Book of Mormon: Coming to America

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Where is the Book of Mormon actually at????

I thought it was here all the time and that is what Mormons carried with all the time???
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

SMART BITCH wrote:Where is the Book of Mormon actually at????

I thought it was here all the time and that is what Mormons carried with all the time???

I think the beauty of the Book of Mormon is that since it has little evidence anywhere, it can take place anywhere.

Bond
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Bond...James Bond wrote:

I think the beauty of the Book of Mormon is that since it has little evidence anywhere, it can take place anywhere.

Bond
Internet Mormons will respond with something along the lines of "with all of the new and ongoing discoveries in and around Meso America(a very large area with shifting boundaries) it is entirely PLAUSIBLE that the Book of Mormon events occurred down there... and that is good enough for me"

Chapel Mormons will respond with something along the lines of "It does not really matter... all that matters is what the gospel has done for me.. blah blah blah"

Stupid and ignorant.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Polygamy Porter wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:

Bond
Internet Mormons will respond with something along the lines of "with all of the new and ongoing discoveries in and around Meso America(a very large area with shifting boundaries) it is entirely PLAUSIBLE that the Book of Mormon events occurred down there... and that is good enough for me"

Chapel Mormons will respond with something along the lines of "It does not really matter... all that matters is what the gospel has done for me.. blah blah blah"

Stupid and ignorant.

Instead of all these canned responses, how about something new, like some evidence or perhaps a confession that maybe they're not right.

Bond
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Bond...James Bond wrote:
Polygamy Porter wrote:
Bond...James Bond wrote:

Bond

Stupid and ignorant.

Instead of all these canned responses, how about something new, like some evidence or perhaps a confession that maybe they're not right.

Bond
Cult is as cult does...
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Bond...James Bond wrote:

Bond

Well that is starting to make a little sense to me now...well a Little....So the Book of Mormon is everywhere and nowhere...kinda like the Holy Ghost?????
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........