Latest numbers from the Interpreter Foundation

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tom
Savior (resurrected)

Re: Latest numbers from the Interpreter Foundation

Post by Tom »

The Interpreter Foundation has released its expenses report for the second quarter of 2020. Major expenses: $17,932 for web design, digital publication, and set-up; $2,700 for technical editing; and an astounding $20,850 for Critical Text Project Volume III. Grand total: $44,425.87.

The Interpreter Foundation has now spent at least $301,089.65 on Volume III. To put this figure into more concrete terms, I am reliably informed that $300,000 covers the cost of two guests to join an unforgettable Cruise Lady trip from Nauvoo to Provo this October to see the premiere of Witnesses. (Guests will travel by pulling deluxe handcarts and dine on hardtack and buffalo jerky along the trail.)

For those keeping score at home, the Book of Mormon Critical Text Project is now in its 33rd year. Here is what is reportedly forthcoming:
The Transmission of the Text: From the Manuscripts Through the Editions, part 7, and Book of Mormon Textual Criticism, part 7, The History of the Text of the Book of Mormon, volume III of the Book of Mormon Critical Text Project (FARMS and BYU Studies).

Book of Mormon Textual Criticism, part 8, The History of the Text of the Book of Mormon, volume III of the Book of Mormon Critical Text Project (FARMS and BYU Studies).

Royal Skousen and Robin Scott Jensen, eds., The Original Manuscript of the Book of Mormon. The Joseph Smith Papers, Revelations and Translations, volume 5 (Church Historian’s Press).

A Complete Electronic Collation of the Book of Mormon, volume 5 of the Book of Mormon Critical Text Project (FARMS and BYU Studies).
I expect to see the project wrapped up in 2025 or thereabouts.

In other news, I regret to report that I don't have any updates regarding the publication of the festschrift in honor of Dr. Midgley. Perhaps a certain individual or group of individuals are carrying on a campaign to have the book suppressed.

I have a question
God

Post by I have a question »

Where are the numbers for the Interpreters film project "Witnesses"?

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Tom, are you taking about this book: https://ebornbooks.com/shop/non-fiction ... orn-books/
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace

Tom
Savior (resurrected)

Post by Tom »

I have a question wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:33 am
Where are the numbers for the Interpreters film project "Witnesses"?
No idea.

Tom
Savior (resurrected)

Post by Tom »

moksha wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:55 am
Tom, are you taking about this book: https://ebornbooks.com/shop/non-fiction ... orn-books/
Exactly. I’m looking forward to it.

moksha
God

Post by moksha »

Tom wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:35 am
Exactly. I’m looking forward to it.
It would be fun if the publishers could equip the hardbound edition with one of those fancy Christmas card novelty buttons, playing the first 12 notes from the old Perry Mason theme song.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace