is disgusting.
Thank whatever superpower is out there, if any, that such assholery seems to be dying out. I haven't been to church in a few years but when I was going, that type of women as property view wasn't around as much as when I was a child. Perhaps the new generation of leaders are stuck in the 80's (post ERA) instead of the 50's like the Midge is?

In any event, I see why Midge stalked and went after a powerful woman like Dr. Colvin. In his worldview, such must be stopped no matter what. Otherwise, his future polygamous help meets might get ideas.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

The peckerhead vs. the peckerhead:

"Louis Midgley > gemli

gemli: one does not grasp or contribute to any actual science by merely repeating the word science."

A short while later...

"gemli clearly does not realize that I actually taught a science in a department in a real university."

It's really nice that Dowsin' Daniel Peterson keeps letting his little terrier post to his heart's content. He's really shown himself to be... something...

- Doc

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:28 pm
The peckerhead vs. the peckerhead:

"Louis Midgley > gemli

gemli: one does not grasp or contribute to any actual science by merely repeating the word science."

A short while later...

"gemli clearly does not realize that I actually taught a science in a department in a real university."

It's really nice that Dowsin' Daniel Peterson keeps letting his little terrier post to his heart's content. He's really shown himself to be... something...

- Doc
Ahem. Midgley taught political science, right? It’s a little disingenuous to call that “teaching a science” in the context of the Sic et Non hard science and near-death experience discussions. which, by the way, gemli calls “still-alive“ experiences. Lol.

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

LOL. Midgley, the great scientist!

True story: The mopologists need to get their story straight on what science is.

Back in the day, at ZLMB, EAllusion and I had a run-in with DCP and Bill Hamblin about what science is. EAllusion sort of sided with them against me, as I was kind of playing devil's advocate and sticking to a pretty narrow view of science. I argued for a wide umbrella for science, insisting that the social sciences were also "science" (soft, but science nonetheless). I even argued history is science, IIRC. The apologists argued in the extreme other direction, because normally, they have a vested interest in "science isn't everything".

So Mr. Midgley has put his fellow apologists into a fork. If poli-sci counts as "science" in the sense Gemli speaks of it, then lose the queen, because the world of physical reduction is pretty wide now. But if it isn't a "science" in the Gemli sense, then Midgley is overreaching to establish his credibility and -- lose the pawn. lol. not much of a fork!
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Midgley wrote:"gemli clearly does not realize that I actually taught a science in a department in a real university."
Did Midgley teach somewhere other than BYU and some subject other than subjective political ruminations?

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Midgley

Those who are annoyed by my teasing gemli simple do not appreciate what Professor Peterson and I, and others, call the Fun Factor in responding to some ideologies.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5056851535
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: