It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:02 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
Yes, scripture, Nipper! The problem is that every time I quote scripture to you and Albion, you guys keep writing that it doesn't mean what it states!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:14 pm 
God

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 1390
You mean kind of like you stating something out of Ezekiel that isn't there?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
You are the one doing that Albion! That is your specialty. I quotes the Bible, and you either ignore the quote, as you did concerning the one from the Book of James, or you put some ridiculous Papa Joe Evangelical twist on it to when it doesn't even make decent sense! As if "Ye are gods AND ALL OF YOU ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH meant; ya'll corrupt judges is actin' like some kind o' god?!?!?!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:58 am 
God

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 1390
gdemetz, I have no problem with the verse from James. Faith without works is dead because it is the life in Christ that follows the new birth that gives demonstration of the saving grace that has taken place in the heart of the believer. I think that if a person claims faith in Christ his or her life should reflect that faith. If it doesn't, if no real change has taken place, then it would likely be because their proclamation of faith is false.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:25 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:50 am
Posts: 4157
Location: Your mother's purse
Albion wrote:
gdemetz, I have no problem with the verse from James. Faith without works is dead because it is the life in Christ that follows the new birth that gives demonstration of the saving grace that has taken place in the heart of the believer. I think that if a person claims faith in Christ his or her life should reflect that faith. If it doesn't, if no real change has taken place, then it would likely be because their proclamation of faith is false.

yes, but the "real problem" is the persistence for the "claim" of faith.. whether it is sincere or not.
Read James 2:18 "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."
Clearly the notion of boastful claims about one's faith is being addressed here.
More importantly, it must be recognized that while works may be deceiving to men, in that one may do them without faith, there can be no mistake that when the works are absent faith is absent too. - that is to say, a man that does good works may or may not have faith, but a man that does not do good works has no faith at all.

The evangelical position is so focused on proclaiming their own faith that they seldom are seen doing actual good works. James 2:18 addresses this idea quite well.

Paul really hammers on this point of 'salvation' being in the hands of an individual's faith and these teachings really took hold as Christianity freed itself from popery. However, none of this discourse, nor the doctrine from God, has ever freed an individual from the command to do good works - as you are bound by faith you are equally bound by works, and none of us have the ability to exclude one form the other anymore than one can tear the roots from a tree and claim all that is needed is the fruit.

_________________
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" - RULE 5, see also Obama
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard_Feynman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:15 am 
God

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 1390
Not quite sure just how your post answers mine. However, as you say evangelicals "...are seldom seen doing actual good works." While not wanting to boast in good works, you really are kidding, aren't you? Do you go around with your eyes closed or is it just the myopic view you get within Mormonism.
There are thousands of real Christian missionaries around the world who give their entire lives for the cause of the gospel, working to build hospitals and schools, aiding in the production of food in third world countries. Even at home, it is mostly Christians who operate food pantries and soup kitchens with many churches opening their buildings for the aid to the needy. Of the three largest relief organizations in the US, two are Christian organizations...the Salvation Army and the Southern Baptist Convention, both evangelicals. How many soup kitchens run by Mormons in Salt Lake City? Heck, even secular WalMart gives more money annually to charity than does the Mormon Church...billion dollars malls don't count. I think you need to get out more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
Albion wrote:
Not quite sure just how your post answers mine. However, as you say evangelicals "...are seldom seen doing actual good works." While not wanting to boast in good works, you really are kidding, aren't you? Do you go around with your eyes closed or is it just the myopic view you get within Mormonism.
There are thousands of real Christian missionaries around the world who give their entire lives for the cause of the gospel, working to build hospitals and schools, aiding in the production of food in third world countries. Even at home, it is mostly Christians who operate food pantries and soup kitchens with many churches opening their buildings for the aid to the needy. Of the three largest relief organizations in the US, two are Christian organizations...the Salvation Army and the Southern Baptist Convention, both evangelicals. How many soup kitchens run by Mormons in Salt Lake City? Heck, even secular WalMart gives more money annually to charity than does the Mormon Church...billion dollars malls don't count. I think you need to get out more.


Albion, if they aren't wearing specially designed for PR "Helping Hands" t shirts then I'm afraid it doesn't count as good works...

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am 
God

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 1390
I think perhaps you are right. I could add, too, that unless is comes with a bundle of press releases it doesn't count either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:09 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2383
gdemetz wrote:
Yes, scripture, Nipper! The problem is that every time I quote scripture to you and Albion, you guys keep writing that it doesn't mean what it states!!!


No, When God say to Moses that "I AM," and Jesus says, "I AM," you tell us what Mormons think and not what the Bible is saying regarding such. I see one God and you see two plus some force... The God Head is GOD. Not a union of three gods. There are no other gods. According to the Bible there has only been one God and yet The Father, Christ the Son, and The Holy Ghost, have always existed, together, united. There have been no other gods. There will be no other gods. Believers will be in perfect union with God forever, but only because GOD exists. Without CHRIST nothing else besides God would exist. Even we would cease to exist.


Last edited by LittleNipper on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 am 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
Nipper, you are not enduring sound doctrine. You are just repeating a centuries old brainwashed doctrine. Is it sound doctrine that one would pray to himself?!? "There are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Christ), and the holy Ghost, and these THREE are one (figurative!) These comprise the one "Godhead" which we worship. Christ stated that He would pray for His apostles that they may all be one JUST AS HE AND HIS FATHER WERE ONE! I hope that you don't believe that that literally means that the fifteen would all be literally one god, or whatever you would call it!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
gdemetz wrote:
Nipper, you are not enduring sound doctrine. You are just repeating a centuries old brainwashed doctrine. Is it sound doctrine that one would pray to himself?!? "There are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Christ), and the holy Ghost, and these THREE are one (figurative!) These comprise the one "Godhead" which we worship. Christ stated that He would pray for His apostles that they may all be one JUST AS HE AND HIS FATHER WERE ONE! I hope that you don't believe that that literally means that the fifteen would all be literally one god, or whatever you would call it!!!


So who are the other Gods talked about in the Book of Abraham?
Why was Michael (turned into Adam) called a God?
Why does the Church teach new members that they themselves can become Gods?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:59 am 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
Drifting, have you studied Mormon Doctrine at all?! Why do Mormons teach these things? It is because they are scriptural and true!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 am 
God

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 1390
"Is it sound doctrine that one would pray to himself?" gdemetz asks. Just so you know Christian belief before you ridicule it: "According to Christianity, the doctrine of the Trinity teaches that within the unity of one Deity there are three separate Persons who are coequal in power, nature and eternity." Agree or disagree all you want....but yet again, please get it right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 am 
God

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2383
gdemetz wrote:
Nipper, you are not enduring sound doctrine. You are just repeating a centuries old brainwashed doctrine. Is it sound doctrine that one would pray to himself?!? "There are THREE that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Christ), and the holy Ghost, and these THREE are one (figurative!) These comprise the one "Godhead" which we worship. Christ stated that He would pray for His apostles that they may all be one JUST AS HE AND HIS FATHER WERE ONE! I hope that you don't believe that that literally means that the fifteen would all be literally one god, or whatever you would call it!!!


You added the word "figurative." When God wants to be figurative He uses words such as "like" and "as." The word "are" is direct and explicit. Humans are not God.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:06 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
Nipper, think about what you have written! It's figurative! Christ stated that He would pray for his apostles that they may be one just AS, AS, AS, (or in the same way) that He and His Father were one!!! Albion, I know the false man made doctrine of the Trinity that so many have been brainwashed and brain dead by for so many centuries! I have certainly read it more than once, and I stand by what I have stated here! If they are "by unity of person" as this ridiculous Creed states, then why would it be necessary to pray to one's self unity, and how could part of this unity of person know when part of Him would return, but the other part of the unity of person would not?!? Face it, it is just a bunch of man made c&^* that started in the Catholic church, "And the Catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in unity (more c&^*), Neither confounding the persons; nor dividing the essence" (much more C&*^*, it's really getting deep now! I can't go on, it smells too bad!). As stupid as all this is, I don't think Satan will inspire the anti's to comment on this! After all, he loves confusion, and you want real confusion, just read all of this stupid creed! Man! That just begged for a restitution of all things!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:20 am 
God

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm
Posts: 1390
Evidently you don't, gdemetz, else you wouldn't keep repeating that Jesus prayed to himself. Jesus, the second person of the triune God, prayed to the Father, the first person of the triune God. Not too hard to get even when you don't accept it as valid.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:54 pm 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
Hello Albion?! The prayer only makes sense if they are separate individuals! The correct Biblical term "Godhead is the appropriate one, although the term "God" is often used since we worship all of the "Godhead."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:04 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
gdemetz wrote:
Hello Albion?! The prayer only makes sense if they are separate individuals! The correct Biblical term "Godhead is the appropriate one, although the term "God" is often used since we worship all of the "Godhead."


Do you worship Heavenly Mother and is She part of the Godhead?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 am 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
No.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:44 am 
God

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am
Posts: 7306
gdemetz wrote:
No.


Do you honour and respect your earthly Mother and Father equally?

_________________
“We look to not only the spiritual but also the temporal, and we believe that a person who is impoverished temporally cannot blossom spiritually.”
Keith McMullin - Counsellor in Presiding Bishopric

"One, two, three...let's go shopping!"
Thomas S Monson - Prophet, Seer, Revelator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cross, point, or angel on steeple?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 am 
God

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:59 am
Posts: 1681
Yes, but the father presided.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group