It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Peterson, Hamblin, Schryver Online Antics: Request for Help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:24 pm 
1st Counselor

Fellow MDB'ers:

I do not want to reveal my IRL identity, for what I think should be obvious reasons, but there are people I know who I happened to tell that I participate on this board, and so I have had a "special request" made to me by someone who is doing an investigation of the online antics of Daniel Peterson, William Hamblin, and William Schryver, or anyone else associated with FARMS.

As most of you probably know, I have not been here long and I am not very familiar with what those three guys have done in that respect. About three weeks ago, I gave the person asking me for this stuff the link to the Schryver misogyny thread. He emailed me a little while ago saying that they:

Quote:
… can't use the "Emma Smith is a champion bitch" quote, or the one where he supposedly called a woman a "c***", or the quote from the poster named "WilliamSchryver" (no space between the names). Apparently Schryver has convinced people that those three are forgeries. So we need other things that demonstrate his offensive online behavior. I was told that the quotes contained at the links you sent were "not considered to be offensive enough." They need more and better examples.

They want anything said by Peterson or Hamblin or others associated with F.A.R.M.S. that is similar in nature, or where either of those two have expressed agreement with or support for offensive things Schryver or others have said online.

This is needed absolutely as soon as possible, if you can …

I've been told that this is intended for people "high up the ladder" (what exactly that means, I'm not sure) who are investigating the FARMS shake-up. It isn't clear if the "ladder" he mentioned is at BYU or in Salt Lake City.

It should go with out saying that I need URL's for all the examples you give me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ludd

Post subject: Re: Peterson, Hamblin, Schryver Online Antics: Request for H
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:26 pm 
God

Not offensive enough? :rolleyes:

"¡No contaban con mi astucia!" -- El Chapulin Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:32 pm 
God

B.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 pm 
Deacon

Lemme check the tapes. I might have all three of them in a gay orgy in the Celestial Room. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 pm 
1st Counselor

RockSlider wrote:
B.S.

No, this is NOT b***s***. It sounds very serious to me. Because if you think about it, why would they want this kind of information unless they felt like they needed to make a case to support what was done at the MI with Peterson and his crew? And why would they need to make a case unless the announced decision isn't really a final as everyone has thought it is?

Anyway, I'm just passing on the request made to me because I can't do anymore than I already did. I think all they really need are a few examples showing how these FARMS boys really are when they get online and lose their sense of self-restraint. They just have to be ones that they haven't managed to put some doubt on somehow. I've also heard people talking about Peterson saying sexist or misogynist things. Have those been saved in a post somewhere? And also times where Hamblin has been defending one or both Peterson and Schryver?

I've gotten the impression these guys main defense is just saying that everything that comes out of here is a lie. Just lying apostates making all these things up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:49 pm 
First Presidency

Have you read through the two "sticky" links at the top of this forum?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:51 pm 
High Priest

Nice try Gerald Bradford! We're not going to fall for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:55 pm 
God

This makes no sense. Why do they want you to find information they could just as easily find on the Internet? Why would they take Mr. Schryver's word for it that the quotes are forged?

There's a reason he has a reputation for being a dishonest misogynist, and it's not that he's been unfairly maligned. I also heard recently that Schryver has been known to make veiled threats of violence, but others would know more about that than I do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:57 pm 
1st Counselor

Cicero wrote:
Have you read through the two "sticky" links at the top of this forum?

The MADHouse quotes one, quite a bit. There are some very, very funny posts. The CFP one, I haven't read much at all of it. Give me an example from it, if you have one in mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:03 pm 
1st Counselor

Phaedrus Ut wrote:
Nice try Gerald Bradford! We're not going to fall for that.

You have to figure that this info would only be something him or people who support him would want. But I was basically requested to ask publicly for this stuff, if I had to. Just like I did. So whoever really wants it doesn't seem to care that it is known that they want it. I'll bet I'm not the only one who's been asked to provide stuff, if there really is a legitimate reason to want it. Why not ask for it publicly anyway?

And no, I'm not GB.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:05 pm 
θεά

If the people you are trying to convince are obtuse enough to believe that the "WilliamSchryver" and "Emma was a champion bitch" quotes are forgeries---even though William admitted to saying them at different points in time---then there is probably no amount of online evidence that could ever convince them.

In any case, I documented some misbehavior in footnote 3 of this post here. I have neither the time nor the interest in documenting more than that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:15 pm 
1st Counselor

Bob Loblaw wrote:
This makes no sense. Why do they want you to find information they could just as easily find on the Internet?

Look, I don't know how I would go about finding anything like this, unless it is gathered together by other people and put in one place and somehow that one place comes to my attention, like the misogyny thread did. But even that one doesn't have a whole lot of stuff in it, and they probably don't figure the double entendre breast jokes make the case if Schryver has managed to put doubt on those three things he mentioned.

Quote:
Why would they take Mr. Schryver's word for it that the quotes are forged?

Who taking his word for it? Not the guy who asked me for the info.

Quote:
There's a reason he has a reputation for being a dishonest misogynist, and it's not that he's been unfairly maligned.

I have no doubt about it. But I need a few examples besides the three things he has apparently made people think are "questionable". And some examples of Peterson and Hamblin too. I assumed someone has been collecting them like the MADHouse quotes thread and the misogyny thread.

Quote:
I also heard recently that Schryver has been known to make veiled threats of violence, but others would know more about that than I do.

Something like that would probably be good too. But I know they're particularly interested in the sexism, misogyny, personal attacks...stuff like that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 pm 
1st Counselor

MsJack wrote:
If the people you are trying to convince are obtuse enough to believe that the "WilliamSchryver" and "Emma was a champion bitch" quotes are forgeries---even though William admitted to saying them at different points in time---then there is probably no amount of online evidence that could ever convince them.

I'm not trying to convince anyone and I don't really know how this info is going to be used. I also got the impression that it wasn't that Schryver had necessarily convinced anyone that the quotes were forgeries, so much that those were the three things that he had muddied the water about, so they wanted to not have to rely on any of those three things.

Quote:
In any case, I documented some misbehavior in footnote 3 of this post here. I have neither the time nor the interest in documenting more than that.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:34 pm 
God

This whole "request" business seems pretty fishy to me...

Last edited by Blixa on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm 
God

Ludd wrote:
I'm not trying to convince anyone and I don't really know how this info is going to be used. I also got the impression that it wasn't that Schryver had necessarily convinced anyone that the quotes were forgeries, so much that those were the three things that he had muddied the water about, so they wanted to not have to rely on any of those three things.

Most dishonest people would muddy the waters about the things they're most ashamed of. Looks like it's working for Mr. Schryver.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
1st Counselor

Blixa wrote:
This whole "request" business seems a bit off to me...

It wasn't really "secret" and it's not really a big deal except that the info was desired "ASAP" if possible. It's just that I can't reveal who asked me for this without risking revealing my own IRL identity. Which I would rather not do, if you please. Not that I'm anyone important. I doubt anyone here would know me. But I'm kind of "kin-sensitive" right now when it comes to my church status, so I'd just as soon not risk it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 pm 
God

Ludd. You don't know why the unknown person is asking for this or why they don't look for it themselves or really who the subjects are or what issues are involved but you need the information ASAP and it needs to meet these parameters. Is that a good summary?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 pm 
God

Gotta quote RockSlider:

RockSlider wrote:
B.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm 
God

Not once in all the years I've known him has Dan ever said even one sexual thing. I just want to go on record as having said that. I don't know bill at all but will is bad news. You might want to look at his prolific "circle jerk" comments, all of which are still here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:03 pm 
First Presidency

Blixa wrote:
This whole "request" business seems pretty fishy to me...

+100

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 pm 
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

I think I can guess how this will wind up: people will fail to provide Ludd with material that meets the phantom "offensiveness level" that was cooked up by his source, and he will therefore conclude that, in fact, there never was any real "offensiveness" and that the whole case against Schryver was contrived by a bunch of manipulative anti-Mormons and apostates.

The thing is, Ludd, we all watched you jump on the Kishkumen dog-pile, so it's pretty clear that you're a sockpuppet--probably of either Simon Belmont or Schryver himself. The basic set-up here is pretty Belmontian, though as always, I'm perfectly willing to allow that I'm wrong.

"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next