Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: Rules of Patheos: Midgley appears to violate TOS 10x

Post by Dr Moore »

Great point, Philo. I agree. Authority to speak for God is only worth what adherents say it’s worth. Unless infallibility is still on the table.

Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:53 am
Lou Midgley
The reason is that they are either knowingly/intentionally doing this because they want a different and less demanding "religious" community, or they just stumble into doing this because it is a current fad or fashion.
Such sophomoric BYU thinking is off the mark. It is neither to me. Is it too hard to ask for a religion that is based on evidenced reality? I could care less on how demanding a religion is. That s irrelevant, hence Lou's argument is flawed.
You know you are talking about religion, right?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Louis Midgley wrote:The fact is that I have never ever been tempted by bitterness and ranor, and always have done my best to make positive contributions. Please try a bit harder not to bring the absurd and insulting false opinions of Professor Peterson and me to sic et non from your own miserable nasty false message board. You and your associates have never ever once read a thing I have published, or know a thing about what I taught at BYU for 36 years.
What about that time when he pummeled his junior high classmate? Does he classify that as a "positive contribution"?
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Lol. O to be delusional. Speaking of...

Louis Midgley Moksha • an hour ago

Moksha is right about violent act and mobs. My recent experience on Gina Colvin's Kiwi Mormon Patheos blog was a cyber version of an old fashioned "tar and feathering," by a cyber mob, was it not? And, if I remember correctly, Moksha was right their in that mob.

http://disq.us/p/2ap9aac
Midgley stalks Colvin on her blog, disparages her religious experiences, gets LDS church leaders to violate privacy rules (both of New Zealand and the LDS church itself) so he can misrepresent himself to Colvin’s husband when he visits her family’s congregation, after which he uses every tiny bit of (mis)information (aka misinterpreted information) gained to twist up and repeatedly post horrendous falsehoods about Colvin’s personal life, apparently all because he is insanely jealous that his church asked her to weigh in on the telling of Maori LDS history instead of him.

People point out his borderline illegal and certainly immoral behavior online and warn Colvin of his stalking tendencies, which he defines as getting the “cyber version of an old fashioned ‘tar and feathering.’ ”

Self-victimization at its best. Midgley really needs his imaginary enemies.
Last edited by Lemmie on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Poor suffering Midgley.......such a wounded victim is he........ no bias here, just pure objective reality eh MG?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Gadianton
Hermit

Post by Gadianton »

Mr. Midgley is confused. Or maybe his misrepresentation is intentional?

"My recent experience on Gina Colvin's Kiwi Mormon Patheos blog was a cyber version of an old fashioned "tar and feathering," by a cyber mob, was it not? And, if I remember correctly, Moksha was right their in that mob."

That was a gathering of concerned citizens standing up to a vigilante. If Mr. Midgley thinks really hard, he might recall an earlier post he made on Colvin's blog where he burst in guns blazing, upvoting all insults and downvoting all words of support to Colvin during her transition out of the Church. It was long after Midgley had established his foul intentions toward Colvin that others jumped in and said "enough is enough".
FARMS refuted:

"...supporters of Billy Meier still point to the very clear photos of Pleiadian beam ships flying over his farm. They argue that for the photos to be fakes, we have to believe that a one-armed man who had no knowledge of Photoshop or other digital photography programs could have made such realistic photos and films..." -- D. R. Prothero

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 pm
Louis Midgley wrote:The fact is that I have never ever been tempted by bitterness and ranor, and always have done my best to make positive contributions. Please try a bit harder not to bring the absurd and insulting false opinions of Professor Peterson and me to sic et non from your own miserable nasty false message board. You and your associates have never ever once read a thing I have published, or know a thing about what I taught at BYU for 36 years.
What about that time when he pummeled his junior high classmate? Does he classify that as a "positive contribution"?
Well of course it is Scratch! He smote him in "righteousness," so all is well in Zion, carry on, nothing to see here.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:23 pm
Mr. Midgley is confused. Or maybe his misrepresentation is intentional?

"My recent experience on Gina Colvin's Kiwi Mormon Patheos blog was a cyber version of an old fashioned "tar and feathering," by a cyber mob, was it not? And, if I remember correctly, Moksha was right their in that mob."

That was a gathering of concerned citizens standing up to a vigilante. If Mr. Midgley thinks really hard, he might recall an earlier post he made on Colvin's blog where he burst in guns blazing, upvoting all insults and downvoting all words of support to Colvin during her transition out of the Church. It was long after Midgley had established his foul intentions toward Colvin that others jumped in and said "enough is enough".
Remember, Mormons are, by dint and example of leadership priesthood training, only able to present the "facts" as they fit their own chosen narrative, otherwise we all would do very well indeed to remember, "some truths aren't very useful." Historians who want to present the full picture are just not very trustworthy. We're lookin at you Pecker Packer.
Dr CamNC4Me

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I think we should re-name this thread "Peckerhead Watch":

Lounatic Midgley uses this old chestnut on the Lord's day when discussing economic theory with a Trumper on Dowsin' Dan's vanity blog:

"The utter failure of a government planned economy was demonstrated in spades by the Soviet Union, was it not? Or by the fact that the Nazi death camps forcing workers to work, led to all kinds of efforts by those who were about soon to be sent up the Stack to do as much damage to the German war effort as they possibly could before they were gassed and then burned."

Between Dan's lynching photos and Midglet's 'up the stack' comments I have to say BYU is looking more and more Dixie'ish every day. Not a good look to have a couple of BYU professors yucking it up at other people's historical suffering.

- Doc

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Lol. The Midge is projecting again.
Midgley:

Sledge: I see you as a passionate ideologue, who demands that others must agree with what you happen to WANT, or else

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5005434491

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Notice how the peckerhead seizes on this bit of cheeky humor to create a false narrative about gemli's health:

gemli - "Sadly, I've got to watch my sugar intake, and the nectar of the Gods does not sound lo-carb to me. If they had a sugar free option, like Nectar Zero or Heavenly-Lite, well, maybe."

Louis "peckerhead" Midgley - "...is gemli perhaps a type two diabetic, since he has "to watch [his] sugar intake? Why would a mere cockroach care about such a thing? Or a mere soon to be decaying "meat wad"?"

Not a few posts down in the thread the little peckerhead demonstrates, once again, just how dumb and oblivious he is with regard to his own behavior:

Peckerhead - "Miserable Moky Moksha back sneering again."

- Doc

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:54 am
"Miserable Moky Moksha back sneering again."
I like to think of this as Loopy Lou being playful with Moky Moksha.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

moksha wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:37 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:54 am
"Miserable Moky Moksha back sneering again."
Lol. You are an adorable bird.

Paloma
Priest

Post by Paloma »

moksha wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:37 am
I hope your generosity of spirit rubs off on those who could use a big dose!

(It just occurred to me that one always has the option to Choose the Right ... good choice, Moksha!)

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Louis Midgley Moksha • 4 hours ago

Moksha: You have not paid attention. It is gemli who constantly insists that all human beings are ultimately merely meaningless meatwads, or no more than merely sentient cockroaches. gemli has used both these metaphors to set out his passionately held dogmatic atheism. These are his own self identifications of himself and everyone else, including you. It is gemli who insists that anyone who thinks of themselves or others as a child of God is an utter fool. Put bluntly, gemli is the one who holds the opinions you wrongly attribute to me.
I
http://disq.us/p/2atse2w
Really? Midgley, you betray yourself with your numerous posts denigrating and castigating gemli. You are NOT a nice person online. You trash gemli constantly, you make up lies about his history to try to make him look bad, and you regularly lie. You are not a person with good values. And, you are a professor emeritus from BYU. What an embarrassment for that institution..

Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Are Midgley's persistent efforts to deduce details of gemli's life just a crude form of stalking? Or does Midgley think of himself as a kind of mini-prophet gifted with insight into human souls? Is he hoping to stun gemli into respect for his spiritual powers by trotting out some astonishingly accurate guess?

Is it by any chance some kind of a Mormon trope that sufficiently worthy saints should be able to do things like that?

If so, is there a right-arm-to-the-square emoji on Patheos that Peterson could enable? That might be a helpful cue for interpreting gambits like this.

I have a question
God

Post by I have a question »

Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:23 am
Are Midgley's persistent efforts to deduce details of gemli's life just a crude form of stalking? Or does Midgley think of himself as a kind of mini-prophet gifted with insight into human souls? Is he hoping to stun gemli into respect for his spiritual powers by trotting out some astonishingly accurate guess?

Is it by any chance some kind of a Mormon trope that sufficiently worthy saints should be able to do things like that?

If so, is there a right-arm-to-the-square emoji on Patheos that Peterson could enable? That might be a helpful cue for interpreting gambits like this.
Nope, it's just stalking.

Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Physics Guy
The probability of an astonishingly accurate guess I would say using Bayesian mathematical analysis is perhaps closer to 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 which is a whole lot larger than the probability that Midgley has spiritual powers to benefit mankind in any meaningful way.
Dr CamNC4Me

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

I'm tucking this here because in a typical comments section attack on Moksha, Sam LeFevre tells this whopper:

http://disq.us/p/2awi0hh

"Sam LeFevre > Moksha • 14 hours ago

No. It was the running. I know from personal experience, that even old fat soldiers can shake a leg while packing 80 lbs of gear, weapons, and ammo, when the mortars start throwing dirt clods."

What is it with Mormon apologists and ____ military tales? There is just no way a "fat old Soldier" can "shake a leg" packing 80 lbs of gear, weapons, and ammo whether or not mortars are dropping. Between Louis "stolen valor" Midgley, Hugh "poppin' 88's" Nibley, and now Sam "80 lbs of gear" LeFevre, the Mormon apologists have really plumbed the depths of perfidy and dishonor by claiming military heroism and feats they themselves either never did or could never do. ____ clowns, all of them.

- Doc

Lemmie
God

Post by Lemmie »

Midgley:

The names of 122,766 are known who went up the Stack there, and it is estimated that the total number was 320,000.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5014939876
Dear god someone needs to tell Midgley to stop using that phrase. It is jarring and beyond insensitive.

Temp. Admin.
Star A

Post by Temp. Admin. »

Lemmie wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:17 pm
Dear god someone needs to tell Midgley to stop using that phrase. It is jarring and beyond insensitive.
Wasn't it the SS guards themselves who originated and used that phrase?