It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What is the Mormon Lay?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:45 pm 
God

What exactly is it? Why did Why Me never feel guilt while participating in this activity?

The Holy Sacrament.

Post subject: Re: What is the Mormon Lay?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:03 pm 
God

A mormon lay is when a man and woman engage in heavy petting. All clothes stay on during the moment but both the man and the woman can get very sexual without taking off the clothes. Both are respectful of the other and so, heavy groping is not on the agenda.

It is guilt free because one is not having actual sex. Also, it is a good barometer as to whether one is sexually compatible with the potential life partner.

Now this mormon lay is done when one is going steady with someone. It is not a one night stand.

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:04 pm 
God

why me wrote:
A mormon lay is when a man and woman engage in heavy petting. All clothes stay on during the moment but both the man and the woman can get very sexual without taking off the clothes. Both are respectful of the other and so, heavy groping is not on the agenda.

It is guilt free because one is not having actual sex. Also, it is a good barometer as to whether one is sexually compatible with the potential life partner.

Now this mormon lay is done when one is going steady with someone. It is not a one night stand.

How in the hell does a Mormon do this without guilt?

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 pm 
God

Huh.

My dad told me and my DH (when we were dating) that even thinking about sex together was a sin like unto adultery.

~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:07 pm 
God

zeezrom wrote:
why me wrote:

How in the hell does a Mormon do this without guilt?

One does it as a jack Mormon, like Why Me.

B.R. McConkie, © Intellectual Reserve wrote:
There are those who say that revealed religion and organic evolution can be harmonized. This is both false and devilish.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:32 pm 
Bell Ringer

just me wrote:
Huh.

My dad told me and my DH (when we were dating) that even thinking about sex together was a sin like unto adultery.

How did you keep from thinking about sex? In my early dating years I must have been sinning pretty much around the clock. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:46 pm 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
just me wrote:
Huh.

How did you keep from thinking about sex? In my early dating years I must have been sinning pretty much around the clock. :)

Yeah, I only thought about petting. Still felt super guilty. ;)

~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 pm 
God

Why me, you just discribed what most people around here call dry humping.

This is actually as fas as I would go as an active mormon. I guess I felt a little guilty about it but never enough to see the bishop over. Most mormon girls would go this far as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 pm 
God

why me wrote:
Also, it is a good barometer as to whether one is sexually compatible with the potential life partner.

A barometer without usage of a thermometer only tells air pressure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 pm 
God

Rambo wrote:
Why me, you just discribed what most people around here call dry humping.

Dry humping sounds like a crude term...something that one does with a cowboy hat on with howls screams.

Mormon lay is much more gentle and more mormonisk. It signifies respect and love for the people engaged in it.

We are “to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, to provide for the widow, to dry up the tear of the orphan, to comfort the afflicted, whether in this church, or in any other, or in no church at all…”
Joseph Smith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:43 pm 
God

just me wrote:
Huh.

I can understand your dad. He wanted to protect your virginity. However a mormon lay is not about thinking about sex but about how to give an expression of love for someone. It is a human expression of giving someone pleasure without the actual sex.

Joseph Smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:56 am 
Prophet

why me wrote:
just me wrote:
Huh.

I can understand your dad. He wanted to protect your virginity. However a mormon lay is not about thinking about sex but about how to give an expression of love for someone. It is a human expression of giving someone pleasure without the actual sex.

Of course, there are lots of ways of giving another person pleasure, even to the point of orgasm, without "the actual sex", and lots of those ways could occur completely clothed with no direct skin to skin contact. I seriously doubt any of those behaviors would be considered permisible by any Church leader in a position to make an official judgment about such things.

Seriously, why me, is this some kind of a joke?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 am 
God

Rambo wrote:
Most mormon girls would go this far as well.

that's news to me. My first French kiss was at the BYU ag center parking lot - and i later married the girl. Interesting that I thought I was being pretty naughty for French kissing.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 am 
Savior (resurrected)

Is this similar to the Mormon Squirm? Where your Mormon girlfriend sits on your lap and squirms around a bit too much?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:53 am 
Savior (resurrected)

zeezrom wrote:
that's news to me. My first French kiss was at the BYU ag center parking lot - and i later married the girl. Interesting that I thought I was being pretty naughty for French kissing.

I remember having a YM/YW activity where leaders ended up leaving the YM/YW alone, we ended up playing truth or dare. Some of us ended up French kissing in the church bushes. Of course this was California and during a different era. Most of us did not feel any guilt about this. It's not like the Bishop ever asked are you slipping your tongue down the throat of the young woman your kissing?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:07 am 
God

My bishop and SP told us not to passionately kiss. That should be reserved for marriage.

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:15 am 
Savior (resurrected)

zeezrom wrote:
My bishop and SP told us not to passionately kiss. That should be reserved for marriage.

Well there's the source of whatever guilt you might have felt. It would have been much easier for you if you simply interpreted what he said as "don't have your hand up her shirt when you kiss."

Someday I will tell you about the YM/YW combined camp out our ward once had.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 am 
God

Wisdom Seeker wrote:
Well there's the source of whatever guilt you might have felt. It would have been much easier for you if you simply interpreted what he said as "don't have your hand up her shirt when you kiss."

Someday I will tell you about the YM/YW combined camp out our ward once had.

WS - they also told us not to put our hands up girls shirts. By the time our leaders were done with us, the only thing left was to hold hands (with mild indifference) a kiss on the cheek and maybe a slow dance or two.

Your camp story sounds fun. I'm excited to hear more. I heard that the youth conference I went to involved possibly some Mormon Lays but I was stuck at the testimony camp fire the whole damn night. This testimony meeting went on until 1AM! And all the while, my friends were getting action just over the hill from me. Damn it!

The Holy Sacrament.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:01 am 
God

The For Strength of Youth pamphlet (I kept one in my wallet as a teen) says not to "arouse" those feelings in yourself or another person.

The Mormon Lay (aka Dry Humping) certainly "arouses" those feelings in one another.

Hello?!? Maybe Why Me was a member of an apostate group that had never heard of SWK.

'Course, I think pre-hippy movement that the church was more relaxed. I know that a lot of members of the church used to go out to eat on Sunday and that girls wearing sleeveless prom dresses wasn't really an issue.

As people began to free their minds from heirarchy it looks like the church had to tighten the reigns on the little stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 am 
God

why me wrote:
Mormon lay is much more gentle and more mormonisk. It signifies respect and love for the people engaged in it.

why me, how old are you? Get with the times everyone younger and not married calls this dry humping. It has been called dry humping for as long as I can remember.

Wisdom Seeker wrote:
Is this similar to the Mormon Squirm? Where your Mormon girlfriend sits on your lap and squirms around a bit too much?

Is the girl straddling you when she sits on top of your lap? Also you would do the movements of sex for it to be considered dry humping.

zeezrom wrote:
Rambo wrote:
Most mormon girls would go this far as well.

Yeah Zee, I got taught the same thing you did. I even know people that did not kiss until they were at the alter. When leaders would tell us to avoid passionate kissing I always thought it was just their opinion. I guess I thought it was for people that could not control themselves. It's kind of funny because I knew how far I would go and I was able to stop. Dry humping was as far as I would go and I would stop there. That was my line. There were times when we wanted to go farther but that would cross my line and I would not do that. I guess what I am trying to say is avoiding passionate kissing were for people that needed to do this or else the passionate kissing would lead to full blown sex!

I would say about half the mormon girls I dated would do dry humping. Some of the girls would not even do french kissing and some would take 2 cupcakes and then I would dump them. My bishop use to call me shallow Rambo kind of like shallow Hal :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:50 am 
God

Why me is a blathering idiot. If he really ever was a Mormon he was a s****y one. No LDS youth in the 70s that listened to Spencer Kimball or had lessons on chastity at church would be so cavalier about heavy petting and such if even through clothing. Kimball called petting next to fornication. Why Me's Mormon Lay certainly would have been considered by his leaders and bishops as a serious infraction of the law of chastity.