It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michael "Lucifer" Ballam Arrested for Failure to Appear
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:03 am 
Apostle

Cache Valley opera notable Michael Ballam arrested on failure-to-appear warrant
Quote:
Cache Valley entertainment icon Michael Ballam showed up Friday in arrest logs on a traffic-related matter just a week before he’s scheduled to open in a starring role at the Utah Festival opera.

The arrest appears to involve Ballam neglecting to deal with a traffic ticket issued last month by a North Park police officer.

Ballam, the founder and general director of Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre, was pulled over June 1 and issued a class-B misdemeanor for not having proof of insurance, according to court records.

A North Park spokesman said Friday that Ballam had been pulled over on suspicion of speeding, but the officer chose to cite him only on the insurance detail.

The records show Ballam’s case was assigned to Justice Court Judge David Marx, and an arraignment was scheduled for June 24.

Ballam did not show up for the arraignment and had not provided the court with current proof of insurance at that time, court records indicate.

No proof of insurance requires a mandatory court appearance unless proper proof of insurance is provided to the court within 14 days of the citation. If proper proof is provided, then the charge can be dismissed and the hearing canceled.

A failure to appear warrant was issued Wednesday.

Ballam, 61, is a Logan resident.

According to Cache County Jail records, Ballam was booked at the jail at 4 p.m. Friday, although no official charge was immediately issued on the county’s website. A mugshot showed him with a smile and a full beard, as he is preparing to play the role of Tevye on “Fiddler on the Roof,” which starts July 13 and runs through Aug. 10.

It is not apparent whether he visited the jail on his own volition to take care of the charges or was taken there by police. It is also unknown whether he was incarcerated for any period of time.

Post subject: Re: Michael "Lucifer" Ballam Arrested for Failure to Appear
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:07 pm 
God

Lucifer can sing too?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:33 pm 
Apostle

harmony wrote:
Lucifer can sing too?

Like an angel.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:54 pm 
God

Utterly stupid law.... An "arrest warrent" issued for a simple lacking proof of insurance card???
One would think something simple like that could be "non-administratively" dealt with rather than arresting people.

:eek:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:05 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

ldsfaqs wrote:
Utterly stupid law.... An "arrest warrent" issued for a simple lacking proof of insurance card???
One would think something simple like that could be "non-administratively" dealt with rather than arresting people.

"No proof of insurance requires a mandatory court appearance unless proper proof of insurance is provided to the court within 14 days of the citation. If proper proof is provided, then the charge can be dismissed and the hearing canceled."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:06 pm 
God

I like Michael Ballam as a person. He used to work out at the same gym as I did around '96-'97 and was always very personable. I had been trying to find a Christmas program he did, I think titled "Searching for the Star of Bethlehem" or similar and when I asked him about it's availability he helped get me a copy of it.

It's too bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:12 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

For what it's worth, most people who get an arrest warrant issued for a failure to appear like this honestly forgot to show up in court or provide proof of insurance within the 14 days.

But this is Lucifer we are talking about.

Ye shall not surely have a warrant issued........

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:15 pm 
God

He was probably just doing that which had been done on other worlds...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:36 pm 
God

Darth J wrote:
ldsfaqs wrote:

"No proof of insurance requires a mandatory court appearance unless proper proof of insurance is provided to the court within 14 days of the citation. If proper proof is provided, then the charge can be dismissed and the hearing canceled."

And you are stupid as usual.....

I never said anything about not knowing the LAW, I was stating the stupidity of the law, that something like this should be handled administratively, not requiring Police Authority.

Can you PLEASE interpret things correctly for a change, instead of only seeing half the truth and making a bigoted false judgment as if "I'm" the ignorant one???

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:41 pm 
God

That Lucifer, so clever and sneaky. But I'm onto his game. He just wanted to set up a faithful Mormon to look the fool...

ldsfaqs, clearly blind to the common meaning of the word administrative, wrote:
I never said anything about not knowing the LAW, I was stating the stupidity of the law, that something like this should be handled administratively, not requiring Police Authority.

Darth J, showing how an administrative means of handling the issue was actually provided, wrote:
If proper proof is provided, then the charge can be dismissed and the hearing canceled.

Flaxen cords and whatnots...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

ldsfaqs wrote:
Darth J wrote:

And you are stupid as usual.....

Hey, there, ldsfaqs. Since you have decided to raise this issue, I was a National Merit Scholar finalist, I was double-promoted from 5th grade to 7th grade, I scored in the top 3% of the United States on the Law School Aptitude Test, I was offered a full-ride scholarship to Cardozo Law School at Yeshiva University, I have an undergraduate degree in psychology, and I have a juris doctor.

Okay, your turn. Share some of your bona fides, so the board can understand how I am stupid, and could never hope to compete intellectually with you.

Quote:

Since the LAW explicitly allows this to be handled administratively, without a court appearance, by presenting proof of insurance to the court, and your complaint was that this should be something that could be handled administratively without a court appearance, your exact words belie your after-the-fact explanation.

Quote:
Can you PLEASE interpret things correctly for a change, instead of only seeing half the truth and making a bigoted false judgment as if "I'm" the ignorant one???

Yeah, taking what you said at face value is really a dirty trick, isn't it?

Anyway, ldsfaqs, I believe you were in the middle of explaining my stupidity and your comparative intellectual brilliance, which outshines mine like the Sun at noon compared to a flashlight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:45 pm 
God

Quote:
Hey, there, ldsfaqs. Since you have decided to raise this issue, I was a National Merit Scholar finalist, I was double-promoted from 5th grade to 7th grade, I scored in the top 3% of the United States on the Law School Aptitude Test, I was offered a full-ride scholarship to Cardozo Law School at Yeshiva University, I have an undergraduate degree in psychology, and I have a juris doctor.

Okay, your turn

ROFL!!

Just walk away ldsfaqs, you want none of this...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:46 pm 
God

More hayseed law.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith

Yahoo Bot wrote:
More hayseed law.

Well, that's why you had to blow town as soon as you got your J.D. from the Lord's university, Bob. You were just a big fish in a small pond.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:48 pm 
God

Yahoo Bot wrote:
More hayseed law.

How is it hayseed law? All states require auto insurance and if you are pulled over you are expected to provide proof that you have insurance. If you don't have it in the vehicle with you (pretty dumb thing to do) then you are expected to provide proof of compliance with in a reasonable amount of time. If you fail to abide by the law then well a warrant will be issued what's the problem? People shouldn't break the law and they shouldn't be driving without insurance. I was stopped for speeding not "suspicion" of speeding and I couldn't find the current insurance card in my car (I always put it in the glove box and all the old ones were still there, my DH put it in the console) and like Mr. Ballam I only received a ticket for no proof of insurance also like him all I had to do was show up and show proof of insurance. I went and showed my current insurance card, that was it all done no big deal. By showing up and providing my card I handled it at an administrative level no police were needed. I had to make arrangements at work but that's my fault no one elses and I was grateful the officer didn't issue me a speeding ticket.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:51 pm 
God

Actually in Alabama you don't have to have insurance if you are not financing the car. Or at least that is the way it used to be. I remember a guy who worked in Alabama but drove every day to Atlanta had to explain this to several cops who pulled him over in Georgia for speeding. He said as long as he had an Alabama tag, he didn't need insurance.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:11 pm 
God

Kevin Graham wrote:
Actually in Alabama you don't have to have insurance if you are not financing the car. Or at least that is the way it used to be. I remember a guy who worked in Alabama but drove every day to Atlanta had to explain this to several cops who pulled him over in Georgia for speeding. He said as long as he had an Alabama tag, he didn't need insurance.

Apparently as of January 1st of this year you need proof of insurance to register a motor vehicle in Alabama. I think Alabama is rather late to the game in this leaving you wondering just what hayseed law is.

Here is the Alabama Department of Revenue site showing the requirement.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:44 pm 
God

Darth J wrote:

Serial killers have "bona fides" also. But let's break it down for you.

1. So, because you scored one of the higher kids on the SAT (in other words you're good in school work), and you completed an application, did some extra-curricular stuff, etc. that somehow makes you intelligent?

2. Skipping grades in Middle school, is supposed to mean you are "smart"? All it means is you likely had good parents who made sure you learned. Lot's of kids skip elementary/middle school grades. One of my kids did.

3. So, because you scored high on an "aptitude" test, again, school knowledge, nothing to do with intelligence, you're supposed to be smart?

4. So, because you got "offered" a scholarship, but apparently didn't go, that makes you smarter than everyone else?

5. So, basically because you are a "school worm", you think that passes as intelligence, wisdom, and common sense???

Quote:
Okay, your turn. Share some of your bona fides, so the board can understand how I am stupid, and could never hope to compete intellectually with you.

And here we have a mocking game for children..... demonstrating clearly your lack of intelligence. You are nothing more than a petty little small minded bigot. Only fools need to flex their education claiming they are "intelligent" by it.

Quote:
Since the LAW explicitly allows this to be handled administratively, without a court appearance, by presenting proof of insurance to the court, and your complaint was that this should be something that could be handled administratively without a court appearance, your exact words belie your after-the-fact explanation.

If you do not posses simple English comprehension skills, then that is not my problem.
I have noticed this problem in MANY of your posts...., more so than the average anti-mormon liberal idiocy. You cannot comprehend even BASIC statements.

Let me break it down for you..... If a person is ULTIMATELY able to be ARRESTED, then clearly by common sense the issue IS NOT ULTIMATELY handled "administratively". The fact that the first resolution is able to handle it administratively, does not change the ultimate point.

Hello Mcfly....

Let me give you another example. A person who doesn't pay his taxes can go to Jail for not paying them. You either pay or go to jail. The fact that a person CAN make other arrangements, has time, etc. (that is handled administratively) before actually having to go to jail, doesn't change the ultimate result, that you will go to jail. Thus, to claim this "is handled" administratively is a complete lie. Likewise, with your claim.

CAN and IS are different things. Understandy English....???

I said the issue SHOULD BE HANDLED Administratively..... I didn't say is "can" be, I said is SHOULD BE, in contrast to how IT IS handled currently.

Basic English comprehension skills....!
I don't need to be some road scholar to comprehend. And since you are trying to claim your high intelligence by "school work", WHY are you utterly so stupid???

Quote:
Yeah, taking what you said at face value is really a dirty trick, isn't it?

Problem is is you "didn't" take my statement at face value, you warped it not comprehending it at all.

Quote:
Anyway, ldsfaqs, I believe you were in the middle of explaining my stupidity and your comparative intellectual brilliance, which outshines mine like the Sun at noon compared to a flashlight.

See above..... Your stupidity is on display for anyone that's actually objective to look at the facts.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 pm 
Elder

ldsfaqs wrote:
Hello Mcfly....

I love how in the middle of a monologue explaining how intelligent he is ldsfaqs literally cites Biff Tannen (presumably as an example of his intellectual role-model vis a vis "common sense" vs. "book smarts")

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:34 am 
God

Quote:
12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

So, the guy who stars in the Temple movie is no longer worthy of a Temple Recommend? Oh the irony....

P.S. Why is Satan starting to look like Santa?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:43 am 
God

Samantabhadra wrote:
ldsfaqs wrote:
Hello Mcfly....

I love how in the middle of a monologue explaining how intelligent he is ldsfaqs literally cites Biff Tannen (presumably as an example of his intellectual role-model vis a vis "common sense" vs. "book smarts")

No kidding.

Not to mention the shift from "could" in his first statement to an unmitigated "should" above declaring that we should essentially have bureaucrats enforcing this law. That threw me for a loop given I was under the impression he was for small government.

Or maybe he meant someone shouldn't have to be bothered by this annoying intervention because traffic cops could keep a large database with everyone's information in it including their insurance information so a person wouldn't have to carry a card? Only that doesn't seem very small government to me, either. Maybe it should be outsourced to India so a low-wage techie could follow-up with someone to confirm they did, in fact, have insurance at the time of their traffic stop? That would eliminate the need for police involvement and make the administrative resolution economical I guess.

Anyway, it makes for good entertainment since you can't really predict what he'll say next.