It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:49 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7796
Bond James Bond wrote:
Birtherism? Well I can't say I'm not shocked.


1. If you had actually read what I said, I didn't talk about his birth certificate, but it is a question hence why I mentioned it.
It's a known fact that Obama was born to one citizen parent and one non-citizen.

The rule for being president states a person must be born to citizen parentS.
Either way, he wasn't qualified because his father wasn't a citizen, irrespective of the birth certificate issue.

2. Have you actually looked at all the evidence after it all has settled down, all the facts, research etc. has been done?
I'm betting you haven't. There are some serious and clear problems, that it wouldn't surprise me at all that he wasn't born here. Watch the videos especially done by Sherrif Joe Arpaio's Investigators. Facts are facts.

Further, why aren't you "surprised"?
You're not surprised that I actually research things out, that I don't simply believe what the media tells me?
That, I don't believe in ANY other "conspiracy" like Alex Jones nuts in relation to 9/11 and several other subjects?
You clearly don't know me at all if you're "not suprised" in thinking I believe in Birtherism.
But, I do accept it to a degree, because I've researched it. I didn't at first, because after all, it seems impossible that the government would allow it. But, having waited until all the facts were in, I looked into it, and it's a serious problem.

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:53 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 30667
Location: Off the Deep End
ldsfaqs wrote:
Bond James Bond wrote:
Birtherism? Well I can't say I'm not shocked.


1. If you had actually read what I said, I didn't talk about his birth certificate, but it is a question hence why I mentioned it.
It's a known fact that Obama was born to one citizen parent and one non-citizen.

The rule for being president states a person must be born to citizen parentS.
Either way, he wasn't qualified because his father wasn't a citizen, irrespective of the birth certificate issue.

2. Have you actually looked at all the evidence after it all has settled down, all the facts, research etc. has been done?
I'm betting you haven't. There are some serious and clear problems, that it wouldn't surprise me at all that he wasn't born here. Watch the videos especially done by Sherrif Joe Arpaio's Investigators. Facts are facts.

Further, why aren't you "surprised"?
You're not surprised that I actually research things out, that I don't simply believe what the media tells me?
That, I don't believe in ANY other "conspiracy" like Alex Jones nuts in relation to 9/11 and several other subjects?
You clearly don't know me at all if you're "not suprised" in thinking I believe in Birtherism.
But, I do accept it to a degree, because I've researched it. I didn't at first, because after all, it seems impossible that the government would allow it. But, having waited until all the facts were in, I looked into it, and it's a serious problem.



He's a natural born citizen of the freaking United States of America.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:02 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12907
ajax18 wrote:
Quote:
Funny how much Republicans hated Clinton when he was actually a good president.


Obama was much worse than Clinton. I'll give you that much.


Some like him, some don't. I expect extreme people to hate the current president if they don't think he is on their team.

Quote:
We'd be better off putting a lot of these kids in trade schools after 9th grade. Forcing people to be in school that don't want to be there is a joke. That's why no child left behind was destined for failure. Throwing more tax money at public education won't make the rising generation any more competitive in the job market.


I'm all for ideas on how to improve the system. Much of what society does is experimenting. Go with what works and adjust what doesn't. Tax money for public education is a great investment that pays for itself.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:02 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Posts: 2685
Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
ldsfaqs wrote:
Bond James Bond wrote:
Birtherism? Well I can't say I'm not shocked.


1. If you had actually read what I said, I didn't talk about his birth certificate, but it is a question hence why I mentioned it.
It's a known fact that Obama was born to one citizen parent and one non-citizen.

The rule for being president states a person must be born to citizen parentS.
Either way, he wasn't qualified because his father wasn't a citizen, irrespective of the birth certificate issue.

2. Have you actually looked at all the evidence after it all has settled down, all the facts, research etc. has been done?
I'm betting you haven't. There are some serious and clear problems, that it wouldn't surprise me at all that he wasn't born here. Watch the videos especially done by Sherrif Joe Arpaio's Investigators. Facts are facts.

Further, why aren't you "surprised"?
You're not surprised that I actually research things out, that I don't simply believe what the media tells me?
That, I don't believe in ANY other "conspiracy" like Alex Jones nuts in relation to 9/11 and several other subjects?
You clearly don't know me at all if you're "not suprised" in thinking I believe in Birtherism.
But, I do accept it to a degree, because I've researched it. I didn't at first, because after all, it seems impossible that the government would allow it. But, having waited until all the facts were in, I looked into it, and it's a serious problem.


He was born on American soil. He's an American.

_________________
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:09 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7796
The "standard" for the U.S. Presidency is to be born to Citizen Parents, period. (That's TWO parents for the intellectually challenged.)
Being born on U.S. soil doesn't make one an American, being born to American parents and having American ideals makes one American.

You guys clearly need to study Political Law, and why and how these things were put into place.

But again, there is clear question he may not have even actually been even born here, even though he doesn't fit the standard to be president because he was only born to ONE Citizen parent. Either way, he had no business being President. He broke the law, and he's allowed to over and over again by those in power on either side.

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:10 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 30667
Location: Off the Deep End
Quote:
The rule for being president states a person must be born to citizen parentS.


No, it's not.

Quote:
Either way, he wasn't qualified because his father wasn't a citizen, irrespective of the birth certificate issue.


His father's citizenship has nothing to do with his eligibility.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:12 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 30667
Location: Off the Deep End
ldsfaqs wrote:
The "standard" for the U.S. Presidency is to be born to Citizen Parents, period. (That's TWO parents for the intellectually challenged.)
Being born on U.S. soil doesn't make one an American, being born to American parents and having American ideals makes one American.


No, you are wrong on both counts. Being born on American soil most certainly does make one an American.

You don't even know what constitutes American citizenship. Do you think you should be referring to other people as intellectually challenged?

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:15 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 30667
Location: Off the Deep End
delete

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:07 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 6183
Location: Arizona
Bond James Bond wrote:

FDR and LBJ were far more socialist.


I do agree with that, but I don't know if Kevin Graham would.

_________________
"And I've said it before, you want to know what Joseph Smith looked like in Nauvoo, just look at Trump." - Fence Sitter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:16 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:56 pm
Posts: 5601
Quote:
You don't even know what constitutes American citizenship. Do you think you should be referring to other people as intellectually challenged?


That's not really fair. Nobody really knows exactly what "natural born citizen" means as a requirement for being President because the constitution does not define it and the supreme court will not rule upon it. The issue has been left up to the legislature and they've pretty much ignored it.

As an aside, the legislature had freed Negro slaves in mind when writing the 14th amendment, not anchor babies.

_________________
And when the confederates saw Jackson standing fearless as a stone wall the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.

For with freedom of the slave will come paeace and safety to your country.
Frederick Douglas


Last edited by ajax18 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:22 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 7953
In support of Jersey Girl's argument:

Quote:
In addition to historical and textual analysis, numerous holdings and references in federal (and state) cases for more than a century have clearly indicated that those born in the United States and subject to its jurisdiction (i.e., not born to foreign diplomats or occupying military forces), even to alien parents, are citizens “at birth” or “by birth,” and are “natural born,” as opposed to “naturalized,” U.S. citizens. There is no provision in the Constitution and no controlling American case law to support a contention that the citizenship of one’s parents governs the eligibility of a native born U.S. citizen to be President.

"Qualifications for President and the “Natural Born” Citizenship Eligibility Requirement"
Jack Maskell, Legislative Attorney
November 14, 2011
Congressional Research Service
7-5700, http://www.crs.gov; R42097


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:35 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:29 pm
Posts: 4113
Location: The Yukon Hotel - 1187 Hunterwasser Los Angeles
ldsfaqs wrote:
Carson's point is if America is walking like a duck and quacking like a duck in ways Nazi Germany was in some things due to liberal policy's, then THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!!


Yeah, I guess that must be why that liberal Franklin Roosevelt kept dragging his feet about confronting fascism...

...half a moment!

According to the American Conservative Website:

Quote:
The opposition to America’s entry into both World Wars was largely led by conservatives.


The first Americans to fight fascism in Europe: The 2,800 volunteers of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade.

Image

Just to be clear, that was not a chapter of the Young Republicans.

_________________
"Throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
- Donald Trump
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land


Last edited by MeDotOrg on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:38 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Posts: 2685
Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
ldsfaqs wrote:
The "standard" for the U.S. Presidency is to be born to Citizen Parents, period. (That's TWO parents for the intellectually challenged.)
Being born on U.S. soil doesn't make one an American, being born to American parents and having American ideals makes one American.

You guys clearly need to study Political Law, and why and how these things were put into place.

But again, there is clear question he may not have even actually been even born here, even though he doesn't fit the standard to be president because he was only born to ONE Citizen parent. Either way, he had no business being President. He broke the law, and he's allowed to over and over again by those in power on either side.


If being born on American soil doesn't automatically make one a citizen then why all the hubbub about "anchor babies"? Oh that's right because they're automatically citizens and their parents aren't and that's why Republicans want to suspend the 14th Amendment's protection of citizenship for people born on US soil as a way to get a small foothold in America.

_________________
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.


Last edited by Bond James Bond on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:49 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 30667
Location: Off the Deep End
Lemmie: Thanks. I just couldn't continue.

Bond: I was thinking about "going there" but I just gave up.

5 monopoly bucks says he doesn't return and admit error.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:55 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Posts: 2685
Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
Jersey Girl wrote:
Lemmie: Thanks. I just couldn't continue.

Bond: I was thinking about "going there" but I just gave up.

5 monopoly bucks says he doesn't return and admit error.


He knows how we could have won Vietnam if only there'd been no antiwar movement and I'm waiting on that bit of info.

_________________
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:08 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 30667
Location: Off the Deep End
Bond James Bond wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Lemmie: Thanks. I just couldn't continue.

Bond: I was thinking about "going there" but I just gave up.

5 monopoly bucks says he doesn't return and admit error.


He knows how we could have won Vietnam if only there'd been no antiwar movement and I'm waiting on that bit of info.


Good luck with that. My experience just earlier had all the characteristics of a Dementor attack.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:09 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 12907
ajax18 wrote:
Quote:
You don't even know what constitutes American citizenship. Do you think you should be referring to other people as intellectually challenged?


That's not really fair. Nobody really knows exactly what "natural born citizen" means as a requirement for being President because the constitution does not define it and the supreme court will not rule upon it. The issue has been left up to the legislature and they've pretty much ignored it.



I believe one of the Republican candidates was not born in the US. I wonder if Republicans will care as much as they did about whether Obama was born in the US?

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:13 pm 
Has More Degrees Than Droopy
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Posts: 2685
Location: Cassius University: Ho Chi Minh Professor of American Military History
Themis wrote:
I believe one of the Republican candidates was not born in the US. I wonder if Republicans will care as much as they did about whether Obama was born in the US?


Ted Cruz was born in Calgary. Murica!

_________________
Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded.-charity 3/7/07

MASH quotes
I peeked in the back [of the Bible] Frank, the Devil did it.
I avoid church religiously.
This isn't one of my sermons, I expect you to listen.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:23 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:41 pm
Posts: 7796
Again..... "Citizen Parents" is the requirement.
Being actually born on soil isn't required.

Is a person where they were born? Nope.
Is a person their family, heritage, ideology? Yes.

_________________
"Socialism is Rape and Capitalism is consensual sex" - Ben Shapiro


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:27 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Posts: 30667
Location: Off the Deep End
ldsfaqs wrote:
Again..... "Citizen Parents" is the requirement.
Being actually born on soil isn't required.



Prove it.

_________________
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Ben Carson on why he switched to the Republican Party
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:29 pm 
God

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 7953
Jersey Girl wrote:
Lemmie: Thanks. I just couldn't continue.


No Prob. ; ))
and just cause maybe it bears repeating:
Lemmie wrote:
In support of Jersey Girl's argument:

Quote:
In addition to historical and textual analysis, numerous holdings and references in federal (and state) cases for more than a century have clearly indicated that those born in the United States and subject to its jurisdiction (i.e., not born to foreign diplomats or occupying military forces), even to alien parents, are citizens “at birth” or “by birth,” and are “natural born,” as opposed to “naturalized,” U.S. citizens. There is no provision in the Constitution and no controlling American case law to support a contention that the citizenship of one’s parents governs the eligibility of a native born U.S. citizen to be President.


"Qualifications for President and the “Natural Born” Citizenship Eligibility Requirement"
Jack Maskell, Legislative Attorney
November 14, 2011
Congressional Research Service
7-5700, http://www.crs.gov; R42097


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajax18, Brackite, Dr. Shades, Gunnar and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group