It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shades, its time to restore the thread
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:07 pm 
Classless piece of s***

Stormy Waters wrote:
Alter Idem wrote:
No, you don't 'got it'.

Shades can accuse her and defend himself all he wants, but if he doesn't allow JG to challenge his version(which she strongly disputes) and defend herself, he's as bad as MADB.

If he were as bad as bad as MAD this criticism of his moderation policies would be deleted, and the offending posters banned.

Why not just copy and paste her side of the story?

Yes, why not? Go ask Jersey Girl to write something up and paste it here. The time-to-reply may be a little longer than normal, but I think we could cut her some slack. JG can read this board without a problem. Use a text editor to reply, give the replies to Liz or Alter Idem to post, and voila, Jersey is back defending her good name.

Of course, it's much easier to perpetuate a mythology of wrongdoing if you hide behind the veil and bellyache to your friends all day...

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm 
Classless piece of s***

Alter Idem wrote:
I think the accusations against her are serious and when he resurrects them, and she has no way to respond and challenge them

Yes she does:

1) JG can read the board
2) JG can use a text editor to craft a reply
3) Liz or Alter Idem or any of her friends can post on her behalf
4) We can respond
5) Goto 1)

Easy-peasey.

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 pm 
High Priest

Alter Idem wrote:
For Cylon and Cicero; You weren't here so you don't JG, but she was a fixture on this board and her friendship with Shades goes back many years. There's a lot more to this than the posts you pulled up. I don't expect you to understand why some of us disagree with what was done, but I'll tell you we have good reasons.

I never claimed to have any understanding of the bigger picture. I was responding specifically to the claims that she never would have hurt anyone and that she didn't threaten legal action. She did threaten legal action right there in the public thread. Whether she was serious or made any attempt to follow through I have no idea. Also, I never made any value judgment as to whether banning her was the right call taking everything else into account, and I won't, either, because I don't know the bigger picture. But if those things had been said by a new poster I would not be at all surprised to see them banned.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:33 pm 
Apostle

Cylon wrote:
Alter Idem wrote:
For Cylon and Cicero; You weren't here so you don't JG, but she was a fixture on this board and her friendship with Shades goes back many years. There's a lot more to this than the posts you pulled up. I don't expect you to understand why some of us disagree with what was done, but I'll tell you we have good reasons.

I never claimed to have any understanding of the bigger picture. I was responding specifically to the claims that she never would have hurt anyone and that she didn't threaten legal action. She did threaten legal action right there in the public thread. Whether she was serious or made any attempt to follow through I have no idea. Also, I never made any value judgment as to whether banning her was the right call taking everything else into account, and I won't, either, because I don't know the bigger picture. But if those things had been said by a new poster I would not be at all surprised to see them banned.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 pm 
Classless piece of s***

LDSToronto wrote:
Alter Idem wrote:
I think the accusations against her are serious and when he resurrects them, and she has no way to respond and challenge them

Yes she does:

1) JG can read the board
4) We can respond
5) Goto 1)

Easy-peasey.

H.

bump

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 pm 
God

Alter Idem wrote:
As long as she cannot defend herself, he should not post his justification for what he did. If he's so sure he did what was right and best for the board, then he should not feel the need to explain himself, but should ignore the grumblings. That would be the right thing to do.

When he insists on responding by once again posting his justification for banning her, he has unfairly maligned her because she can't dispute his accusations. This kind of thing happened at MADB and it was wrong. When it happens here, it's wrong too.

Look, why are you being so Goddamn stupid? If Shades didn't stick up for himself, board members would be crying and bitching about his silence and crucify his ass to a tree.

Give it a rest. For Christ bloody sake. Jesus!!! (Would you like some nails and a hammer?) Pound, pound, pound.

Paul O

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 pm 
Apostle

LDSToronto wrote:
Alter Idem wrote:

Yes she does:

1) JG can read the board
4) We can respond
5) Goto 1)

Easy-peasey.

H.

Shades does allow cut and pastes from other boards, though he does request links, which couldn't be done to Liz's board. I'm not sure if JG would want to do this, but if she did and Shades was okay with it, I'd post her responses here for her. But I'm not sure how Shades would feel about this since he did ban her from here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:46 pm 
God

Alter Idem wrote:
Shades does allow cut and pastes from other boards, though he does request links, which couldn't be done to Liz's board. I'm not sure if JG would want to do this, but if she did and Shades was okay with it, I'd post her responses here for her. But I'm not sure how Shades would feel about this since he did ban her from here.

That seems fair. You can quote who ever the hell you want. Free speech, baby. Bring on the JG. You can be her mouth, ears, and eyes. You do realize it would be a lot of endless bitching.

I'll cover my ears.

:lol:

Paul O

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 am 
God

cwald wrote:
The youtube temple vids are being discussed at MDDB now

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/58425-temple-video/

I think it is quite comical they will never list this board by name...only as the "other board" or the "critics board."

I usually refer to their board as the "other board" too. Sometimes I call it MAD but it's that other stinking board with Nazi-like moderators lieing for the Lord. They are spiritual murderers! And they can kiss my ass!

THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS

MDDB = Hitler

Paul O

Post subject: Jersey Girl: This is your opportunity
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 am 
Classless piece of s***

Dr. Shades and the rest of the mod team, I ask that you allow this thread to remain in the Terrestrial Forum for visibility purposes. Once it has run it's course, you are free to move it.

In another thread, Alter Idem says the following concerning Jersey Girl's ban:

I think the accusations against her [Jersey Girl] are serious and when he [Dr. Shades] resurrects them, and she has no way to respond and challenge them

This was my reply:
Yes she does:

1) JG can read the board
4) We can respond
5) Goto 1)

Time for Jersey Girl to put up or shut up. I suggest Alter Idem or Liz post in this thread on her behalf. No need to post links from Liz's board - have JG draft all replies using a text editor on her computer, hand them over to a spokesperson, and the spokesperson will post replies here. Hell, I'll even volunteer to post Jersey's replies if she sends them to me.

So, what's it going to be, JG? Sling s*** at Shades from afar, a la Peterson, or have a bit of courage and fill us all in?

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

Post subject: Re: Jersey Girl: This is your opportunity
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:51 am 
God

What you did was unpardonable, JG. Your banning was completely just and fair. You did it to yourself. Own up and shut up.

I hope you learned a little lesson when it comes to threatening people with lawsuits. What you did was really down and dirty -- you should apologize.

But your banning is permanent. Forever.

Paul O

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 am 
\m/ \m/

Shulem wrote:
What you did was unpardonable, JG. Your banning was completely just and fair. You did it to yourself. Own up and shut up.

I hope you learned a little lesson when it comes to threatening people with lawsuits. What you did was really down and dirty -- you should apologize.

But your banning is permanent. Forever.

Paul O

Idly threatening lawsuits is a pernicious, anti-social evil. It is bullying when there is not real legal traction for the claims. Those threats are often used to shake out a 'nuisance value' from the target of those threats.

I am a lawyer. I have litigation experience. I only litigate for clients claims that relate to business, tax, and estate planning issues. I tried a case for plaintiffs early this year, the jury gave us a handsome verdict. The wrongs involved were palpable. The defendant was incorrigible against entertaining the notion that he might have erred. His intransigence in that regard required us to take the case all the way through trial.

When I think someone has been wronged by another in a way recognized by society as expressed through its laws, I believe in pursuing a remedy. I do not think that the offender should be permitted to keep the benefit from his wrong.

Of potential litigation clients, I take less than 1 out of 6 that seek my services for litigation to pursue a claim. (I take most every client that needs a civil action defense--he did not start the suit. Sometimes doing nothing more than scheduling a settlement conference and getting the matter resolved amicably, particularly when this defendant clearly is culpable for the losses suffered by the claimant.)

About the other 5, some are earnestly seeking, when they come in for a consultation, to learn whether they have been wronged in a way the law recognizes. Some depart disappointed, but satisfied that "there's nothing that can be done" within the justice system. About 1 of those 5 ask will ask me if we can't get something out of the target of his angst by sending a threatening letter or maybe even filing suit, "and see what that other person or company will give us".

Most (90%+) of other lawyers I know will do as I do and refuse to do so, upholding the oath we took not to do so. I think our profession, and the justice system as a whole, would fare much better in the marketplace of public opinion if it were not for the less than 10% of lawyers that do engage in idle threats of litigation, to shake down the targets.

I thankfully do not know the particulars of the situation discussed in this thread. I hope that when any litigation threats may have been made by JG, she fully thought she had legal basis to file such a lawsuit and fully intended to go through with filing, but has not because of what she may have learned about the facts and legal rules since leveling those threats. As I indicated, idly threatening lawsuits is a pernicious, anti-social evil, particularly when used to stop another from exercising his otherwise protected rights.

Soothe the burn
Wake me up"
Nirvana, Dumb

"Now do what they told ya."
Rage Against the Machine, Killing in the Name.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:00 am 
God

She does have a response including her message to Dr Shades on Liz's board which includes a vehement denial of the accusations. She claims not to have threatened to sue. You can just use a previous link to go there and view it.

Conservatism is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation in Action
He who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Machina Sublime

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:57 am 
Classless piece of s***

bcspace wrote:
She does have a response including her message to Dr Shades on Liz's board which includes a vehement denial of the accusations. She claims not to have threatened to sue. You can just use a previous link to go there and view it.

Liz runs a private board. Not all here can link to that message. Copy and paste JG's message here.

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 pm 
God

LDSToronto wrote:
Dr. Shades and the rest of the mod team, I ask that you allow this thread to remain in the Terrestrial Forum for visibility purposes. Once it has run it's course, you are free to move it.

Dr. Shades and the rest of the mod team, I ask that you put a stop to this thread, pronto!

In addition to the obvious (A thread started to challenge a banned/silenced former MDB member :rolleyes: ) I would suggest that this thread, among other things, is an extreme example of bad form!

Quote:
Time for Jersey Girl to put up or shut up.

I'm fairly certain that decision has already been made (long before you decided to author this thread) to ban JG from this board (Not sure how anyone could either "put up" or "shut up" from that position)

Quote:
I suggest Alter Idem or Liz post in this thread on her behalf.

I suggest that someone post on your behalf, forever!

Quote:
So, what's it going to be, JG? Sling s*** at Shades from afar, a la Peterson, or have a bit of courage and fill us all in?

The absolute pinnacle of irony. (It just doesn't get any higher than that!)

Quote:
H.

Peace,
Ceeboo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:20 pm 
Classless piece of s***

Ceeboo wrote:
LDSToronto wrote:

Dr. Shades and the rest of the mod team, I ask that you put a stop to this thread, pronto!

In addition to the obvious (A thread started to challenge a banned/silenced former MDB member :rolleyes: ) I would suggest that this thread, among other things, is an extreme example of bad form!

Dummy, go read the thread where Alter Idem accused Shades of not allowing JG to refute his accusations. This thread is for Jersey Girl to have a voice, you dimwit.

Ceeboo wrote:
I suggest that someone post on your behalf, forever!

Somebody already does. Chew on that for a while.

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 pm 
Apostle

LDSToronto wrote:
bcspace wrote:

Liz runs a private board. Not all here can link to that message. Copy and paste JG's message here.

H.

If BCspace does as you suggest, he could get himself in hot water--with Liz or with Shades. Do you know the board guidelines for Liz's board? Do you know how Shades feels about the suggestion to cut and paste JG's remarks here on his board? What about JG? Does she have any say in this?

You keep urging people to copy and paste when so far, no one has heard a word from Shades, or Liz--the owners of the boards.

And lay off Ceeboo. I think he know what's going on. He just doesn't like contention. Unfortunately, sometimes it can't be avoided.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:55 pm 
Classless piece of s***

Alter Idem wrote:
LDSToronto wrote:

H.

If BCspace does as you suggest, he could get himself in hot water--with Liz or with Shades. Do you know the board guidelines for Liz's board? Do you know how Shades feels about the suggestion to cut and paste JG's remarks here on his board? What about JG? Does she have any say in this?

You keep urging people to copy and paste when so far, no one has heard a word from Shades, or Liz--the owners of the boards.

And lay off Ceeboo. I think he know what's going on. He just doesn't like contention. Unfortunately, sometimes it can't be avoided.

Stop making excuses. Get permission from Liz. Or, as I've said twice now, get Jersey Girl to type a message in a text editor, send it to you, or me, or Liz, and post it here. Then she doesn't need permission from anyone - not Shades, not Liz.

And Ceeboo can suck it.

H.

~ Simone de Beauvoir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:02 pm 
Nursery

I don't know who this Jersey Girl is but I'm about as interested in this as I am in the Jersey Shore idiots.

Unless she's hot.

And posts pictures.

Nude ones.

That is all.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:04 pm 
Apostle

LDSToronto wrote:

Stop making excuses. Get permission from Liz. Or, as I've said twice now, get Jersey Girl to type a message in a text editor, send it to you, or me, or Liz, and post it here. Then she doesn't need permission from anyone - not Shades, not Liz.

And Ceeboo can suck it.

H.

No.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 pm 
God

Newnamenoah wrote:
I don't know who this Jersey Girl is but I'm about as interested in this as I am in the Jersey Shore idiots.

Unless she's hot.

And posts pictures.

Nude ones.

That is all.

I've heard she is pretty decent looking if you like girls. But I don't know. I doubt JG will post any nude pics of herself. Besides, Shades would delete them really fast.

Paul O

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next